Sign in to follow this  
drbubb

Welcome to visitors from HPC

I have invited a few friends from HousePriceCrash.co.uk to pay a visit to this new website.

It think you will find that the "look and feel" is very similar to what you have become familiar with at HPC. that is because the same software package (Invision) is supporting it. Over time, I think you will find that GEI will emerge with its own look. That will be in response to what the members here are looking for.

I certainly hope you will find what you came here for, a lively discussion on the larger economic factors driving the markets. An maybe a few good investment ideas.

Please give me any suggestions you can think of. First impressions are important.

The website is looking good already, and as BP says, house prices are soo last year so it’s really good to have something new and interesting to get to grips with. The task now, I guess, is figure out what’s going on with renewables and get a handle on the emerging trends. I look forward to seeing this develop … :)

There certainly seem to be some familiar faces on here!

As I mentioned to DrBubb, one thing I believe is that the housing bubble has created an enormous mis-allocation of economic resources.

So in the same way that there were tremendous opportunities created as the dot-com bubble reached it's zenith (excuse the mixed metaphor), I believe there are opportunities that have been created by the housing bubble. I'd like to find them.

Right now I think that money is still cheap, so it makes sense to get your hands on as much of the stuff as possible. I'm an STR, so I've done that bit.

During a bust the value of money will rise dramatically as people try to offload assets to get their hands on hard cash.

I'm not sure how that's going to sit with green energy, but many of us on here probably need to find something more constructive to do with our time than post on a housing crash website.

Hi all, thanks for the invite.

During a bust the value of money will rise dramatically as people try to offload assets to get their hands on hard cash.

I'm not sure how that's going to sit with green energy, but many of us on here probably need to find something more constructive to do with our time than post on a housing crash website.

I think the green energy angle comes from the other potential bust: peak oil. Alternatives will be needed.

I have been advised to invest in nuclear though... not quite the all-round green option. :blink:

Hi Bubb thanks for the invite, nice site well done.

Just been listening to the Warren Brusse interview you posted over on HPC, that's how I see things going. Interesting times ahead I think while the Fed tries to re-write the principles of economic management. The downside risks of the experimental "Never No Pain Pill" approach to fiscal management could/will be horrendous.

Catch 22

Hello everyone and thanks for the invite Dr Bubb.

To those of us with a wee bit of spare cash floating about (deposit/str etc) good investment choices could be more important than a HPC. Never had a great deal of luck myself when it comes to investing but have started to do a bit better lately by spending time on the hpc investment forum. Top priority for me is still a HPC (thats my heart talking) but my head tells me that investing well could actually make a much bigger difference to my finances. One of my ambitions is to get in at the bottom of a bull run (anything would do) and sit back and watch while the prices soar. Running at a significant loss still, having been investing unwisely since about 1997.

Sine270

Hello all.

Great idea for a site Doc, nice one!

Since I found HPC I've become very interested in investing and I hope to learn more about investing in green energy, so I might be asking more questions than I'm able to answer (sorry).

Thanks for the welcome and look forward to some good debate.

Bachelor.

Thanks for the invite. I have been investing in Mining and Alt.E stocks for a while now, so I hope this new site takes off.

Hey Bubb and others - thanks for doing this, it's exactly what I would like to see. I hope that this takes off, I will do what I can to support this site. I am very new at all this stuff but i am sure with the right sort of people I will learn and contribute.

It would be good if we can work together on analysis and suggestions as group (i would say team but that may be a bit too early). But lets see how this works.

Well done Bubb.

p.s. my name is boredwaiting on the HPC site - but this is my normal login name for most sites. boredwaiting doesn't seem appropriate here.

Hi Dr Bubb, thanks for the invite.

Having started to get interested in diversifying my thinking on how to invest my money (housing seems to be such a rotten choice) and maybe even get good at it without completely mashing the world, I think this is a great site to have. Thanks.

Elizabeth (I decided to adopt a board name here)

Thanks for the invite Dr Bubb.

A number of "crashers" already signed up I see.

Looking forward to seeing how this site develops, while hopefully finding plenty of new investment ideas along the way.

Many thanks for the invitation Dr B!

I look forward with great interest to seeing how this 'green field' (pardon the pun) website develops. I have no doubt it will be very useful and informative.

Dr Bubb, thanks for the invite - have always read your posts with interest on the HPC site, though much of the exotic investment stuff is currently way beyond me. I think I'll be mainly listening, as I do on HPC.

Not much experience on the investment front, though being a natural sceptic, I have managed to cash in PEPs/ISAs before big falls once or twice in the past. Now planning on selling up all my freebie demutualisation bank shares in the next few days (just waiting for some to go ex-dividend v. shortly), based purely on the current press blether about FTSE gains. This frees up cash to clear the mortgage, then once debt free it'll be time to assess where a big chunk of income goes for growth. IMHO it seems to be getting towards the time when the clever money is looking to leave the market and needs a willing flock of sheep to fleece.

The HPC main discussion forum IMO is still an excellent source of general investment and economic info and will still be a main port of call, but recently I've been going to the investment forums more often. I think that's just a natural progression once much of the background housing market info has been assimilated. Hopefully this site will prove to be another useful source of info. If the overall global energy situation is really as twitchy as it seems, in the long term, a housing crash is going to be pretty small beer in comparison.

TLM

Hi chaps,

Thanks for the invite Doc, good to see everyone again following my ban from HPC, I will endeavour to contribute here in the energy sections.

If you have any questions regarding the forum/skins etc let me know Doc and good luck.

thnx everyone.

Dont forget to check out the threads on individual companies in the Investments section.

One-by-one, I will be looking to start threads, with a chart and links on each of the major UK-quoted

companies.

There is a link to the charts, just below the Logo

Consa, I may take you up on that one day soon

thnx everyone.

Dont forget to check out the threads on individual companies in the Investments section.

One-by-one, I will be looking to start threads, with a chart and links on each of the major UK-quoted

companies.

There is a link to the charts, just below the Logo

Consa, I may take you up on that one day soon

Anytime ;)

Thanks for the invite. Interesting subject! Not only will this be a technically interesting subject which will impact on all areas of economic activity, but going forward it seems fairly obvious that it will be a growth area investment wise.