drbubb

GOLD SHARES / such as: GDX, GDXJ, CDNX etc.

The smart advice I have heard is, at least once you're all in and there is nothing more you can do, is find something to take your mind from it.

I am attempting a BIG BOSS run on the new HD collection metal gear solid 2. I have a chart with the requirements and wow, if this doesn't keep me occupied, nothing will :-)

Requirements for big boss are:

Difficulty EXTREME

Mission TANKER-PLANT - so both snake and raiden missions all in one

NO SPECIAL ITEMS

NO RADAR

Shots fired UNDER 700

Alert modes NONE - other than the 3 obligatory as part of the story. For instance when solid snake is in deck starboard in the tanker mission.

Damage taken UNDER 10 LIFE BARS

Kills ZERO (read that again ZERO!)

Rations ZERO (once again, your eyes do not deceive you ZERO)

Play time UNDER 3HOURS

NO CONTINUES

ONLY 7 SAVES IN TOTAL

The tanker mission is nearly in the bag. I am convinced that to stand a chance for the main section with raiden, the tanker needs to be done with no interim saves. I am struggling with the deck 2 starboard gunfight. OLGA is sorted. I can beat her consistantly now. When the tunnel fight is sorted I'll be ready to try a whole pass.

Just doing a double check on these requirements, they seem so unrealistically harsh. But then again, I thought I'd never learn to beat Olga with no damage and I did. I am just thinking of later fights like the metal gear rays. I just can't imagine it is possible do kill twenty odd of them without rations or taking a hit - because on extreme one hit kills for most bosses.

...just discovered a disagreement over saves. Another site seems to think you can have 8 save games in total. That would be a MASSIVE help.

The smart advice I have heard is, at least once you're all in and there is nothing more you can do, is find something to take your mind from it.

< snip >

There was a good piece yesterday on 321gold from Stewart in Canada about keeping your emotions in check using a reverse ETF to your gold stocks:

http://www.321gold.com/editorials/thomson_s/thomson_s_050812.html Stewart Thompson piece

Wikipedia tells you that gold dust refers to fine particles of gold that are produced by machining. They can also occur naturally. I agree.

Please click here now. DUST-nyse is a triple-leveraged ETF that shorts GDX-nyse. I don’t think that shorting gold stocks has ever been as important to the gold community as it is now.

Most investors try to use short positions to call tops in markets. Instead, I suggest you use them to manage your emotions in the lowest prices areas, as you accumulate your gold stocks. I refer to these prices areas as my “personal surprise zones”.

If you look at this DUST chart over the past two months, you can see that the price has risen about 100%. Investors like to wait for a substantial correction in price before buying any asset. I don’t think that’s such a good idea in this case.

If DUST was a mining company, I’d endorse that strategy, but it is not a mining company. It’s a leveraged bet against mining companies.

I view DUST as emotional insurance, not financial insurance. Most investors never expected gold stock prices to fall to the levels they are at now, and many are emotionally shattered. (continued at link

I think this is a very sensible strategy.

Also, it's interesting to see so many people here now take the plunge/considering taking the plunge and buying the juniors. I am in the same space but just haven't acted yet.

There was a good piece yesterday on 321gold from Stewart in Canada about keeping your emotions in check using a reverse ETF to your gold stocks:

http://www.321gold.com/editorials/thomson_s/thomson_s_050812.html Stewart Thompson piece

"I view DUST as emotional insurance, not financial insurance. Most investors never expected gold stock prices to fall to the levels they are at now, and many are emotionally shattered."

I hope that no one reading GEI is "emotionally shattered" - or showing big losses.

We have been warning that Gold and Gold shares could fall further, and suggesting that people "play the possible turnaround" with'

Options were possible.

Buying Gold and Dust at the same time, may just hedge away your profit potential.

Options can be better, but you must learn how to use them effectively.

I hope that no one reading GEI is "emotionally shattered" - or showing big losses.

We have been warning that Gold and Gold shares could fall further, and suggesting that people "play the possible turnaround" with'

Options were possible.

Buying Gold and Dust at the same time, may just hedge away your profit potential.

I was down an intranet day Max of about 13% I think. We appear to be having something of a relief at the moment, so not much now. I am not shattered, but I am aware that I no longer have a part to play because I cannot buy now I am all in and so I must take care not to become emotionally shattered - hence the metal gear solid 2 hd redux.

It is nice to have the help and suggestions but especially at these times I think you have to play your own game - pun is accidental.

Options were possible.

At times like this MENTAL capital is far more important than financial capital.

I have plenty of Mental capital yet, financial capital is showing some signs of strain....

see above

farsidesuperman.jpg

LOL.

Is that how the Gold Cult now feels about "Mr Gold" ?

If so, it might be a BUY signal.

Options were possible.

Its always important to get both sides of the story. Many here were saying that Gold was due to turn back up into another up trend. This was back in December. Well they were right. We have had plenty of Gold going up. But the main trend since then has been down. There were many posts about Gold has bottomed. Only for it to go even lower.

It was the same with house prices. Some people just did not believe that they would go down. Well they did. Will they come back ? Yes at some point. But no ones knows when that will be and they very well maybe more big drops coming in houses before it flattens out.

I do think Gold is a good long team play. So anyone holding should i believe carry on holding. The price will come back and go even higher. But we may see more lows before then.

Its always best to keep an open mind. Just because you believe that a price of something is going up. Always listen to the people who say it could go down.

There are always more sides to it than just going up.

LOL.

Is that how the Gold Cult now feels about "Mr Gold" ?

If so, it might be a BUY signal.

Nope, it's more about my timing in GDXJ, and I would ask you kindly to remove the doctored picture.

moving swiftly on, can someone please explain to me how anyone owning the shares of endeavour silver corp exk expect to make any real money. This stock appears to have an awful lot already priced in. Its near 4 times book and 42 times earnings. This is not a snipe, I am genuinely curious as to what justifies the huge pe and price to book.

Let's hear it for BIG BOSS ...

Well, not yet, but I have succeeded in completing the tanker chapter and have used one save. Olga never touched me and the soldier battle went as well as I could have hoped for, just took a bullet or two. Am in a great position now to begin the main part of the game on the plant.

If you are married, I do nit recommend you attempt metal gear solid 2 bigg boss run. But its taking my mind away from the markets most assuredly :-)

Its always important to get both sides of the story. Many here were saying that Gold was due to turn back up into another up trend. This was back in December. Well they were right. We have had plenty of Gold going up. But the main trend since then has been down. There were many posts about Gold has bottomed. Only for it to go even lower.

Actually, late Dec. WAS an important bottom for Gold.

And yesterday, we retraced 76% of that gain, and maybe created another important low (per Larry P)

Nope, it's more about my timing in GDXJ, and I would ask you kindly to remove the doctored picture.

I moved it, but did not remove it.

I think when people feel like THIS

farsidesuperman.jpg

It is probably time to be buying gold.

moving swiftly on, can someone please explain to me how anyone owning the shares of endeavour silver corp exk expect to make any real money. This stock appears to have an awful lot already priced in. Its near 4 times book and 42 times earnings. This is not a snipe, I am genuinely curious as to what justifies the huge pe and price to book.

It's not my cuppa.

But if Silver takes off above $50, then many Silver shares will soar again.

There's a great chance that SLW will stay ahead of the metal

Ah, silver wheaton is another one that I cannot bring myself to buy.

Consider Call options - less risk

I bought Bull spreads

Consider Call options - less risk

I bought Bull spreads

Or just buy less:-)

No. I will not buy exk or slw because they are not under valued according to my arithmetic. These companies are very popular. For good reason but their growth profile appears to have been recognised.

Ok, don't bother then. (black mark).

I moved it out of the quoted area, to make it clear it wasn't part of your post.

I think some here will be amused by it, as I was. And it does seem that JS is taking some heat,

based on his recent postings. As I indicated, that may actually be supportive of a possible bottom,

when people start losing faith in B&H.

As I have been saying for sometime, the smart thing to do is to sell into parabolic moves.

If you want to keep some exposure, then switch into Gold calls then, and hope the price drops enough

(as it has done) to replace your Gold at much lower prices.

59101600.png.Jesse-livermore-stock-quote.jpg : see quote*

Livermore was a smart operator, and I reckon he would have used them in a world where options are so cheap,

not held through huge moves such as we have seen.

I still think that JS has an agenda to to turn Gold investors into B&H sheeple, so his Illuminati

friends can unload at/near the top with less competition. His background and Everything he does

shouts that, and you need to develop some discernment to see it. The banks are not quite the manipulators

of Gold, that he makes them out to be- I know that as a former true insider at Chase.

I think some (but not all) of the "strange" ideas that I have posted on GEI will prove to have some

truth behind them, and people will wake up and realise that my intuition is not as flawed as some

old poster here thought.

In the meantime, let's all try and retain a sense of humor. I may or may not be right about JS.

You can laugh at me, if JS eventually gets his troops out of Gold near the final high. We saw a

nice intermediate high at $1923, and he has so far missed a $399 drop or a $344 drop - that's 20.7%

and 17.9%, respectively.

I have been a reasonably heavy buyer of GLD and UGL calls, and also bought some Gold

near $1600, so I will be laughing at the B&H-ers (once again), if prices soar from here.

If they drop back, I still have most of my cash intact. The real interesting time for me will

come around options expiries, which are various months from June to Jan.2013.

=== ===

*Quote:

“You will derive from successful trades based on your own judgment a singular pleasure and satisfaction. You will discover that profits made in this way are immensely more gratifying than any which could possibly come from the tips or guidance of someone else.”- Jesse Livermore

Does this sound like the words of someone who would be a B&H follower of Mr Gold?

Or just buy less:-)

No. I will not buy exk or slw because they are not under valued according to my arithmetic. These companies are very popular. For good reason but their growth profile appears to have been recognised.

If I bought a silver stock [medium/ long term], SLW would be the one. Outperforming silver over-all; better to the upside... while similiar to the downside.

slaw.png

I moved it out of the quoted area, to make it clear it wasn't part of your post.

Not the point. Never mind.

Seriously, not doing yourself any favours.

If I bought a silver stock [medium/ long term], SLW would be the one. Outperforming silver over-all; better to the upside... while similiar to the downside.

slaw.png

I suupose this is where we differ at this most basic level. I look at balance sheet performance rather than price performance with the supposition that, in time, the market will come to recognise it. I am not knocking slw from a balance sheet point of view, but I am saying that I think there is limited upside due to the already high level of interest in the stock.

I will compare $1 of SLW with $1 of, say PAAS which I think is much, much, much cheaper than SLW from here to see which stock performs better.

Not the point. Never mind.

Seriously, not doing yourself any favours.

Do you think I am not entitled to an opinion on Sinclair?

With my background, it may be better informed than many others who write about him.

For instance, I know from experience that much of what he writes about derivatives is pure nonsense.

And his notion that Livermore would support his B&H approach is just one example of likely exaggeration.

Tom Obrien, whom I respect, thinks he is too crooked to have on his show anymore.

And that's just the beginning...

Tom Obrien, whom I respect, thinks he is too crooked to have on his show anymore.

And that's just the beginning...

wow, I wouldn't have imagined that.

That's interesting, I have buy signals using my custom indicator for both GDX and GDXJ triggered on the close yesterday;

GDXJ-1.png

GDX weekly also could be at a low, based on Money Flow Index and Disparity Index levels;

gdx-1.png

I'm buying more GDX and GDXJ later.

I exited these new positions today, eating a 12% loss on them in the process. The macro picture has darkened quite a bit, with the heightened political uncertainty things may get worse before they get better...