Minesite's NEW Look, just launched

drbubb

I think it looks great. Easier to read and navigate

If people have comments, let me know, and I will endeavour to pass them on

It will be good to go and see Jim Rogers in December, and I hope to meet some of you there

= =

Articles, like the one just below, are food for thought:

A Plethora Of Mining Floats In Australia Could Lead To Indigestion At Christmas.

It’s not the 20 odd mining floats waiting in the wings at the Australian Stock Exchange that tells a close observer that the boom is intact in Oz. Nor is it the three oil floats, and a couple of alternative power stocks. There’s

...MORE: http://www.minesite.com/minews/singlenews/...hristmas/1.html

Weekly Review

MS does a weekly review of various markets.

This came from last week's Review:

That Was The Week That Was … In London ... By Henry Sandford

A bit of a mixed bag of a week, with the junior market as a whole taking a hit from a crash in the value of First Quantum Minerals, but with reasonable gains being seen in other places.

A bit of a mixed bag of a week, with the junior market as a whole taking a hit from a crash in the value of First Quantum Minerals, but with reasonable gains being seen in other places.

First, to First Quantum Minerals, the mid-tier African copper producer. The shares (AIM: FQM) plummeted 18 per cent to 2375p, wiping more than £300 million off the company’s market capitalisation. The rout was initiated by the release of First Quantum’s third quarter results, which revealed a significant rise in costs. Group cash costs and total costs were US$0.90 per pound and US$1.13 per pound respectively, compared with US$0.64 per pound and US$0.87 per pound for the third quarter period in 2005. This seemed to outweigh recent positive developments, such as the commencement of commercial production from the Guelb Moghrein mine in Mauritania.

Two other mid-tier companies in the gold sector also suffered, though for different reasons. Bema Gold fell by 8.1 per cent to 565p despite being in receipt of a bid from Kinross Gold. Clearly a bit of over –excitement prior to the announcement. Yamana Gold also fell by 3.6 per cent to 267p after a period of acquisitions. Analysts now seem to think that a period of quiet reflection is in order. Why this company listed on AIM is a complete mystery as it is Canadian through and through.

MS also wrote about:

Other shares on a downswing included:

Eureka Mining (AIM: EKA), which suffered a loss of 23 per cent to 38.5p...

Oxus Gold (AIM: OXS) shares dropped 28 per cent to 26.5p...

Better performers:

AIM Resources (AIM: AIMR) shares moved ahead 22 per cent to 10.25p...

Angus & Ross (AIM: AGU) shares gained 12 per cent to 18.75p...

Avocet Mining (AIM: AVM) shares advanced 12 per cent to 111.65p ...

Shares in Gravity Diamonds (AIM: GRN) gained 10.5 per cent to 10.50p...

Pan African Resources (AIM: PAF) shares climbed 25 per cent to 6p...

...MORE: http://www.minesite.com/minews/singlenews/...ndon-46/41.html

• 2 weeks later...
I think it looks great. Easier to read and navigate

If people have comments, let me know, and I will endeavour to pass them on

It will be good to go and see Jim Rogers in December, and I hope to meet some of you there

Yes !

I like it too

I think may be good to put a form to seggest URL in interest link :D

"a form to seggest URL in interest link"

??

I am not sure what you mean by this

Archived