Alternative needed to HPC?

I'm curious about the coalition tax on property plans - I hadn't noticed anything - do you have a link

Anyone buying into the UK's crumbling property ponzi scheme (CPPS) should understand that property taxes are on their way.

http://news.hereisthecity.com/news/business_news/11489.cntns

It will be said that in a world of internationally mobile capital and people it is counterproductive to tax personal income and corporate profit to uncompetitive levels. That is right. But a progressive alternative is to shift the tax base to property and land which cannot run away and represent, in Britain, an extreme concentration of wealth. I personally regret that mansion tax did not make it into the Coalition Agreement but in a coalition we have to compromise. But we can and should maintain our distinctive and progressive tax policies for the future.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Don't tax him, and don't tax me.

Tax the man behind the tree."

Soaking the rich foreigners, may prove popular in revenue-starved Britain.

Meantime:

THE PATTERN of mis-representations continue over at the HPC Forum.

Some posters seem to be suggesting that I posted something ON HPC (!) saying that I threatened to sue that website if they failed to remove my posts and threads.

I can assure you, that is not true, I would have contacted Fubra (I know some folks there), or checked out the legal issues before doing so. Instead what really happened was that I posted this above:

Okay

( [#103126] Your posting rights have been removed by an administrator. )

I have been banned now

My next step...

I may threaten to sue then if they do not remove ALL of my posts from the site.

Time to move on

Notice the word "may", and that this was posted on GEI and not on HPC.

This is typical of the sorts of lies and distortions that I have seen about my posts over there. This is the main reason I asked them to choose between me and Little Professor, who happily distorts my post and track record regularly.

In effect, I was asking them if they wanted to be a serious website, or one dominated by small minded spin artists. The choice has been made. The die is cast. And I can move on.

In fact, this break has been brewing for sometime. The Mods there have been selectively deleting parts of my posts for some time. Here's a post about the distortions and modifications that I drafting several days ago, but never sent:

Open letter - HPC Mods: How ridiculous !

I am tired of being ripped off, without proper links

==================================

This is ridiculous - And I am asking that my account be suspended for 10 days while I consider what to do.

I have been posting useful EXCERPTS from original material :

Examples

1/ Chart of home prices ===========================

Here's the latest chart - thru August, including an Estimate of Pds.167,500 for Halifax

001z.gif

(The chart was deleted, because it had links to a source on my website)

2/ Reference to podcast =============================

RE: Discussion

As with any material from another source, I post a link back to the source of the material, so people who want to look beyond the Excerpt can do so. This is a standard practice for all chatboard websites. And MY INTENT ALWAYS is to publish enough of an excerpt that it stands as a comment of explanation that starts or adds to a discussion ON THIS WEBSITE. And discussions normally grow up around those posts. Any fool here can see that the threads that I have started are amongst the post popular on the HPC site.

3/ Links to material which is not mine =====================

RE: Women

The post was ALLOWED to stay on the Main board, with the links retained, but they went to other websites, not mine.

I cannot understand a moderation policy that permits material which is not my original material to be Linked.

and

Why-oh-why-oh-why should I go on posting useful material, and seeing my links deleted?

I have made 1,000's of posts on this website, and invested hundreds of hours of my time here and on others sites. and I am being treated like a troll here by people who have not contributed 10% of the useful material that I have to this website.

AND this this being done without an explanation to me. In some ways, I think that once the links are removed without my permission, then it is as if my copywrited material is being stolen. I am not ready to consider whether it is a legal matter, but if this strange practice continues, then maybe my thoughts will go in that direction. (Can you detect that I am angry?)

Also, if I or anyone else posts excerpts or references to HPC material, it is expected and encouraged that there be links back to the HPC source. And I follow that practice myself, not thinking it would be fair not to allow people to see the source.

HUNDREDS of HPC posters have told me how much they value my posts, and many post here as well as on the other site. Even the owner of the site has posted on mine, (where he and others are always treated with the utmost courtesy.)

I want this shabby and unfair treatment to end! If it means requesting a permanent banning, or even having the Mods do that as a result of this posting, then perhaps that is the very best thing, so that people who want to see things like these unique charts, or here original podcasts produced by myself, then they will know that they have to go elsewhere for them, and no excerpts or other parts of them are on the HPC site.

I thought people should better understand my motivation in asking them to choose. Frankly, in some ways I am relieved, since their reckless deletions will make it easier for me to draw the line and move on now.

Well, I for one would have the right royal hump at the way you have been treated.

It's obvious how much effort and creativity you have put into those posts. To have them interfered with is just violation.

Whoever is the moderator should be ashamed of themselves. They are not moderating. They clearly have a destructive personal agenda and are grossly abusing their moderation powers to serve that agenda. It's basic corruption.

I had someone on there once deleting everything I posted as I posted it. It was so frustrating and I never put anything like the hours in that you have.

It's like someone has just burnt five years of your scrupulously kept diary right in front of you. A terrible violation.

I don't know how you recover your posts, but it would great if you could as many of them are in many ways works of art, and fascinating arguments, chronicles and the rest.

As for HPC just let it go ...

Well, I for one would have the right royal hump at the way you have been treated.

It's obvious how much effort and creativity you have put into those posts. To have them interfered with is just violation.

Whoever is the moderator should be ashamed of themselves. They are not moderating. They clearly have a destructive personal agenda and are grossly abusing their moderation powers to serve that agenda. It's basic corruption.

I had someone on there once deleting everything I posted as I posted it. It was so frustrating and I never put anything like the hours in that you have.

It's like someone has just burnt five years of your scrupulously kept diary right in front of you. A terrible violation.

I don't know how you recover your posts, but it would great if you could as many of them are in many ways works of art, and fascinating arguments, chronicles and the rest.

There's an army of them . . .

stasi.jpg

Thanks

And from the flames, a mighty Phoenix shall arise !

phoenixcl.jpg

The Domain Name* has been acquired, and some thinking about the topics to be addressesd is now underway.

It is not "Property Phoenix .com", but I was briefly tempted.

Thanks

And from the flames, a Phoenix shall arise !

The Domain Name has been acquired, and some thinking about the topics to be addressesd is now underway.

looking forward to it Dr B

I post on HPC but preferred GHPC when it was around

Most of the stuff on here is a bit over my head but its educational

rather than just another express/dailymail link

I want to read about what is happening rather than what

people want to happen

As for the "all are bulls " comment ,its spot on

well not all but so many spend their time hounding the BTL brigade while preparing

themselves to become just that if a crash happens .

whats the domain name ?

I thought PropertyBUBBles may be quite catchy

Anyway I love this forum

it has opened my eyes

many thanks -you and many others on here are appreciated for your dedication

As for the "all are bulls " comment ,its spot on

well not all but so many spend their time hounding the BTL brigade while preparing

themselves to become just that if a crash happens .

whats the domain name ?

There's an old saying: What you hate, you become.

As a protection, I do not hate HPC or its misguided Mods.

I want to move on to something better, and stay from from the baggage there.

(Nevertheless, it is a pity that so much of their historic record has been hidden or is deleted now.

Anyone buying into the UK's crumbling property ponzi scheme (CPPS) should understand that property taxes are on their way.

http://news.hereisthecity.com/news/business_news/11489.cntns

It will be said that in a world of internationally mobile capital and people it is counterproductive to tax personal income and corporate profit to uncompetitive levels. That is right. But a progressive alternative is to shift the tax base to property and land which cannot run away and represent, in Britain, an extreme concentration of wealth. I personally regret that mansion tax did not make it into the Coalition Agreement but in a coalition we have to compromise. But we can and should maintain our distinctive and progressive tax policies for the future.

Interesting - thanks. Personally I am in favour of property taxes as some level as a way of preventing bubbles (probably in the form of a land value tax) (regardless of the fact that it would hit me) (and feel free to extend my opinion on that to anything that can boom and bust such that high volume low margin trading and cornering markets both bring finacial tarrifs to act as a sea anchor) - but sadly I think that a remark during a Vince Cable speech at conference, and what the coalition will do are two very different things.

New section ANNOUNCEMENT

Here comes: Global Property Cycles dotcom

: http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....showtopic=11176

...posted on the new thread

The funny thing is, as I read the posts on HPC about my banning, no one seems to have mentioned the possibility

that Little Professor should have been banned long ago. (Does anyone know of any useful posts that he has

ever made?)

Although the individual posts he made were not so terribly bad, the cumulative corrosive effect of his postings'

and the disrespectful, abusive, and misrepresenting nature of his posts was rather horrible and disruptive to my

efforts on HPC. Would anyone else have put up with it as long as I did? I doubt that very much.

I think it tells you much about the quality of the HPC Mods, that they made no efforts to scrape off the abuse that

accumulated by those sorts of posters on the threads of those who were posting high quality content. The average

quality of a post on HPC is several notches below GEI, and I predict it will continue to descend, particularly if

quality posters discover there is a better quality UK property oriented website on which they can post.

Hi Bubb

I would be interested in a JV. I've run websites and blogs before and am tech savvy. I'm a 'retired investor' but trade the markets and have free days mon to friday. I've only been on hpc for a week but its slow and boring and mostly empty. not sure if this can be done on green energy investors so a new domain would be needed. you can email me at ukwebspider@googlemail.com. ukwebspider was my first blog over a year ago and then i moved onto uknewsnetwork which was getting 30k hits amonth after a 3 months but i gave it up as I couldn't find anybody to share the workload. perhaps we could work together, email me if your interested

the uknewsnetwork blog link is

http://uknewsnetwork.blogspot.com/

the last 10 posts or so wern't my postings as I'd given up by then, another contributor stuck most of that rubbish up, scroll down to find my posts and interests.(posted by the network) and I designed and created the site and can write java script if needed.

uk finance, global banking, food crisis, NWO, economics, big brother, austrian keynesian economics and trading etc are my main interests

getzegold

the last 10 posts or so wern't my postings as I'd given up by then, another contributor stuck most of that rubbish up, scroll down to find my posts and interests.(posted by the network) and I designed and created the site and can write java script if needed.

uk finance, global banking, food crisis, NWO, economics, big brother, austrian keynesian economics and trading etc are my main interests

getzegold

Thanks for that, gg.

We seem to have the same interests. Although I would be mainly interested in spinning out the Property stuff into GPC.

I will have a look at our other work.

www.housepricecrash.co.uk is in a bear market, it peaked last year, a crash may be on the cards...

Now is the time to buy puts folks

LOL.

That may be true

002v.gif

I have to wonder if a different moderation policy would have saved it, and preserved a higher level

HPC is weird and largely a waste of time these days. Far too many of its members are ensconced in bitterness and a profound lack of memory and appreciation of context. Leave them to it.

I've had a hunch that Fubra (site owners) have only cared about the ad revenue for years.

RIGHT !

I go back there and read posts like this: source- a thread entitled "Bubb"

"If you're irritating the mods and other users on the site, while running a rival site and using this site to generate traffic to it, you can hardly be surprised that they jump at the chance to remove the problem you when you ask for it."

Wow ! The thoughtless nature of that statement takes my breath away.

Anyone who thinks my posts were "THE PROBLEM" and an "IRRITANT" belongs in that crazed space and not here.

I am certainly glad not to waste my time surrounded by such people !

I should have left long ago. And I truly like the finality of the one year Ban, and I am very glad I asked for it.

Anyone who wants to be exposed to my "irritating" material should now be able to find it here (on GPC), not on a site were posters like that are allowed to attack content that has been developed and designed for people who are serious about the property market.

All I can say is: It is a waste of time to cast pearls in from of swine like that.

The same guy goes on:

"Why ask to be banned then? Attention seeking."

He really doesn't get it !

I was asking the HPC moderators to make a choice: Thoughtful content, or... a place were disrespect, half-truths and slander reign. And very quickly, they did choose. Now I know not to waste time there anymore. And I am grateful for the clarity. Anyone who wants to waste their time on a website, where those who post something useful are quickly covered in mud and grime, are welcome to stay there. But I do not want that style of petty, and nasty mudslinging to discourage good posters here*.

The whole silly episode has driven me into a new Moderation policy on GEI: Protecting our providers of good content.

Here's the new policy: "Protected" status of Blog-threads:

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....showtopic=11198

== ==

*The thread on which Little Professor posted his nasty statements (which led to my ultimatum) was one of the very most popular on HPC, with over 100,000 views, and 48 pages of content and 1,700 posts, it was started by yours truly and was entitled: "It's Nearly Over, The Dead Cat Bounce

Property should peak by year end (forecast)". Whilst I did start the thread with useful content like that below**, and added more along the way, far too many of my posts were spent defending myself from nasty posters like Little Professor, who were doing their best to misrepresent my forecasts. Frankly, I was very, very tired of needing to make those sorts of time-consuming defenses - and could not see what HPC would allow those sorts of unfair posts to stand. I do not want to make the same mistake on GEI - Hence the new Moderation policy !

Excerpt from:

Thread Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:53 PM

It's nearly over, the Dead Cat Bounce

Property should peak by year end (my forecast)

======================================

I cannot ignore those price falls in the Builder shares any longer.

I think it is time to flash : the REVERSAL WARNING !

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7859/deadcatbounce2008big.jpg

Having called the Dead Cat Bounce was underway on April 4th, I now think it is time to say: I believe we are seeing the end of it.

I believe now that UK property should peak before year end, and within the first quarter of 2010, you will once again see a sliding market

(What could be clearer than that? Check the actual data, to see if there were any price peaks in Q1: http://tinyurl.com/UKtrap

Then, Go back and read the nasty posts by LP, and you will see how unfair they were. Why should anyone have to defend their valuable content from such nonsensical postings? A decent site, trying to protect the providers of good content would have quickly banned a gadfly like that.)

Just meticulously working my way through this thread, as being a new member one ought to get a feel of the place, love this comment;

:mellow:

You should be relieved to be honest.

The discussion over there has come full circle and the same topics are being re-hashed over and over with a bit more bitterness each iteration.

there's a lot of bitterness in anyone who invests in anything over there mainly cos they haven't got the balls/nouse to do the research and formulate a strategy to survive/thrive in this greater depression.

couldn't agree more

RIGHT !

Another post there by someone who calls himself "Matador" - is he a Mod perhaps?

You have really done it now, he's apoplectic and ranting (Cleese style) with arm in the air and comb under nose. I fear he may lock himself away for a few years to write a book documenting his 'struggle'.

Typical HPC OTT-exaggeration. Being another wind-up artist, he cannpt understand why a serious poster would be upset by his antics.

Here's my message for Mr. Matadoor:

"Like attracts like, and for a certain type of disruptive poster, I am sure you have a 'magnetic personality.'

Can you not see that the HPC-way of "disrupting" serious posters is chasing away those few remaining folks who provide good unique content? We already have so many good posters who have come over to GEI. If you push the rest away from HPC, there will be nothing left to read apart from news article copyists, wind-up artists, and some wananbee homeowners whining about their failures."

== ==

(Note: 4,700 views here at this point.)

On that thread there is an "interesting" post by pointed out by Bruce Banner...

Posted Today, 09:07 AM

the_duke_of_hazzard, on 03 October 2010 - 09:57 AM, said:

Why ask to be banned then? Attention seeking.

Running out of alter egos?

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...p;#entry2682608

Shall we go and have a look then??

Posted 22 August 2010 - 02:51 PM

notrealhoudini, on 22 August 2010 - 02:20 PM, said:

It is obvious - isn't it - that the Echo boomers are even more selfish than their parents.

And they they will simply refuse to honor those debts. The "wealth saved" through state promises will just melt away,

as will the "housing wealth" that is merely fictitious

DrBubb, on 22 August 2010 - 02:21 PM, said:

It is obvious - isn't it - that the Echo boomers may be even more selfish than their parents.

And they they will simply refuse to honor those debts. The "wealth saved" through state promises will just melt away,

as will the "housing wealth" that is merely fictitious

:rolleyes:

As far as I can remember, guest posting has not been possible since the earliest early days.

Bruce Banner (is he a mod??) doing a bit of sh1t stirring or what?

This seems like absurd history revisionism... It looks like Bruce Banner has edited an old thread to specifically make someone look a bit dodgy.

If correct, that only puts HPC in a well dodgy light...

. . .

I think that NotRealHoudini posted maybe 3-4 times when I was suspended for a week.

Over the years, I have had only a handful of suspensions, and no real need for AlterEgos. Even then with that name, I think there was a point of "defense" that needed to be made, and I used "NotReal" as a means of making it. (That name itself should have given away plenty - that it was a temporary entity - so anyone could quickly see through it.)

BTW, one of the reasons for the public ultimatum was that I want people to know that I was at risk of getting banned - and so I would not be able to defend myself from the inevitable attacks from the swarm of gadflies on HPC. As I have posted above, I like the finality of it.

Shall we go and have a look then??

As far as I can remember, guest posting has not been possible since the earliest early days.

Bruce Banner (is he a mod??) doing a bit of sh1t stirring or what?

This seems like absurd history revisionism... It looks like Bruce Banner has edited an old thread to specifically make someone look a bit dodgy.

Bruce Banner does a lot of shit stirring. He's the one who got me banned.

However, whatever Bruce Banner says you can guarantee the poster called "The Moderators" isn't far behind to back him up all the way.

I'm not saying anything. Draw your own conclusions....

Check out the Halifax drop for September, and compare it with this...

ARE WE THERE YET???

Nationwide : House prices rose in September

Dr Bubb, when are you finally going to admit your bullcrap about having some special super secret techincal system to determine future house prices by posting loads of random charts copied and pasted from Yahoo Finance was just a load of balls? Still waiting.

Has Little Professor been banned from HPC yet?

It seems that such a ban should be contemplated after his very misleading posts ruining my threads.

And he is Oh-so-wrong on the direction and intensity of price falls.

Surely he deserves a few unfriendly "antibodies" of his own.

Check out the Halifax drop for September, and compare it with this...

Has Little Professor been banned from HPC yet?

It seems that such a ban should be contemplated after his very misleading posts ruining my threads.

And he is Oh-so-wrong on the direction and intensity of price falls.

Surely he deserves a few unfriendly "antibodies" of his own.

I will say, price falls priced in what? QE prevented a real crash and now the UK possibly faces . . .

3472856726_b6a8c3d769.jpg

What's the average house price in Zimbabwe priced in Zim Dollars? Bet it's a staggeringly huge number with enough zeros to stretch to the moon and back. Now price them in . . . Euros say.

Housing affordability has fallen and will continue to do so. Incomes and income security continue to fall, the West is near depression levels and the building industry has almost ceased to exist (I know because I regenerate the sites for development). Until this whole palaver is allowed to unravel and until structural economic problems are tackled in the East-dependent West the situation is hardly going to improve.

Archived