drbubb

Gordon Brown on the back benches

Gordon Brown on the back benches

_45875124_jex_377477_de27-1.jpg

A thread for collecting "the wisdom of Gordon Brown".

This may be one of the shortest on record.

001u.gif

Unemployed%20Youth.jpg

Nope.

It wasn't WORK that Brown wanted to get to people. What do you suppose it was?

He was busy "creating chances":

gordonbrown_quote.gif

...by increasing red tape, taxes, and silly regulations...

making it tough for small business to grow.

Lets all hope for an early Matt Simmons type departure.........

Brown in the bath-tub?

Now there's a sight, I choose not to contemplate

Lets all hope for ...

I have increased your warning level to 10%, which has been long overdue.

I would try to refrain from that kind of language, although on this particular thread I would consider it Bubb's job to herd the cats.

Are we not allowed to write 'Let's all hope for'? Perhaps it was because of the lack of a contracting apostrophe that the warning was given - good show.

I have given up on the idea of wishing any violence upon Gordon... now that he's out of power.

Ridicule, frequent and excessive amounts of ridicule, will surfice

I have given up on the idea of wishing any violence upon Gordon... now that he's out of power.

Ridicule, frequent and excessive amounts of ridicule, will surfice

The loss of power is the most devistating thing that can happen to someone like Brown. There is no need to wish pain or misfortune on him. He is a broken man without the power he so craves.

The loss of power is the most devistating thing that can happen to someone like Brown. There is no need to wish pain or misfortune on him. He is a broken man without the power he so craves.

He certainly looks like he is deflated, or maybe DEFLATING in this photo

Gordon Brown in the back benches

_45875124_jex_377477_de27-1.jpg

But it may take months or even some years for all that hot air to come out

Let THEM* pay... for HIM

======

Gordon Brown has signed up with a London agency to attend speaking events at $100,000 (£64,000) a time, it was reported.

Brown has not spoken in the House of Commons since he stood down as Labour leader, despite remaining MP for Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath, and has only been seen in the chamber on a handful of occasions. He has been writing a book, The Financial Crisis, on how Britain dealt with the economic downturn. But the Spectator magazine's website hasreported that Brown had signed up with an agency that could book him in to speak in the Middle East and Asia, commanding $100,000 a time to speak on areas covered by the book.

*Interest is said to be particularly high in the Gulf, and anyone who booked him to speak would also have to stump up for five-star hotel accommodation, as well as one first-class and three business-class seats. Brown's wife, Sarah, can also charge an appearance fee of $20,000.

The report that Brown may have joined the lecture circuit was greeted with surprise since he has always said he will not leave political life to cash in on his experience as prime minister, preferring a more low-key life instead.

Brown always favourably contrasted his intentions with how Tony Blair made millions on the lecture circuit within months of leaving public office

/more: http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/au...ing-engagements

A thread for collecting "the wisdom of Gordon Brown".

That would be a great title for one of those 3-inch-square books full of chintzy platitudes. Except this one would have 49 blank pages before "I have informed the Queen's private secretary that it is my intention to tender my resignation to the Queen."

Get to the publisher in time for Christmas!

MORE LABOUR WASTE to be cut - & this helped to prop up House prices

Mortgage interest support

The current system of mortgage interest support means that 92% of customers get more help than they actually need. To ensure that Support for Mortgage Interest (SMI) is better targeted we will reduce the rate from 1 October 2010 from 6.08% to the Bank of England average (currently 3.67%).

/more: http://www.dwp.gov.uk/newsroom/top-stories/

92% of.....customers

It looks like anyone with a mortgage rate below 6.08 had their capital reduced by the taxpayer. The government have to get details of the mortgage to be able to calculate the payments at either 6.08% or 3.65%, so why not get details of the interest rate too?

No incentive to get a cheaper mortgage, no incentive to save for emergencies, no incentive to get a job.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBen...ncome/DG_180321

SMI - what's not included

SMI cannot help you pay:

- the amount you borrowed (only the interest on the mortgage is paid)

- anything towards insurance policies you have

- mortgage arrears

How SMI is calculated

The standard interest rate used to calculate SMI is currently 6.08 per cent.

From 1 October 2010 the standard interest rate will be set at a level equal to the Bank of England’s published monthly average mortgage interest rate. This is currently 3.65 per cent. The rate that will apply from 1 October 2010 will be published by the Bank of England at the end of August.

SMI – excess payments

Some homeowners may have actual interest rates that are lower than the standard rate used to calculate SMI payments. This means they receive more SMI than required to meet the payments due to their lender. These payments can only be credited to their mortgage account.

Lets all hope for an early Matt Simmons type departure.........

If I had my way it would be at the end of a noose. He is the biggest traitor England has ever had to suffer. Blair should be at the War Crimes trribunal in The Hague along with Charles Taylor.