Alternative needed to HPC?

Does that red line represent wages? If not, you can throw that graph in the rubbish.

I seem to recall running the numbers back when I gave a shit about HPC and the wage line is way down regardless of mean or median - unless you use about a 6 times multilpier. I seem to recall the red line was the long term trend.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I seem to recall running the numbers back when I gave a shit about HPC and the wage line is way down regardless of mean or median - unless you use about a 6 times multilpier. I seem to recall the red line was the long term trend.

Well, these days, £165,000 or whatever the hell it is, very big multiplier of nothing. Of course priced in gold house prices have actually dropped 1748%.

No many people know that.

I keep learning from many posters here (& even some on HPC)

That's what's I like about GEI, my thinking has developed a lot and it's contributed to the ongoing development of a trading system I'm working on. HPC is a mish mash of at times very dogmatic views, some of the bright people there seem to be chased away.

Can't remember where I read it but I understand the guy who runs it pulls in a lot of advertising revenue due to the volume of people going to the site.

I would like to add my support to a new property forum. I have been lurking on HPC since October 04, and I agree it seems to have lost its way recently - the same old arguments being re-hashed over and over by the same uber-bears. I only really look at it now for the news blog. I believe there is a need for a balanced property forum where the latest market developments are posted and debated in a sensible manner.

I would certainly contribute to it as a poster (most of my time is being sucked up by developing my trading system)

But I do like the idea of starting a GEI version of HPC : "Gentleman/gentlewoman's HPC."

Any ideas on a good name.

Global Edge Habitat

Global Edge Abode

GEI House Price Cache

I hope this is Noodle (from HPC in yonder days) I always enjoyed what you had to say.

Sadly, no it isn't. The poster you refer to tragically died after an accident involving three ladyboys, a anesthetized hedgehog and a small plastic helterskelter.

Neither could I.

Airstream trailers. Look on US ebay then look at prices in the UK, order of magnitude difference. Stick one or more on a ship out of Jacksoville port. Better than some shite box new build in Gateshead or some damn awful place.

Chin up! Keep calm and carry on!

I was thinking of one of these tbh

Caravan1_101232a.jpg

Just need to get a car to pull it first.

When the coalition of the losers start going after property owners, as they stated last week when they said that: "property owners can't run away", the price of property will nosedive well below the fictitious red line on that stupid graph.

The banksters made a miscalculation in the US when they assumed that the suckers that bought into their ponzi scheme would continue to pay off their mortgages from savings etc. After all it is the AMERICAN DREAM. But they were wrong. They walked away as housing is NOT the most important bill that needs paying.

The same scenario will p ayout with gormless "bricks and mortar" British.

The average price of a crumbling, shoddy, UK house will be well below 100oz of gold.

When the coalition of the losers start going after property owners, as they stated last week when they said that: "property owners can't run away", the price of property will nosedive well below the fictitious red line on that stupid graph.

The banksters made a miscalculation in the US when they assumed that the suckers that bought into their ponzi scheme would continue to pay off their mortgages from savings etc. After all it is the AMERICAN DREAM. But they were wrong. They walked away as housing is NOT the most important bill that needs paying.

The same scenario will p ayout with gormless "bricks and mortar" British.

The average price of a crumbling, shoddy, UK house will be well below 100oz of gold.

They walked away because the bank would take the property and this clears the debt. Unlike the UK where you owe the balance for so long even after you die they keep your head alive in a glass jar and make you work in a call centre to pay it off.

They walked away because the bank would take the property and this clears the debt. Unlike the UK where you owe the balance for so long even after you die they keep your head alive in a glass jar and make you work in a call centre to pay it off.

I remember the late 80s crash well. When the cash run out the suckers walked - screw the banksters.

The only thing propping up the dysfunctional British housing market is benefits.

I remember the late 80s crash well. When the cash run out the suckers walked - screw the banksters.

The only thing propping up the dysfunctional British housing market is benefits.

My folks bought a repossession then. The previous owner did a runner on the mortgage debt remaining. They went after him with a vengeance - I found out because my banks accounts (and my parents) were frozen in the process accidentally.

Does that red line represent wages? If not, you can throw that graph in the rubbish.

If the red line did represent wages house prices would be around about fair value!

Yes, UK house prices are going down, but the fools money in the bank is going down even faster.

They won't listen and they don't care.

Not quite fair.. I'm about 2/3rds in stocks. Never trusted gold though, but happy to admit it's proved to be a good investment so far.

Sadly, no it isn't. The poster you refer to tragically died after an accident involving three ladyboys, a anesthetized hedgehog and a small plastic helterskelter.

Small world this internet place :lol:

Archived