drbubb

The GEI "Health Offensive" / doing well, staying well

The GEI "Health Offensive" / doing well, staying well

Find those valuable podcasts, videos & articles

======================================================

kim_profile-e1277421714222.jpg : http://ItsRainMakingTime.com/

= = Kim Greenhouse = =

Does a great job of finding guests with something interesting and useful to say. I particularly liked her intervoew with DR. MICHAEL COLGAN, a Biochemist and physiologist nutritionist, who sees past the medical and health conventions in Western country.

His health secret is eating healthy foods, exercising, and avoiding putting popular "medicines" into your system - they can make relieve pain, but may make things worse by undermining your natural immune system.

In this podcasts, he discusses many things, but INFLAMATION PAIN is a real problem for most people, including the athletes that are Dr Colgan's clients.

He is against regular use of NSAIDS*: which are commonly prescibed by Doctors, but these drugs damage healthy tissue, especially when used repeatedly over long periods.

THIS IS A GREAT EXAMPLE of a useful podcast - Let's find more (and videos & articles on health issues too) and SHARE them here !

== == ==

dr-michael-colgan.jpg

Dr. Michael Colgan - interviewed by Kim Greenhouse, of It's Rainmaking Time

MP3:

Dr. Michael Colgan, the world-renowned founder of The Colgan Institute, discusses his work in nutritional science, anti-aging, and hormonal health.

/more on Dr.Colgan and this interview: http://itsrainmaking.../michaelcolgan/

*NSAIDS:

The one in widest general use is Ibuprofen, which is available over the counter in many countries. There are a large number of other NSAIDs, most of which have to be obtained on prescription in the UK. Those most used in UK, after Ibuprofen, are Naproxen and Diclofenac. (I often use one of these to control my gout, but am beginning to notice the side-effects described by Colgan.)

Here's another...

... do you use Aspertame, or Candelara... or drink diet coke or diet pepsi ?

guestbmartini2.jpg

Dr. Betty Martini - interviewed by Mel Fabregas, of the Veritas Show

MP3: (Click on link below to get the podcast)

S y n o p s i s

You are paying to kill yourself, and the Government knows it!: The Truth About Aspartame, MSG, and Ecxitotoxins

For a long time, I have been searching for the right person to discuss the dangerous poisons omnipresent in our food that not only make you sick, but can kill you. Dr. Betty Martini discussed the dangers of artificial sweeteners (Nutra Sweet, Splenda, etc.), MSG (monosodium glutamate), and other excitotoxins. More than 90% of all FDA complaints are attributed to Aspartame, yet the very same government agency that is supposed to protect us is allowing these poisons in our food supply.

/more: http://www.veritasshow.com/guests/2010/10oct/VS-101015-bmartini.php

Where do you get the time? You are like two DrBubbs in one.

Listened to Lynn yesterday and now listening to Betty today (more relevant as I am still trying to detox artificial

sweetners out of my body - they are suppost to remain in the body forever!)

First few minutes after all the Veritas introduction:

There is a clear corolation btwn the artifical sweeteners and parkinsons, MS, graves disease and other nasties.

One ingredient, many names! Aspertame, aminosweet, neutrasweet, Equal, neutrataste, candarel (in England),

benezea, E951 (e number in Europe) to name a few. Hidden in "natural" flavours.

Bad - artifical sweeteners with a multitude of different names within our foods some of which aren't even labled.

Worse - regular soda/foods with obvious labeling showing the product contains aspartame

WORSE STILL - DIET sodas. There is an added ingrediant here that is gonna cause even worse damage to your mind/body.

If you can't do anything else switch to regular soda. I know how addictive they are because I've lived it.

The methanol that is used to sweeten aspertame is the most damaging feature. Ingrediants in aspertame:

Aspartic acid, 40% - an excitotoxin that stimulates neurons to death causing brain damage

Phenoalanine 50%(abbreviated to PKU, warnings are given about this for people who can't metabolise PKU but the reality is

nobody can)- is neurotoxic, depletes seratonin which causes a multitude of psychiatric problems, study cited that

shows it causes damage to DNA, can cause miscarridge/alter fertility, breaks down into a brain tumor causing agent etc

Mel shares his experience as a 22 year old, must have a good doctor as she actually investigated his diet.

Found out that the combination of MSG and nutrasweet is particularly damaging. (He had found a new takeaway place and was

consuming around a gallon of diet soda a day)His doctor told him to stop immediately and the symptoms went away :)

Another study cited about how MSG and asperatame interact.

Bettys website: mpwhi.com for more information.

"if you wanna get fat, nutra***et is where it's at!" - it increasing cravings of carbohydrates (not to mention

the weight you gain just drinking soda)

Freaky foods:

Metamusil contains aspertame! Betty talks about how a consumer of this product ended up in the hospital in

a coma.

Gum (aparently it is close to impossible to get gum without aspertame anymore) goes through saliva straight to the brain. An example from NZ is Abby Cormack, actress.

MARS BARS: aspartame is, ahem, "listed" under natural flavours. Mentioned by Betty in the interview. She

points out that the chemical hypersensitivity to aspartame is such that once you are on it you can be hypersensitive to it FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

Freaky facts:

People who have lost their vision can regain their sight! People have already recovered from things such as

ALS, and other serious diseases even got up and walked after being confined to a wheelchair simply by detoxing

from aspartame. The trick is to get it in time - you can do it.

Stop aspartame (be very careful as so many foods have it) for sixty days and see the difference. 60 days

must be some kind of marker to get it out of your system.

Betty tells the story of overhearing a woman in the supermarket saying she had been trying for a child for 10 years so they were going to adopt. She had a case of diet soda in her trolley which betty put back while telling her about how aspertame would damage fertility. Eventually the woman told her doctor about the audacity of this pushy lady but her doctor suggested that it wouldn't hurt to try. She got pregnant, and the doctor advised other patients to not use aspertame (he happened to be in a fertility clinic) which resulted in lots of babies. LOL! Betty says that consuming even a small amount of aspertame during pregnancy can result in miscarridge or birth defect and is extremely dangerous for your child.

Use magnesium to protect your heart and mind from the excitotoxins if you can't stop right away.

Dr. Leonard Coldwell

Dr. Leonard Coldwell is considered as one of the leading authorities of self-help education for cancer patients and is called by many authorities the world leading expert on cancer. Dr. Leonard Coldwell is one of the most endorsed holistic and alternative doctors in the world. His cure rate for so-called incurable diseases in Europe is legendary. After sixteen years as a General Practitioner in Europe, Dr. Coldwell left general practice to concentrate on his applied research in stress and stress related diseases, with particular emphasis on cancer and other “incurable” diseases.

While in Europe, Dr. Coldwell was the author of eight best selling books, countless articles, and hundreds of self-help audio programs. He remains a syndicated columnist with more than seven million readers and continues to author one of the most successful and widely distributed self-help newsletters in Europe. Over two million people have attended his life enhancing seminars. An independent statistical institute estimated that Dr. Coldwell worked with over 35,000 patients. [source].

Aspartame Articles written by Dr. Leonard Coldwell www.drleonardcoldwell.com

Dr Leonard Coldwell's Detox Formula discusses a detoxification program recommended for users of aspartame and other illnesses.

i wd suggest that if the average person did this routine two or three times a week they would be in much better shape and posture:

press ups/ dumbell bench presses

incline presses

squats/ lunges

deadlift

pull ups

thats pretty much all you would need as a basic routine you could add dumbell bicep curls or shrugs or barbell bent over rows as well. you can check out the videos on bodybuilding.com to show how to do these exercises

Great summary, ZeroTime !

And thanks for the info on Dr. Coldwell (is that really his name? Once Cold, now well)

Dr. Leonard Coldwell is considered as one of the leading authorities...

Dr Leonard Coldwell's Detox Formula discusses a detoxification program recommended for users of aspartame and other illnesses.

I am really coming around to that idea that maybe 70-80% of our diseases are associated with a poor diet and a lack of exercise.

But it is not easy to get good food, and the potential toxins, like aspertame/nutrasweet are routinely hidden in our food.

At some point in Mel's interview with Dr. Martini (perhaps it was in part 2- only available to members), they spoke about the possibility that the use of these toxins was approved IN ORDER TO REDUCE THE POPULATION. Perhaps it is true. Donald Rumsfeld is not a caring creature, and he was behind the push to get this additive approved, and Reagan backed him. Ironically, Reagan's loss of memory may have been associated with the toxic products that were approved during his administration. Was Rumsfeld putting aspertame in his jelly beans?

BTW, I wasn't a big drinker of soft drinks, but I stopped entirely about a year ago when I saw a demonstration of how many cups of alkaline water it took to neutral the acid in one cup of seven up - the answer was 17 !

At some point in Mel's interview with Dr. Martini (perhaps it was in part 2- only available to members), they spoke about the possibility that the use of these toxins was approved IN ORDER TO REDUCE THE POPULATION. Perhaps it is true.

I think so. Also the use of halides in drinking water - it's not safe people!! Dr Pete Peterson speculated in an interview that perhaps the reason these were added was to reduce the aging population as they would die of heart attacks. This makes a lot of sense to me and now I always use filtered water. Halides have been showen to harden plaque in artieries and most people don't even know it which is sad as it seems they would stop drinking this stuff if only the poison were instant. A few decades delay and they don't seem to care, one more group out of the gene pool.

Re food, I just read about this town who have voted to declare food sovereignty. For those who don't know it yet in the USA there have been moves afoot to attempt to stop organic farming, raw milk sales and other stuff in fact sometimes farmers/healthfood stores have been subjected to armed raids for selling this type of produce. A law has even been proposed that will stop citizens of the USA growing their own food as to do so will be a crime. Congrats to the small town of Sedgwick, Maine for ascerting itself.

In addition to simply declaring food sovereignty, the ordinance also declares it a crime for state and federal authorities to violate ordinance provisions in any way. The law specifically states that "t shall be unlawful for any law or regulation adopted by the state or federal government to interfere with the rights recognized by this Ordinance." This includes, of course, any attempt to enforce the unconstitutional provisions of the S 510 the HR 2751 food tyranny bills that were recently passed

It is the way things used to be done before Americans sacrificed their freedoms to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and other federal agencies that now tell the public what they can and cannot eat.

In December, the state of Vermont drafted its own food sovereignty bill (http://www.naturalnews.com/030827_food_sovereignty_Vermont.html'>http://www.naturalnews.com/030827_food_sovereignty_Vermont.html), and several others are considering similar bills as well.

To learn more about how to promote food sovereignty in your town, city, county, or state, visit the Tenth Amendment Center at: http://www.naturalnews.com/030827_food_sovereignty_Vermont.html

A law has even been proposed that will stop citizens of the USA growing their own food as to do so will be a crime.

Congrats to the small town of Sedgwick, Maine for ascerting itself.

Talk of laws like that is the sort of nonsense that is keeping me from seriously considering a move back to the USA.

Maybe I should wait for it to split into 5 pieces (as Edgar Cayce predicted), and then chose a part that speaks some sense - if they will have me. (?!)

“Confessions of an Rx Drug Pusher”

MP3 : http://public.manticore.com/VS-110916-golsen-c2d.mp3

guestgolsen.jpg

S y n o p s i s

Gwen Olsen never intended to become a whistleblower. For 15 years she peddled drugs door-to-door and made plenty of money doing it. Her role as a sales rep for “big pharma” meant she was highly-trained. No, not medically—she had the scripts down cold. Scripts – as in acting. She could counter physician concerns, misinform and persuade with the best of them. So deep was her spending account, she never met its limit.

But then things began to change. She was now taking an anti-depressant and contending with one of the serious side effects she’d down-played for so long – manic psychosis. It nearly cost her her life. Then, as if her Faustian bargain hadn’t been harrowing enough, Olsen watched a protracted prescription drug-related scenario lead to the death of her medical student niece.

“I’m not anti-drugs, I’m anti-misinformation,” Olsen says in this interview. “People have the right to know what they are putting into their bodies and what these prescriptions are doing to our children.”

The prescription drug industry in this country is about nothing but profit, Olsen proclaims, bringing an insider’s perspective to a growing whiff of rot in the land of “first do no harm.”

“We have to rein in these pharmaceutical companies. Profiteers are pushing anti-psychotics on our children.” She illuminates big pharma’s agenda; and they don’t want us well.

Olsen is now a writer and lecturer. “Confessions of an Rx Drug Pusher” is in print and she’s working on her next book: “Duped, Doped and Dying in America.”

For more information and resources, check out www.Gwenolsen.com.

Thanks for the links. There are often very good interviews on OneRadioNetwork.com. I recently listened to an interview with Dr Thomas E Levy, a cardiologist who is associated with Dr Hal Huggins (the dentist who challenged the ADA about mercury in fillings and they tried to destroy him).

Dr Levy has done a lot of research on vitamin C and endorses a product that encapsulates the vitamin C in fat so that more of it can be absorbed by the body. He is convinced that large doses of vitamin C are the single best thing we can do to eliminate illness and improve our health.

Here is a link to his interview:

Dr Levy Interview

OneRadioNetwork is on iTunes and there are loads of good interviews there. Bob Dowling is a good one to listen to about cancer, particularly curing breast cancer. He practises in Ecuador now and seems to be having great success with cancer eradication. Here are some interview links: Bob Dowling, incl cancer and oral pathology

Another interesting guy is Andreas Moritz, a german fella who lives in the states now. He is an advocate of the liver and gallbladder cleanse. This page has links to a number of interviews with him over the past few years:

Andreas Moritz inteviews on OneRadioNetwork.com

Interestingly, Kim Greenhouse recently interviewed Dr Hal Huggins. Here is a link to that interview:

Hal Huggins on Rainmaking Time

... He practises in Ecuador now and seems to be having great success with cancer eradication.

Good Doctors are leaving the USA because they do not want to practice under the harsh and unhealthy regime in the US.

which is really design to maximise the earnings of the doctors and Big Pharma at the expense of patients' health.

I wrote a bit about this on Financial Sense:

Some will object to my comments, and say that lives are being prolonged by improved healthcare, and that advanced healthcare is inherently more expensive, as technology improves. Indeed, we have seen healthcare costs creep up as a share of GDP across the world, although to lower levels than in the US. The statistics show an improvement in the expected lifespan of individuals in the entire world, where the current world average life expectancy is 67.2 years, according to Wikipedia. In the US, the expected lifespan at birth has gone up from 68.2 years in 1950, to 73.7 years in 1980, and up to 78.3 years in 2010. That's a meaningful improvement, but if you look more deeply you will see that nearly all of that improvement is due to a reduction in mortality amongst infants and young children. More people make it 10, 20 or 30 years than they did in 1900, 1950 or 1980. But life expectancy beyond the age of 50 has improved very little*. In fact, we are more prone to fall prey to certain "modern" diseases, (such as cancer, diabetes, and HIV-AIDS.) The rise of these diseases have come with changes in our diet, lifestyle, and living arrangements. If expensive healthcare were rationed, as it is being done in other countries, people would need to take on more responsibility for their own wellness, and not expect the medical care system to bail them out from poor dietary and lifestyle choices.

You might expect that longevity would decline in hard times, but that has not been the case:

"The relationship between economic circumstance and life expectancy is not clear-cut, however. A study by José A. Tapia Granados and Ana Diez Roux at the University of Michigan found that life expectancy actually increased during the Great Depression, and during recessions and depressions in general. The authors suggest that when people are working extra hard during good economic times, they undergo more stress, exposure to pollution, and likelihood of injury among other longevity-limiting factors." (source)

Also, even with our advanced medical technology, and supposed top notch healthcare, the US is nowhere near the top in Life Expectancy at birth. According to the UN, that honor belongs to Japan at 82.6 years. Hong Kong is second (82.2 years), and Iceland is third (81.8 years.) In the UN data, the US comes in at number 36 (78.3 years.) And that's below the US Virgin Islands (#20, at 79.3 years), and Puerto Rico (#31. at 78.7 years.) Apparently, although Americans pay the most per capita for their healthcare, they are getting a much lesser result than countries that spend less.

The whole notion of healthcare needs to be changed in the US. The industry now gets paid when people fall ill and require treatment. This often means prescribing expensive branded drugs, because physicians have been "educated" about their benefits, rather than cheaper generic drugs, or herbal medicines which are little mentioned in medical education. There is little emphasis on prevention of disease. Americans eat a poor diet, get little exercise, and expect their doctors to prescribe a handful of pills when they are unwell. This is an expensive, wasteful and unsustainable health regime...

/source: http://www.financialsense.com/contributors/dr-bubb/2011/08/31/america-has-huge-holes-in-its-pockets-part-2

And this part of my article was posted on the KunstlerCast forum, which picked up some interesting posts

American Healthcare: Expensive for Dumbed down and brainwashed people

/ http://kunstlercast.com/forum/index.php?topic=4975.0

Very interesting and thought-provoking. Thanks for linking.

You might expect that longevity would decline in hard times, but that has not been the case:[/i]

"The relationship between economic circumstance and life expectancy is not clear-cut, however. A study by José A. Tapia Granados and Ana Diez Roux at the University of Michigan found that life expectancy actually increased during the Great Depression, and during recessions and depressions in general. The authors suggest that when people are working extra hard during good economic times, they undergo more stress, exposure to pollution, and likelihood of injury among other longevity-limiting factors." (source)

I don't know that I would link good times to shorter life spans. However, bad times tend to impact the amount and variety of food on offer. Time and again I read that calorie restriction, whether by rationing or some other external force, or by systematic under-eating, is associated with increased longevity.

I am a medic, so if you want any advice please feel free to ask for advice.

On two of the issues raised above, aspartame is a load of ****, I would recommend avoiding it whenever possible. Having said I would advise the avoidance of all fizzy drinks if you want to have a healthy lifestyle.

On NSAIDS, there are times when they are of use, however, they do have significant side effects such as gastric bleeds and renal failure. However, if you are taking them I would consult with your doctor as to why, and not stop them immediately, as there may be a valid reason for you being on them, and stopping them may cause more harm than good. However, there are often other options for pain relief.

I am a medic, so if you want any advice please feel free to ask for advice.

Wow. Is you name meant to be Ironic?

You have been a good poster here, so I am curious how you came up with your monicker?

On two of the issues raised above, aspartame is a load of ****, I would recommend avoiding it whenever possible. Having said I would advise the avoidance of all fizzy drinks if you want to have a healthy lifestyle.

On NSAIDS, there are times when they are of use, however, they do have significant side effects such as gastric bleeds and renal failure. However, if you are taking them I would consult with your doctor as to why, and not stop them immediately, as there may be a valid reason for you being on them, and stopping them may cause more harm than good. However, there are often other options for pain relief.

Before I listened to Betty's interview I had attended a demonstration about the benefits of an Alkaliniser machine. They took a cup of Sprite and showed it was acidic. Then they asked us to guess how may cups of alkaline water would be needed to neutralise the acid and bring it back to neutral ph.

The demonstration astounded me : 18 cups!

Size I saw that demonstration, I have not had even one more fizzy drink.

What do you think of Colchicine?

I am suffering a mild gout attack at the moment, and taking 2x pills a day/

What America really needs to do, is ban pharmaceutical advertising to patients.

I agree.

And many Big Pharma reps belong in prison next to Banksters.

I don't believe in capital punishment, but some of these stories make may angry enough to think it should be an option. Like Bank-related lobbying, Big pharma lobbying should be banned.

In fact, I think that NO US CORPORATION should be allowed to give political campaign contributions or other favors to politicians.

Death to the CORP-TOPCRACY which rules the US !

I have long been of the opinion that nearly all carbohydrates in your diet are plain poison and slowly killing the health western world. The evidence of low carb diets is irrefutible, yet the food industry is based on processing cheap carb foods for maximizing profit, and so while this is still the case then the health of the world will continue to deteriorate. The world will be having this conversation in 20 years and 50 years' time, and we will all be exercising more yet still getting fatter because we are eating the wrong things.

Of all the carbohydrates, Fructose is the most evil of all.

This is well worth watching:

Sugar: The Bitter Truth

Richard Nixon's mass food production policies may make him the largest mass-murderer in history.

I have long been of the opinion that nearly all carbohydrates in your diet are plain poison and slowly killing the health western world. The evidence of low carb diets is irrefutible, yet the food industry is based on processing cheap carb foods for maximizing profit, and so while this is still the case then the health of the world will continue to deteriorate. The world will be having this conversation in 20 years and 50 years' time, and we will all be exercising more yet still getting fatter because we are eating the wrong things.

Richard Nixon's mass food production policies may make him the largest mass-murderer in history.

I don't know about that, most of my family lived(lives) well past 85 with no debilitating diseases.

Bread is staple of our (french) diet and as a consequence it's not low carb.

One big difference with the US (and UK to a slightly lower extent) is that the calorie intake is much lower. Diet is more fresh and varied including even some offal (and yes, snails, yum!)

Sweets are also consumed significantly less often as a treat every 2-3 days at most.

In fact, my relatives who maintain(ed) low body fat live(d) longer and healthier. The few who didn't were subject to various conditions (strokes, diabetes, for instance).

My point is really that things are not so straightforward, but it seems that, indeed, food mass production is bad across the board.

Perhaps he was an Illuminati stooge, controlled by Kissinger, who knew exactly what he was doing.

Hank the K may have wanted to see a reduction in world population, "thinning the herd"

===== SIDEBAR : The Georgia Guidestones =====

gg3.gif

The origin of that strange monument is shrouded in mystery because no one knows the true identity of the man, or men, who commissioned its construction. All that is known for certain is that in June 1979, a well-dressed, articulate stranger visited the office of the Elberton Granite Finishing Company and announced that he wanted to build an edifice to transmit a message to mankind.

He identified himself as R. C. Christian, but it soon became apparent that was not his real name. He said that he represented a group of men who wanted to offer direction to humanity, but to date, almost two decades later, no one knows who R. C. Christian really was, or the names of those he represented. Several things are apparent. The messages engraved on the Georgia Guidestones deal with four major fields: (1) Governance and the establishment of a world government, (2) Population and reproduction control, (3) The environment and man's relationship to nature, and (4) Spirituality.

In the public library in Elberton, I found a book written by the man who called himself R.C. Christian. I discovered that the monument he commissioned had been erected in recognition of Thomas Paine and the occult philosophy he espoused. Indeed, the Georgia Guidestones are used for occult ceremonies and mystic celebrations to this very day. Tragically, only one religious leader in the area had the courage to speak out against the American Stonehenge, and he has recently relocated his ministry.

THE MESSAGE OF THE GEORGIA GUIDESTONES

1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature. (!)

2. Guide reproduction wisely – improving fitness and diversity.

3. Unite humanity with a living new language.

4. Rule passion – faith – tradition – and all things with tempered reason.

5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.

6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.

7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.

8. Balance personal rights with social duties.

9. Prize truth – beauty – love – seeking harmony with the infinite.

10.Be not a cancer on the earth – Leave room for nature – Leave room for nature.

Limiting the population of the earth to 500 million will require the extermination of nine-tenths of the world's people. The American Stonehenge's reference to establishing a world court foreshadows the current move to create an International Criminal Court and a world government. The Guidestones' emphasis on preserving nature anticipates the environmental movement of the 1990s, and the reference to "seeking harmony with the infinite" reflects the current effort to replace Judeo-Christian beliefs with a new spirituality.

/more: http://thesecrettruthabout.com/44/the-georgia-guidestones/

THE MESSAGE OF THE GEORGIA GUIDESTONES

1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature. (!)

Limiting the population of the earth to 500 million will require the extermination of nine-tenths of the world's people. The American Stonehenge's reference to establishing a world court foreshadows the current move to create an International Criminal Court and a world government. The Guidestones' emphasis on preserving nature anticipates the environmental movement of the 1990s, and the reference to "seeking harmony with the infinite" reflects the current effort to replace Judeo-Christian beliefs with a new spirituality.

/more: http://thesecrettruthabout.com/44/the-georgia-guidestones/

I haven't listened to this yet - but want to do so:

Concerns about American population growth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=VnhJjKUA_dE

Actually he does speak some sense, while she tries to paint him as evil, and does not recognise the elements of sense in his argument. Who is more scary? (In some ways, China's one child policy was the ultimate humanitarian effort of a sensible, and disciplined state. Much better than eliminating people who are already here.)

Wow. Is you name meant to be Ironic?

You have been a good poster here, so I am curious how you came up with your monicker?

Before I listened to Betty's interview I had attended a demonstration about the benefits of an Alkaliniser machine. They took a cup of Sprite and showed it was acidic. Then they asked us to guess how may cups of alkaline water would be needed to neutralise the acid and bring it back to neutral ph.

The demonstration astounded me : 18 cups!

Size I saw that demonstration, I have not had even one more fizzy drink.

What do you think of Colchicine?

I am suffering a mild gout attack at the moment, and taking 2x pills a day/

Yes slightly ironic. Life is after all a terminal illness.

colchicine has its role, obviously if you can look at if there are any lifestyle factors that bring on attacks of gout and address those that is always better. Red meat and alcohol are two commons such factors. But when you are in pain colchicine does do the job, although it can have some unpleasant side effects!

Of all the carbohydrates, Fructose is the most evil of all.

This is well worth watching:

I would be careful of all exclusion diets (such as Atkins), the evidence is they do not work longtime. You need some carbs in your diet, but as always it needs to be balanced.

Yes slightly ironic. Life is after all a terminal illness.

colchicine has its role, obviously if you can look at if there are any lifestyle factors that bring on attacks of gout and address those that is always better. Red meat and alcohol are two commons such factors. But when you are in pain colchicine does do the job, although it can have some unpleasant side effects!

I am very careful about my diet. I don't eat beef, and only drink one glass of wine a month on average, often none, and that is always white wine. (Yesterday was my birthday, and I had tea and Pokari.)

I am much better now, but what triggered the attack was eating four slices of Four Seasons pizza 2-3 days ago, and there were mushrooms on the pizza. (Imagine having worry about such things!)

After Colchicine, I think I will be able to have a small jog this morning.