drbubb

Whew! It's over now. (Kate & Will's Big Adventure)

Yeah.

But if the UK IS BROKE, can they afford the Monarchy?

Or does it "pull its weight" in some mysterious way - as a tourist attraction perhaps?

Queen%2520Elizabeth%2520II+done.jpg

The monarchy as a tourist attraction almost certainly net profitable, the queen comes cheaper than many presidents

The queen, is I think something more interesting than yet another career politician. Think President Brown or Blair the argument is made.

On the other hand permanence is power and that power is held by a high born toff who is perhaps unlikely to understand or push in the interest of the common man.

She does I have heard care that the nations soldiers and ex soldiers are treated properly. It is probably a good thing they send their family members to our wars even though they are usually well away from the real fight.

The monarchy as a tourist attraction almost certainly net profitable, the queen comes cheaper than many presidents

The queen, is I think something more interesting than yet another career politician. Think President Brown or Blair the argument is made.

On the other hand permanence is power and that power is held by a high born toff who is perhaps unlikely to understand or push in the interest of the common man.

She does I have heard care that the nations soldiers and ex soldiers are treated properly. It is probably a good thing they send their family members to our wars even though they are usually well away from the real fight.

Surely, you have to add the cost of Her Madge (& family) to the cost of the PM.

And then calculate on a per capita basis. I don't think it comes cheaper, unless you compare it with Jackie's dresses - which were paid for by JFK anyway.

...and now for some really important news, for those who want a suitable trophy:

_PrincessBeatriceRoyalWeddingHat_1304478568.jpg

Princess Beatrice To Auction Royal Wedding Hat For Charity

Access Hollywood - ‎1 hour ago‎

If you've found yourself lying awake at night wondering how to get your pretty little paws on Princess Beatrice's outrageous Royal Wedding headpiece, take a deep breath and prepare

/more: http://www.accesshollywood.com/princess-beatrice-to-auction-headline-grabbing-royal-wedding-hat-for-charity_article_47872

Pity.

If she was feally good-looking she could have got by without such a carbunckle