Sign in to follow this  
drbubb

Seeking the "El Dorado" Gold Mine in Columbia

Seeking the "El Dorado" Gold Mine in Columbia

Detective work needed on stock tip

Charts (Columbia explorers): http://www.advfn.com/cmn/fbb/thread.php3?id=26178866

===============================================

... This post was inspired by an advertisement on the web ...

(As I posted elsewhere - the Beating Buy & Hold thread):

Hey, I love the ROMANCE in the mining market as much as anyone.

Here's a great example:

La-Ruta-Hacia-El-Dorado.jpg

"Finding El Dorado's 'Lost City of Gold'":

/STORY telling : http://agorafinancial.com/reports/MSS/ed/MSS_eldorado_vp.php?code=WMSSM500

I might even buy some (at the right price) - But I do try to understand that stories like this are playing off our greed and desire to follow a good story - and especially those with a nice historical angle to it.

You need to keep your feet on the ground and balance risk and reward, while watching what the crowd is doing.

== == ==

NOTE: Columbia is not as risky as it was - a Better place for business now

"The violence has been exported to Mexico," was a common refrain we heard on last month's exploratory mission to Colombia.

Ironically, the improving security situation in the land of El Dorado has opened what may be one of the best ground-floor investment stories in the Western Hemisphere over the next several years… at the expense of communities much closer to Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California than most of the media seem willing to admit.

If you're interested in investing in El Dorado while the market is still beaten down, we urge you to consider Chris Mayer's argument presented here. Still today, we're inexplicably intrigued by ongoing street war closer to home.

/see: http://www.gold-speculator.com/5min-forecast/54262-front-shall-not-named.html

Stock Gumshoes, sniffed out one of Chris Mayer's previous picks...

Brigus Gold (BRD in both Toronto and NY) ... update

BRD.gif.jpg

“The golden opportunity of a generation,” per Mayer, (?) as interpreted by the machinations of the Mighty, Mighty Thinkolator must be …. Brigus Gold (BRD in both Toronto and NY)

Brigus is a company I know of only because one of my larger holdings, Sandstorm Gold, helped to finance the expansion of their Black Fox Mine (that’s the one near Timmins) by buying a 12% “gold stream” on the property.

And Brigus, though young, has been a disappointment for investors during this gold bull market — they were created by a merger between Linear Gold and Apollo Gold just last Summer, which I suppose was at least “quiet” enough that I never heard about it (not that I was listening), and they used to have a huge hedge position that meant the upside was somewhat limited for their Black Fox production. The Sandstorm financing deal was done largely to remove that broader hedge position and give them more exposure to rising gold prices. I don’t know why they haven’t gotten some of the “love” that’s granted to other explorers and miners, but it might just be that their properties don’t fall into the “spectacular” class, they’ve been small scale producers, and the projected production from their one existing mine is fairly limited so far (though Sandstorm’s bet is clearly that the mine will be expanded beyond the current plans).

Brigus does have the other properties teased by Mayer as well — they own the Goldfields property in far northern Saskatchewan which includes deposits they call Box and Athona, near Uranium City on the North Shore of Lake Athabasca. They say that a “production decision is pending” on these properties, which are their most advanced non-producing properties and have gone through at least some of the feasibility studies required — assuming they go through with it, they’ve been saying that production could start in Goldfields in 2013.

/more: http://stockgumshoe.com/2011/04/what-is-chris-mayers-new-golden-staircase-tiny-gold-mining-stock.html

Country could produce 3 million ounces in 2012

40 international companies exploring for gold

=============================================

* Colombia may see $5 bln in investments over 10 years

By Diana Delgado

BOGOTA, July 30 (Reuters) - Colombia's gold production grew 33 percent in the January-May period to 20 tonnes (643,000 troy ounces) versus the same period last year due to new projects coming online, the country's mining regulator said on Friday.

Miners in Colombia, South America's largest gold producer until 1937, have been encouraged to seek the yellow metal due to soaring prices -- currently at $1,170 an ounce.

"That (growth) was possible thanks to the increased number of projects that began producing in the provinces of Santander, Cauca and Antioquia," Mario Ballesteros, head of the Ingeominas regulator, said on the sidelines of a mining seminar.

Ballesteros -- who declined to mention the specific projects -- said that the Andean nation's output was 15 tonnes in the same period last year.

The resource-rich Latin American country has more than 40 international companies exploring for gold, according to the miners Association, Asomineros, a unit of the nation's industrialists group ANDI.

Gold miners have come back to Colombia since violence fell after President Alvaro Uribe sent troops to take back areas once under control of illegal armed groups.

/see: http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/07/30/colombia-gold-idUSN3013441220100730

New Columbian Gold mining stories keep popping up...

MRGPD / Mercer Gold Corp (OTC Bulletin Board Market) ... update

MRGPD.gif.jpg

== ==

AGORACOM - The Small Cap Epicenter reports on the day's best small cap and micro cap press releases before the opening bell.

Today's show features:

========

Metanor Resources Inc. - TSX-V:MTO $0.45

Hudson Resources Inc. TSX-V:HUD $1.64

Vista Gold Corp. TSX & NYSE Amex: VGZ $2.50

Mercer Gold Corporation OTCQB: MRGP; AN4 --Frankfurt $0.40

China Integrated Energy, Inc. Nasdaq:CBEH $7.47

/

COLOMBIA – RENEWING THE SEARCH FOR ELDORADO

• This report profiles six companies which are actively engaged in exploration and development work in Colombia:

Antioquia Gold Inc. (AGD.v) ... update

AGD.gif.jpg

Colombian Mines Corp. (CMJ.v) ... update

CMJ.gif.jpg

Galway Resources Ltd. (GWY.v) ... update

GWY.gif.jpg

Medoro Resources Ltd. (MRS.v) ... update

MRS.gif.jpg

Seafield Resources Ltd. (SFF.v) ... update

SFF.gif.jpg

Sunward Resources Ltd. (SWD.v) ... update

SWD.gif.jpg

/see REPORT: http://sffresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Colombia-Report.pdf

How about Horseshoe Mining? Dominic mentioned them during an interview with Brent Cook recently, I don't know much about them but think they are combining with another company called Cosigo. Looks like they could be a siting on an large unexplored deposit.

Here's their website - http://www.horseshoegold.ca/

How about Horseshoe Mining? Dominic mentioned them during an interview with Brent Cook recently, I don't know much about them but think they are combining with another company called Cosigo. Looks like they could be a siting on an large unexplored deposit.

The merger with Cosigo completed recently. The new company (Cosigo Resources) is listed on the TSX venture exchange under ticker symbol CSG and their new website can be found at:

http://www.cosigo.com/

Initial samples suggest this could be a very significant find. Take a look at their corporate presentation and you can see why a few folks are pretty excited about this one:

Cosigo Corporate Presentation

They have drills on the ground ready to go but I believe they are waiting on one final permit before they can commence.

Edit: Apparently "Gold can readily be panned in many areas."

http://cosigo.com/s/PhotoGallery.asp

Perhaps RH would be interested in doing a reconnaissance mission? :)

One of my holdings, Rio Novo Gold, just acquired a property in Columbia.

Symbol RN on the TSX. / RN-chart

www.rnovogold.com

Stock price is down right now.

Re: Cosigo / Horseshoe gold

Interestingly their geologist, the vastly experienced Mr Joe Montgomery thinks that this is potentially his richest find.

Dr Bubb I'm surprised you made no mention of Cosigo. Have you sold out? Or is that the game.

Yeah.

That's a good one too. I have a nice chunk of shares, and it is one of my largest positions.

Cosigo Resources Ltd (CSG.v) ... update

CSG.gif.jpg

TARAIRA GOLD BELT

Large belt of meta sedimentary ridges in Colombia and Brazil

Taraira Gold Belt geology is similar to that of the Witwatersrand belt in South Africa

Intensely deformed, extensive old beach deposits

Fine grained detrital gold in multiple strata

Coarse grained gold in veins and silicified strata

Witwatersrand has produced 40% of all gold mined to date

Taraira Gold Belt remains largely unexplored

Cosigo is the dominant player in the southern part of the gold belt

Cosigo controls more than 30,000 hectares, including tens of kilometers of Serrania strike-length

The website and marketing are being stepped up, I believe.

(But I don't think this is the "mystery company" in the original advert, above.)

BTW, I think management "blew it" with the way they handled the warrants. The company was VERY SLOW in getting the shares trading again, and the warrant exercise came up before the shares were trading again. Instead of extending the exercise date, they left it as it was. In effect, this forced people to buy far more shares than they wanted.

Is it any surprise that when the shares started trading again, there was a surplus of sellers?

Now it will take months to recover from the (ineviatble?) heavy selloff in the share price, down from $.60 to $.35. It will now need to fight its way through likely resistance at $0.50.

Such a financially naive action does not bode well IMHO. I hope it was just a "rookie mistake" and future financial acts will be more savvy.

I wouldn't touch any of these with a barge pole. Columbia still has massive problems with governance and rule of law - anyone who pretends otherwise is trying to sell you something.

Junior miners and explorers are risky enough already without the insane volatility of South American politics. Columbia is only ever one step away from Chavez style despotism and, by extension, economic ruin. No place to do business at any time, let alone when the world is grinding through a financial crisis.

The mining sector already has a huge risk reward dynamic. Why put your money into something which adds even more on the risk side?

Columbia is only ever one step away from Chavez style despotism and, by extension, economic ruin. No place to do business at any time, let alone when the world is grinding through a financial crisis.

And you base this on your sound knowledge and regular contact with Colombia or somethings you have read in the media?

Colombia is not one step from Chavez style despotism and if anything is the antithesis of venezula. They have the longest running democracy in South America and have routed the scourge of corruption in the past decade. They have a very stable and strong economy that probably can whether the financial crisis better than most other places and are a net exporter of food and manufactured goods to oil-rich venezula.

Venezuala a basket case -definately. Colombia? Definately not!

Mining companies in the past had a hard time with operations in Colombia and many stayed away. Just remember those Americans who were captured by the FARC about 8-9 years ago and rescued a few years ago. But things have changed and I am sure there will be some good opportunities - just do your due diligence.

And you base this on your sound knowledge and regular contact with Colombia or somethings you have read in the media?

Colombia is not one step from Chavez style despotism and if anything is the antithesis of venezula. They have the longest running democracy in South America and have routed the scourge of corruption in the past decade. They have a very stable and strong economy that probably can whether the financial crisis better than most other places and are a net exporter of food and manufactured goods to oil-rich venezula.

Venezuala a basket case -definately. Colombia? Definately not!

Mining companies in the past had a hard time with operations in Colombia and many stayed away. Just remember those Americans who were captured by the FARC about 8-9 years ago and rescued a few years ago. But things have changed and I am sure there will be some good opportunities - just do your due diligence.

Just offering my informed opinion - and it doesn't come from the media. Take it or leave it.

Yeah.

That's a good one too. I have a nice chunk of shares, and it is one of my largest positions.

Cosigo Resources Ltd (CSG.v) ... update

CSG.gif.jpg

BTW, I think management "blew it" with the way they handled the warrants. The company was VERY SLOW in getting the shares trading again, and the warrant exercise came up before the shares were trading again. Instead of extending the exercise date, they left it as it was. In effect, this forced people to buy far more shares than they wanted.

Is it any surprise that when the shares started trading again, there was a surplus of sellers?

Now it will take months to recover from the (ineviatble?) heavy selloff in the share price, down from $.60 to $.35. It will now need to fight its way through likely resistance at $0.50.

Such a financially naive action does not bode well IMHO. I hope it was just a "rookie mistake" and future financial acts will be more savvy.

Yes I was disappointed in how long it took to get this one trading again too and we have certainly been taken out to the woodshed on relisting. Down to 29 cents as I type. I know Bob Hoye also has a big position in this one and appears to be instrumental in some of the actions of the company. Seems odd that an "old pro" should make a "rookie mistake" regarding the exercise date of the warrants.

I was of the understanding that it was the exchange causing the delay and not the company?

Anyway it's happened now so we have to deal with where we are. The underlying prospects have not changed and while it will take sometime to repair the damage to the share price I am tempted to buy some more here.

I was of the understanding that it was the exchange causing the delay and not the company?

Anyway it's happened now so we have to deal with where we are. The underlying prospects have not changed and while it will take sometime to repair the damage to the share price I am tempted to buy some more here.

People always say that.

It means the exchange asked for more than the company was prepared to give.

And there will be two sides to that story

Colombia Crest Gold Corp

Looks like a nice opportunity with a good experienced management.

Any expert views would be kindly appreciated.

Thanks

Interesting charts.

Here's a comparison : http://www.advfn.com/cmn/fbb/thread.php3?id=26178866

Colombia Crest Gold Corp

Looks like a nice opportunity with a good experienced management.

Any expert views would be kindly appreciated.

Thanks

Interesting chart. Could make a low here : CLB.v-chart

Here's a comparison : http://www.advfn.com/cmn/fbb/thread.php3?id=26178866

Cosigo: they don't exactly have a lot of cash ($4M), so I guess there's some risk of further dilution here. But the area they're in looks very promising. What's Frizzer's latest on them?

Cosigo: they don't exactly have a lot of cash ($4M), so I guess there's some risk of further dilution here. But the area they're in looks very promising. What's Frizzer's latest on them?

pp

They recently closed a PP at .50 with Colombian and Brazilian investors

Quite telling: the major European brokerage I am using to buy Cosigo does not even have them in their system yet. I had to go through a lot of trouble, and now it will still take 2-3 days before I'll be able to buy. This stock is not exactly on people's radar. :)