MGA Mega Uranium... $0.860

RSC Strateco Res.... $0.890

STM Strathmore Mn.. $0.770*

TUE Titan Uranium... $0.235*

URC Uracan Res...... $0.300

UWE U308 Corp....... $0.550

==== ....................... =====

U.t... Uranium Partic. $6.620 - as a benchmark

*(larger holdings marked with an asterisk)

A few of these are legacy positions, acquired years ago.

Most were acquired recently, during the Q4 dip..

None have reached my target sell levels yet, since I am bullish on Uranium

from here, and am using U.t as a benchmark.

U.t / Uranium Participation Corporation (TSX) ... update

aaased.gif

== == ==

This thread has been languishing here, forgotten.

Following is a post originally made on DrBubb's Diary

Which companies?

I mentioned Laramide on a recent podcast.

Some of the others are here, on the Uranium thread:

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=8315

I also bought a few calls on U.t yesterday.

But will await more signs of a turn before adding more.

The uraniums just look late to the party, and should fall away in sympathy with this downleg. Or maybe buyers will 'rotate' in uranium?

We shall see. I like to buy stocks when they are cheap and out-of-favor.

There is a catalyst which may move those stocks, which is if the US embraces Nuclear power

in a major way. That seems likely within 2010 to me. Few are talking about it yet.

UNQUOTE

I had dinner this evening with a friend visiting HK for two days.

He's a senior guy in one of the larger Uranium exploration companies.

His view is that there is no supply crunch coming in the next two years. But sometime after that, in 3-5 years time, there is likely to be a big supply squeeze as utilities with new projects underway start competing with each other to lock-in long term supply.

If the squeeze comes earlier, he thinks it will be due to "security issues", as buyers in places like Japan or Korea decide that they do not want to be too dependent on countries like the US (which may impose export restrictions, or "higher risk countries" like Kazakhstan, or South Africa.

I had dinner this evening with a friend visiting HK for two days.

He's a senior guy in one of the larger Uranium exploration companies.

His view is that there is no supply crunch coming in the next two years. But sometime after that, in 3-5 years time, there is likely to be a big supply squeeze as utilities with new projects underway start competing with each other to lock-in long term supply.

If the squeeze comes earlier, he thinks it will be due to "security issues", as buyers in places like Japan or Korea decide that they do not want to be too dependent on countries like the US (which may impose export restrictions, or "higher risk countries" like Kazakhstan, or South Africa.

That's very interesting.

I do like the way this is looking.

Does anyone have data or news on Asian nuclear goals and aspiration with regard to nuclear power?

(Announcements of commitments to certain types of power or the like?)

That's very interesting.

I do like the way this is looking.

Does anyone have data or news on Asian nuclear goals and aspiration with regard to nuclear power?

(Announcements of commitments to certain types of power or the like?)

Guangdong nuclear is planning to increase its power generation, so that its need for Uranium fuel will increase 10-fold

to 20 million pounds per annum in 2020. China can only supply about 10% of that

Guangdong nuclear is planning to increase its power generation, so that its need for Uranium fuel will increase 10-fold

to 20 million pounds per annum in 2020. China can only supply about 10% of that

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTOE5BL03R20091222

China to launch 2-3 Westinghouse nuclear projects -media

Mon, Dec 21 2009

BEIJING, Dec 22 (Reuters) - China will start building another "two or three" third-generation Westinghouse nuclear reactors by the end of next year once they have been approved by the government, the China Daily newspaper said on Tuesday.

The newspaper, citing unnamed sources, said the AP1000 reactor projects would also be the first to be built in the country's interior provinces, with central China's Hubei, Hunan and Jiangxi likely candidates. All of China's existing reactors are located along the eastern coast.

China signed an agreement with Westinghouse Electric in 2006 to build four AP1000 reactors in the coastal provinces of Shandong and Zhejiang.

The U.S.-based company, owned by Toshiba Corp <6502.T>, won the projects after agreeing a technology transfer deal that would make the untested AP1000 technology the basis for China's own-brand third-generation reactor.

Two third-generation reactors, designed by France's Areva <CEPFI.PA>, are also being constructed in southeast China's Guangdong province. (Reporting by David Stanway; Editing by Chris Lewis)

© Thomson Reuters 2009. All rights reserved. Users may download and print extracts of content from this website for their own personal and non-commercial use only. Republication or redistribution of Thomson Reuters content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Thomson Reuters. Thomson Reuters and its logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Thomson Reuters group of companies around the world.

Thomson Reuters journalists are subject to an Editorial Handbook which requires fair presentation and disclosure of relevant interests.

U.t... Uranium Partic. $6.620 - as a benchmark

*(larger holdings marked with an asterisk)

Dr Bubb (anyone) are there any other types of funds like this?

Might be a dumb question, but do you know if can these be bought through a U.K or Canadian broker such as TDW or Cannacord? Have enough U picks myself now, but might consider a broader fund.

Might be a dumb question, but do you know if can these be bought through a U.K or Canadian broker such as TDW or Cannacord? Have enough U picks myself now, but might consider a broader fund.

I have been buying in-the-money calls on U.t.

I use Canaccord as my broker, I have no idea whether or not TDW can help you with these

== == ==

Rick Rule was interviewed on the latest KingWorld News

Rick Rule / Saturday, January 16, 2010

http://www.kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews..._Rick_Rule.html

Rick Rule is the founder and owner of Global Resource Investments LP, and affiliated entities, managing over $1 billion. Global is involved in securities brokerage investment management and corporate...

More than half way through, he talks about Uranium.

Comments:

+ We we early in buying several years ago, but the gains were so great it didnt matter

+ Prices became very silly and expensive in 2007 (?)

+ Most of the money raised was wasted

+ Now, behind the scenes, value is quietly being built

+ On a one year horizon, he thinks the stocks may fall in value, but he will be buying

+ He is very bullish on a 10 year horizon

+ In 3-5 years, these stocks may be much higher

+ Over the next year, he hopes Uranium stock prices will fall

I have been buying in-the-money calls on U.t.

I use Canaccord as my broker, I have no idea whether or not TDW can help you with these

== == ==

Rick Rule was interviewed on the latest KingWorld News

Rick Rule / Saturday, January 16, 2010

http://www.kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews..._Rick_Rule.html

Rick Rule is the founder and owner of Global Resource Investments LP, and affiliated entities, managing over $1 billion. Global is involved in securities brokerage investment management and corporate...

Comments:

+ We we early in buying several years ago, but the gains were so great it didnt matter

+ Now, behind the scenes, value is quietly being built

+ On a one year horizon, he thinks the stocks may fall in value, but he will be buying

+ He is very bullish on a 10 year horizon

+ In 3-5 years, these stocks may be much higher

+ Over the next year, he hopes Uranium stock prices will fall

w.r.t the juniors; he argues well that the 80/20 rule doesn't go far enough. That 20 is more like 4%!; i.e. that 4% of the management teams are the ones that statistically will be the most successful. Also, there are over 4000 management teams in the junior space ; so at some stage we should see this thinning out.

Anyone who's got this sector in their sights needs to understand/own likely acquisition targets.

MunsterK

You know my move to Australia is starting to suck...anyway.

Quoted from Dr Bubb's post with my (input) or (output)

Comments:

(Was this pertaining to Uranium. But indeed get in early and who cares.)

(This also.)

(Distributed to shareholders/ahem owners is a different way of putting this.)

(The present Uranium state ? nah, not yet.)

The rest of your comments and his - Yes. Now. Uranium.

+ Now, behind the scenes, value is quietly being built - (agree - you for one :) )

+ On a one year horizon, he thinks the stocks may fall in value, but he will be buying - (position yourselves)

+ He is very bullish on a 10 year horizon - (and i would be too)

+ In 3-5 years, these stocks may be much higher - (he's not selling yet in this time period though)

+ Over the next year, he hopes Uranium stock prices will fall - (watch them fall, buy throughout the year to get a nice average.)

Or at least that was my take.

apologies: edited for forgetfulness.

GCL is another ?

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchang...5FW330GBGBXSSX3

+ re Rick Rule - listened to his KWN and found it useful

Also found this which does a good job of explaining resource stock movements in the last couple of years - Rules view @ 2008!

http://www.gold-speculator.com/editors-pic...008-2010-a.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Syd 22:34 GMT July 21, 2010

Uranium industry set to take off: Reply

The head of WA's Mines department says the state's uranium industry is burgeoning.

The State Government lifted a moratorium on uranium mining in 2008 and five companies have been given the green light to mine the resource in Western Australia.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/0

7/21/2960245.htm?section=business

GVI Forex john 19:18 GMT July 21, 2010

• 2 weeks later...

Some of those "too early" U investments are back in profit.

I added to some at lower prices, and that helps

• 2 weeks later...

You may recall metioning ESO elsewhere, I bailed out of them when they announced a private placement, which has recently been completed. Do you still follow these, might they be worth another look at around 5c?

Would ask you on your ADVFN thread, but seems someone has hijacked it!

• 4 months later...

Time to wake this thread up!

Have you seen the price of uranium recently a nice uptick in the last couple of months and historically looks low so plenty of movement. S/D determinants look good too. I have been researching this area and it looks like another silver type market but with a more benevolent controller. Some major gains on popular stocks too. I have not picked my winners yet but my usual technique is buy many companies with smallish amounts and bank on the upside. I divide iniital investments into three amounts spending most on producers, next developers and the least on explorers. Also I consider and prefer stocks that have not made mid term highs and are going that direction.

I found it interesting reading back over this thread in that it details the high and lows of an effectively a bubble market; is this time different? I will use Dr Bubb to indicate when the bubble is about to burst based on what occured here

FYI

I brought URRE, CCJ, URG, URZ, UEC, USU in order of size of investment. I will be trying to buy IUQ, A9Y, UIS FUND, PUR, CXZ AND TU3 mainly on XETRA again in order of size. My trading facility only allows LSE, NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX and XETRA if I am lucky!

I will keep you posted.

FYI

I brought URRE, CCJ, URG, URZ, UEC, USU in order of size of investment. I will be trying to buy IUQ, A9Y, UIS FUND, PUR, CXZ AND TU3 mainly on XETRA again in order of size. My trading facility only allows LSE, NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX and XETRA if I am lucky!

I will keep you posted.

Cheers. I am holding:

-HATHOR EXPLORATION LTD.

-STRATHMORE MINERALS CORP.

-URANIUM ONE INC.

I might add more through Pinetree's crap shot approach. :)

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....st&p=195951

I can not buy the other shares with my trading account except Uranium One (XETRA:A9Y). Having looked at the Global X Uranium ETF (NYSE:URA) this seems the best option for those that are not interested in individual companies or lot of research. After doing all mine the majority of the good ones are in here. This is a recent ETF and along with the NYSE:LIT lithium equivalent seem sensible exposure to these markets.

I beg the question though are ETF's safe?

I can not buy the other shares with my trading account except Uranium One (XETRA:A9Y).

I have to admit that I bought Uranium One in Toronto, which is now causing headaches with a power of attourney that needs to go to the broker for tax reasons and whatever. Not to mention the higher fees. Next time I buy "at home".

Time to look again at Uranium? General commodity price increases, oil price increases, changes in public concerns for a nuclear energy requirement to meet greener needs?

My opinion is maybe what with many more in construction now might be a better time to get in. My caveats are global economic slowdown puts pressure on energy usage, investment both public and private dries up and subsidies are reduced.

Any thoughts?

Invested in an explorer called A-CAP Resources (ASX:ACB) 2 weeks ago. Its the only Uranium stock I've bought into. Really like this one. Spent days researching it :)

Why I like it:

- Current JORC resource is 158m lb.. The chairman said recently that this may double in the next resource update which will be announced "early 2011". This will have a big impact on the shareprice when announced..

- Low extraction costs. Unlike other Uranium mines ACAP's resource is sitting in the top 70 metres. In Sep the chairman announced costs will be lower than $30/lb.. This is much cheaper than other producers. Uranium will be mined in open pits. Using radiometric sorting and heap leach extraction the costs will be low.

- There are roads, train lines and power supply right beside the resource.

- ACAP has only explored 20% of its tenements.. 80% to go. This could turn out to be one of the top undeveloped uranium resources in the world. It's already in top 20.

- Not taking into account the next resource upgrade, ACAP's uranium is currently valued at 58c /lb (rough back of beer mat calc). Similar explorers are valued at $2/lb. Uranium producers are valued at $10/lb..

- The company operates in a mining friendly country - Botswana.

- Likely to apply for mining license mid 2011

- Likely to start producing in 2012/2013

Like I said previously, I really like this one. This has the potential to give a big return. You've been warned !!!