drbubb

Whew! It's over now. (Kate & Will's Big Adventure)

... every Forum (with a UK readership) has to have at least one thread on this subject ...

Royal wedding: Guest list offers a glimpse of the court of King William

Prince William and Kate Middleton’s official wedding guest list offers a fascinating glimpse into the court of the future king and queen.

/source : http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/royal-wedding/8470755/Royal-wedding-Guest-list-offers-a-glimpse-of-the-court-of-King-William.html

The Queen will be there in a place of honor, apparently

...but not only her.

While Prince William, 28, acknowledges the importance of tradition and has invited many of the dignitaries that you would expect at such a ceremony, he has demonstrated that he is as comfortable with the modern world of celebrities, as was his mother, Diana, Princess of Wales.

Her friend, Sir Elton John, will be at Westminster Abbey with his civil partner, David Furnish, but the Prince has invited several famous figures with whom he has become good friends himself.

== == ==

Is being another party of the CELEBRITY WORLD... the real future of the British Monarchy ?

COMPLAINT! -- Dear Bubb, many innocents will be hurt by the lack of a health warning attached to the thread's title.

Beware the Tapeworm Mating Ritual..... & its costs dumped on the UK peasantry.

Revolt - Crush the imposed monarchy.

Oh sorry, I forgot I no longer live there

COMPLAINT! -- Dear Bubb, many innocents will be hurt by the lack of a health warning attached to the thread's title.

Beware the Tapeworm Mating Ritual..... & its costs dumped on the UK peasantry.

Revolt - Crush the imposed monarchy.

+60 million!

Oh sorry, I forgot I no longer live there

Lucky you :D

We're not much for royalty down here but my small family is looking forward to it.

Hope that there isn't too much in the way of distractions by protestors or terrorists and Kate's big

day goes down in history for all the right reasons. Can't stand people who upstage couples at their

own wedding.

We're not much for royalty down here but my small family is looking forward to it.

Hope that there isn't too much in the way of distractions by protestors or terrorists and Kate's big

day goes down in history for all the right reasons. Can't stand people who upstage couples at their

own wedding.

Muslim protests planned and counter EDL protests.

I shall be doing some gardening...

I am stuck in Switzerland with a broken car.

Couldn't have timed it better :-)

I am stuck in Switzerland with a broken car.

Couldn't have timed it better :-)

Damn. The car got fixed, and so I can now drive back to Britain :-(

They will stop you at the border, and FORCE you to watch it

A nice detour through France taking in some food and wine should be sufficient to miss the big day.

Incidentaly my mate says that Friday is not a bank holiday as such and so employers don't have to stump up for the days pay.

I wonder is this true and do people know their pay packets will be a bit light?

I shall not be watching.

Enjoy the drive.

May I swear? (it was a near capital offence at home)

OFFS!!

The Special Edition Royal Wedding Phone is a timeless keepsake of Prince William and Kate Middleton’s special day. Only available at Best Buy and The Carphone Warehouse, this commemorative mobile phone is a true collector’s item for you to treasure.

Commemorative phone including a screen saver of the happy couple

Calculator and organiser, FM radio, alarm clock and torch

‘God Save The Queen’ ringtone

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/mobile-phones/ROYAL-WEDDING-PHONE?portal=BUYAT&promo=hotukdeals

Three vomit inducing tv programmes this evening.....TV off - Swiss Jazz radio - on.

A must-have item.

‘God Save The Queen’ ringtone

Does a picture of Elton John pop up when the ringtone comes on?

Another essential item that I saw is the Royal Wedding sickbag.

It comes in "his" and "hers" versions:

RoyalSickBag.jpg

(whomever came up with this idea knows his market.)

You should carry one when you visit friends who own the phone.

Ordinarily I could not care less about the royals. I am neither pro- nor anti-monarchy.

But since reading this, I would like to acknowledge some positive sentiment to them, particularly the newly-weds-to-be.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1380969/Royal-wedding-2011-Tony-Blair-Gordon-Brown-invited.html

The article is, of course, utter drivel. But it's worth reading because then the comments have context. And they're quite a hoot, for the most part. Enjoy.

Elton John: best looking man so far.

Victoria Beckham: best looking woman.

She looked gaunt,ill and false to me.

Never seen Elton,erm but i'll take your word for it :blink:

Royal S-bags ready?

My partner nudged me.

She wanted to watch it.

Lots of red and white - Looks a bit like Chinese New Year.

Still, England does these pageants well.

Per the commentary:

You have to wonder, how can social-climber Philippa possibly match her quieter sister?

== == =

welsh_gold.jpg

Kate's wedding ring "is made from Welsh Gold" -

what a bonanza of advertising for Roland Phelps !

Will this help move the Galantas Gold stock price? (same CEO)

Ordinarily I could not care less about the royals. I am neither pro- nor anti-monarchy.

But since reading this, I would like to acknowledge some positive sentiment to them, particularly the newly-weds-to-be.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1380969/Royal-wedding-2011-Tony-Blair-Gordon-Brown-invited.html

The article is, of course, utter drivel. But it's worth reading because then the comments have context. And they're quite a hoot, for the most part. Enjoy.

article-1380969-0B3C19C1000005DC-618_468x286.jpg

Who is that man on the left? He looks rather unhappy

My partner nudged me.

She wanted to watch it.

She just told me about THE TIME she "cracked a joke with the Queen".

EXCLUSIVE STORY LATER ... if anyone is interested.

Is being another party of the CELEBRITY WORLD... the real future of the British Monarchy ?

Or is it more than that ??

I think it looked false and ridiculous, unreal even. I dont remember thinking that when Diana and Charles married. Must be getting older...or the TV quality/colour too good. Her dress was beautiful, from the back. Shame about the bust. My, how William has balded! They look so ordinary, like children playacting another Uni party fancydress.

Still, wish them the best. I think they'll be good 'in office'. Better than Charles and whatever her name is... (genuinely don't know). Prince Philip looked good for 89. Queen as normal. Guests all looked a bit half arsed. Terrible hats. Public looked scruffy and pissed. Nothing new there. Best bit was Westminister Abbey and seeing a bit of London, the Mall etc

She looked gaunt,ill and false to me.

Or somewhat pregnant! As for Becks was he doing the timewarp again.

Don't really care for the wedding either way, but good few weekends for the souvenir flag industry, and one assumes the catering sector will have made a killing out of it, so not all doom and gloom. Find it interesting that this event has brought out many times the people than the recent student and TUC protests. Not sure if there's a connection to be honest, but maybe the mood of the nation isn't quite so politicised and angry as some would have us believe? I can't believe the crowds out today were all tourists and fervent monarchists. I find myself slightly conflicted in that I don't really care for the monarchy, but at the same time do enjoy seeing Britain doing the whole pageantry thing. Only so much doom and gloom you can take.