Is it time to buy yet?

I wouldn't bother asking here. This site was hijacked and totally subverted by conspiracy wing-nuts ages ago and hasn't offered any sensible commentary ever since. A pity; it used to be really good here.

Is it time to buy yet?

With Goldmans predicting low 40's I'm sitting tight, but knowing that, they are probably already positioning the other side of the trade I.m.o

It's pure panic selling and meeting margin calls at this point.

I remember not too long ago people still talking about $200. Now everyone is talking about $40.. the upside is huge.

Looking to go long on this puppy when the dust has settled... but build up position SLOWLY..

I remember not too long ago people still talking about $200. Now everyone is talking about $40.. the upside is huge.

Looking to go long on this puppy when the dust has settled... but build up position SLOWLY..

Agree. That's my intention and LOIL is my volatile trend watch, however what's that saying "timing is everything"

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jan/15/aberdeen-energy-rich-town-counting-cost-oil-shock

Aberdeen - the energy-rich town counting the cost of the new oil shock

For many Aberdonians the freefalling oil price means cheaper petrol but for those in the industry and support services their livelihoods are on the line

The new Saudi king Salman has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease and at many times cannot remember his own name http://english.al-akhbar.com/node/14850

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-02-03/another-conspiracy-theory-becomes-fact-entire-oil-collapse-all-about-crushing-russia

Another Conspiracy Theory Becomes Fact: The Entire Oil Collapse Is All About Crushing Russian Control Over Syria

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-02-10/how-russia-plans-retaliate-saudi-driven-collapse-oil

How Russia Plans To Retaliate For The Saudi-Driven Collapse In Oil

Chairman of the Russian State Duma International Committee .... writing on his Twitter account:

“There were no negotiations with the Saudis to decrease oil production

in exchange for Moscow’s refusal to support Assad. Hoax.”

It is not secret that the chain of events that have transpired in Kiev over the past year, .... were to a great extent orchestrated by the US as the infamous "Fuck the EU" recording revealed. Incidentally, "fucking the EU" is precisely what the US state department did, because the subsequent chain of events .... led to a plunge in European trade with Russia and was directly responsible for Europe's triple-dip recession of 2014....

But while so far the Ukraine gambit has backfired on the west - not completely: after all, one or more western buyers did manage to "acquire" all of Ukraine's dozens of tons of gold at firesale, or lower, prices - the Saudi escalation .... has indeed managed to hurt Putin ....

.... Saudi Arabia ... is very clearly involved in the global proxy war which now stretches to several continents and many countries, and whose ultimate goal is a traditional one: energy.

And since it is a proxy war .... Russia has every right to contemplate how it may retaliate to any additional US escalation in Urkaine. In a proxy fashion.

the Moscow Times wrote in an article today ...that "U.S. provision of military aid to Ukraine would be seen by Moscow as a declaration of war and spark a global escalation of Ukraine's separatist conflict

... if such aid were sent, "Russia would reasonably consider the U.S. to be a direct participant in the conflict,"

Russian defense analysts .... said unanimously that U.S. arms transfers to Ukraine would be interpreted in Moscow as a declaration of open proxy war with Russia and inevitably lead to escalation of the conflict.
The Russian counterstrike could take the conflict far beyond Ukraine....

..... We can also encourage Iran, or even back Iran in a fight — a military operation — with Saudi Arabia, so then the prices for oil will skyrocket,"

if the US does arm Ukraine, Russia may just do everything in its power to take the proxy war away from Ukraine, and right into the hornets' nest of the House of Saud itself.

I have no idea if this writer can be trusted but here's his views on oil

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?78896-Capt.-Randy-Cramer-s-First-Newsletter

Two major events regarding the future of Big Oil (possibly a third, which I will also mention) happened this Fall/Winter of 2014. The Rockefellers divested their oil money. Divested means they took all their invested money in petroleum companies and took every dollar and penny out. Billions of American dollars (estimated to be about $50billion) were removed from the purses of the big oil companies and don't let anyone tell you different, it hurt them badly. That's one of the reasons for such low gas prices at the pump. It's the Big Oil companies lowering their prices to make up for losing all that Rockefeller money. More than that, the Rockefellers are a bell weather money family. That means "if the Rockefellers do it, we should do it to." is the thinking of most big money families. The Rockefellers taking the lead on this one is HUGE, a HUGE punch in the ball bags to the Koch brothers and Koch Industries. Killing the Keystone Pipeline deal (the possible third thing) is a step, but since that fight isn't over, we can't claim victory yet.

Perhaps the even bigger news, was announced by the US Navy in October. They have a process to make fuel for its vessels and aircraft out of seawater. The cost is between $3-$4 per gallon, and completely renewable. There may even be a significant part of the process that will pull extra nitrogen from the seawater, which would reduce ocean water acidity, which could contribute to restoring the health of our oceans and seas. The US Navy, and the US military in general, are the largest consumer of oil products in the world. To shift demand by taking the Navy off of that list will be another huge punch to the crack sacks to Big Oil. A few more of those and they will be on the ropes, then down for the count. In my own professional opinion, I believe these two factors signal the death knell of Big Oil. It may be a long drawn out death, it may be quick, there me be lots of kicking as they go down, but they are going down. The 21st century will not be the century of Oil. At least we have that to look forward to.

Links to articles
http://www.theguardian.com/environme...climate-change

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5113822.html