frizzers

A Little Prediction

In 1939 England went to war with Germany , the old foes, with England retaliating against Germany's increasingly unacceptable foreign policy.

America sold goods to both sides and made a fortune, before eventually joining the war. After the war, American industrial and financial dominance boomed.

In c.2015-18 , America will go to war with one of its old foes (Russia, the Arab world) , with somebody finding the other's foreign policy increasingly unacceptable.

China will sell goods to both sides and make a fortune before entering the war and determining its outcome. This will usher in a period of Chinese global dominiance akin to the US's post 1945.

In 1939 England went to war with Germany , the old foes, with England retaliating against Germany's increasingly unacceptable foreign policy.

America sold goods to both sides and made a fortune, before eventually joining the war. After the war, American industrial and financial dominance boomed.

In c.2015-18 , America will go to war with one of its old foes (Russia, the Arab world) , with somebody finding the other's foreign policy increasingly unacceptable.

China will sell goods to both sides and make a fortune before entering the war and determining its outcome. This will usher in a period of Chinese global dominiance akin to the US's post 1945.

who decides America's foreign policy

America looks to be following in the footsteps of the former Soviet Union. Its economic collapse will hardly enable it to go to war. Neither will rising powers need to go to war as they can just continue to exert their economic influence.

But not sure who the rising powers are supposed to be... as the idea of "decoupling" looks dubious in the short term. A crash in the US economy would take other economies with it.

Peace out.

Think you could be right but hope youre wrong.

History does have a habit of repeating itself and I do worry who the US might elect to replace Obama when things get really nasty. That lady from Alaska scares the pants off me. Populist demagoguery thriving whilst depression takes hold? You betcha!

"A Little Prediction" - yours ?

+ in 1939 Germany had radical facist leadership and was initially seeking to re-unify its country. In the same era there was Musolini, Stalin and the Japanese.

Of course the Brits had Churchill waiting in the wings!

Looking at US - they now have Obama and UK has the co-alition.

Of course in due course US & UK may vote for others but that would be a radical shift from where we are now. Thats the positive viewpoint.

However the "rogue state" Iran/N Korea aspects are wild cards.

Who knows!

Ps. Maybe the Greeks and Macedonians will rise again to launch their version of a 3rd reich or whatever!

I think the state department is more concerned about China, if I can believe one of my contacts there.

But it is more likely to be a "war of proxies" (like Vietnam was) if it happens

Russias star is rising again but only because of its economic strength in commodities - it has no need for more resources and is cooperating with the west.

And the USA and China have been in bed with each other for decades.

I think the state department is more concerned about China, if I can believe one of my contacts there.

Iran or some African country like Sudan/Kongo/who knows?

I have an American arms dealer friend that says business is brisk in both S. Korea and Taiwan. Apparently the US is preparing to pull out of S. Korea and hence the Koreans are training and arming themselves.

I have an American arms dealer friend that says business is brisk in both S. Korea and Taiwan. Apparently the US is preparing to pull out of S. Korea and hence the Koreans are training and arming themselves.

Yeah, thought that would be on the cards soon. I'm also pulling out.... back to quiet little old NZ:lol:

especially if you call them 'French

:lol:

Of course back in 1939 the average "Englishman" might have thought of the French as being the old foes.

+ The French knew that the Germans would be back, hence the building of the Maginot line.

I watched a video recently on http://www.prisonplanet.com/americas-crumb...astructure.html. There was clearly growing concern from the public that billions were being spent in other countries rebuilding after wars, financing troops and foreign infrastructure at the expense of the US.

I would predict mass protests against war efforts c.2015-18 when everyday Americans go without food, shelter, health care and the real effects of that stupid bailout are undeniable. Perhaps someone will go to war with the US and attack them - they seem to expect it so....they know something.

China is already positioned and creaming the other world powers. I noticed that they had a water shortage in parts of China....I predict (sorry, is this trolling your thread?? - not my intention) that WATER will become the new GOLD. I don't have $$$ to invest but if I did, that would be where I'd be heading right now.

If there is a war it will be over control of/access to WATER. Motivation to survive trumps motivation to get rich and just think of how greed can drive humanity to do the most despicable things.....surely the drive to control water will result in far worse attrocities.

... WATER will become the new GOLD. I don't have $$$ to invest but if I did, that would be where I'd be heading right now.

If there is a war it will be over control of/access to WATER. Motivation to survive trumps motivation to get rich and just think of how greed can drive humanity to do the most despicable things.....surely the drive to control water will result in far worse attrocities.

I hear comments like that.

But always wonder: HOW do you invest in water?

I think if you are in a position to capture the rain that falls on your property, you may want to do that.

Buy a good water filter too

Cuthbert, China will not want to, and will not be in the military position to, intervene in any war involving the USA. China is just now building a blue water navy. Any conflict between the US and China would be an air and sea war and the US completely dominates both those venues; that won't change in the next ten years.

And water may indeed be the next gold, however it's difficult to invest in.

Companies with desalination tech?

The distribution utilities? (those could be difficult with government regulation)

Buy property in a water rich area (like Alaska) and hope to get checks from the government for its water sales (as Alaska does with its oil fortune)?

Maybe some of the forestry trusts also have water resources?