Sign in to follow this  
electroweak

Joint Bank Run

http://jetzt.sueddeutsche.de/texte/anzeigen/513473

Some French activists are calling for a bank run on the 7th December. What a good idea. Don't fight the power, just take it away!

German->English translation from Google:

Text: Anna-Kistner Illustration: Katharina Bitzl

French activists call for a Europe-wide and joint account termination on 7 December on. Everyone should get his money from the account. The question is: What does this protest?

In France the last few weeks has been enough protest - at least find the three fanzösischen citizen Yann Sarfati, Arnaud Varnier and Geraldine Feuillien. Since demonstrating in the street and have brought before parliaments and obviously not - so its findings - the real power lies anyway in the hands of international banks and corporations, they want to provide a novel form of protest a stir on: 7 December, all citizens of the country resolve their account and their money can be paid out in cash. Then, so the activists suggest, one can first put the money in a suitcase or invest it in a social bank. About 7000 people have signed up to Join the linked with the call to the Facebook page.

Guest foobar

In theory I like the idea, it's the free market right? You vote with your feet: if a business does something well and there is a demand for it they will have lots of customers and in this case the opposite (they will leave as it's run badly). However, we now live in a twilight zone world where, if a bank fails, more public money gets pumped in to prop it up, thereby devauling the currency. So in a way, it's a mechanism to shoot ourselves in the foot. The harder you try to hit the more you hit yourself, a very clever trap.

I like more the idea that everyone in the world buys gold or silver, then if the banks are bailed out... well hey thanks, you just made everybody richer. ;) (nominally speaking)

That actually sounds like a good solution: get everyone to buy gold, devaulue the currency, then everyone can sell the gold pay off their otherwise bad debts and we can all start again. The central banks/governments can then buy the gold back and put it in their vaults. When the debts are repaid the money gets destroyed right, so no hyperinflation?

Is it just that I'm tired or does that sound like a viable solution? :unsure:

Is it just that I'm tired or does that sound like a viable solution? :unsure:

To me, it does. Gold acts as the last man standing, a true currency used to bridge the gap when all else paper is going TU.

Guest foobar
To me, it does. Gold acts as the last man standing, a true currency used to bridge the gap when all else paper is going TU.

This is a campaign we could start now, potentially the public could collectively decide to do it now (just like this bank run idea), we have the means Gold Money, Bullion Vault, Coins etc. It could actually be a democratic force against the banking oligarchy. If someone had the balls in government they could seize the opportunity to let the banks go bust as the people would be protected (momentarily) in gold, revalue the currency and become a national hero. I imagine they would be assasinated shortly afterwards as it would put the oligarchy back 40 odds years. :ph34r:

I'd get my money out before then....like now!

Who else wants to stand in line with a group of angry, union inspired French demanding their money out? TG I'm not there.

FOOBAR - Great idea. This, along with your own "lifeboat" is the way to go.

Havent't many of us already done this?

I agree it is a good idea, and I think more people should do it.

What mandate does a bank have for gov't subsidy once no member of the public holds an account there?

Guest foobar

I think we could start a website/campaign: I'd like to have Alan Greenspan as the hero of the site with his quote below. We can keep drumming it into people and repeating it (Max Keiser stylee "suicide, banker terrorists") until it becomes common knowledge.

"Oh wasn't it Alan Greenspan who said gold is a way to protect my wealth? Well if he says it, I better buy some."

He's given us the answer: the man who was one of the causes of the problem. :lol: The irony from this already incredibly ironic situation would be delicious!!!

In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation. There is no safe store of value. If there were, the government would have to make its holding illegal, as was done in the case of gold. If everyone decided, for example, to convert all his bank deposits to silver or copper or any other good, and thereafter declined to accept checks as payment for goods, bank deposits would lose their purchasing power and government-created bank credit would be worthless as a claim on goods. The financial policy of the welfare state requires that there be no way for the owners of wealth to protect themselves.

This is the shabby secret of the welfare statists' tirades against gold. Deficit spending is simply a scheme for the confiscation of wealth. Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights. If one grasps this, one has no difficulty in understanding the statists' antagonism toward the gold standard.

So if the governments decided to confiscate gold and this quote was common knowledge people would know exactly what was going on, it's perfect!

Alan's the man, tell the world!!! We're not seditionists we're just following Alan's advice.

Suggestions for a website URL please? goldendemocracy.com? alanstheman.com, greenspansgold.com, shabbyalan.com? This could be hysterical.

What would be the chances: "If everyone decided, for example, to convert all his[her] bank deposits to silver or [gold]" (taking delivery to be certain) the currency would automatically revalue, no government intervention needed? It would be self-fulfilling wouldn't it?

I think we could start a website/campaign: I'd like to have Alan Greenspan as the hero of the site...

He is already an Arch-Villain here, for his other works