HMRC Vs. Silver Coins

Hello Green Investors,

Just found this forum and it is a fantastic resource, there is a lot of good advice here, so I would like to pose my situation and see if anyone has had a similar experience, or has ideas about how to achieve a happy ending:

I have invested in some US silver coins (2010 silver eagles) purchased in the USA, for delivery to the UK and HMRC (Heavyweight Mafia Revenue Confiscators) have stopped delivery, demanding their extortion monies (otherwise they'll "send the boys 'round") lol!

I factored this likelihood in, but would of course prefer to deal freely, without government intervention stealing a large slice of this US - UK transaction.

So far, my argument is based on the coins being money, not collectable items:

VATFIN2110 - Money (including transfer of money) and related services: The legal provisions

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/vatfinmanual/VATFIN2110.htm

My plan is to provide a long list of reasons explaining to HMRC why these RAW coins with a dollar face value are legal tender and are not collectors items like numismatic coins (historical, aesthetic and rarity appeal of the coin)

Has anyone taken on the Mafioso and won?

Do you have any ideas which might help?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Happy trading!

:-)

Welcome.

collectors’ items” shall be taken to mean gold, silver or other metal coins or bank notes which are not normally used as legal tender or coins of numismatic interest

Do you think you can convince them that these coins are normally used as legal tender over there?

Any item purchased from Guernsey and posted to the UK under the commercial value of £18 is Vat free.

http://www.sarniasilver.com/

Silver Eagles from these guys are "£16.75 each inclusive of postage and packing to the UK." They deliver each coin separately.

Hello Green Investors,

Just found this forum and it is a fantastic resource, there is a lot of good advice here, so I would like to pose my situation and see if anyone has had a similar experience, or has ideas about how to achieve a happy ending:

I have invested in some US silver coins (2010 silver eagles) purchased in the USA, for delivery to the UK and HMRC (Heavyweight Mafia Revenue Confiscators) have stopped delivery, demanding their extortion monies (otherwise they'll "send the boys 'round") lol!

I factored this likelihood in, but would of course prefer to deal freely, without government intervention stealing a large slice of this US - UK transaction.

So far, my argument is based on the coins being money, not collectable items:

VATFIN2110 - Money (including transfer of money) and related services: The legal provisions

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/vatfinmanual/VATFIN2110.htm

My plan is to provide a long list of reasons explaining to HMRC why these RAW coins with a dollar face value are legal tender and are not collectors items like numismatic coins (historical, aesthetic and rarity appeal of the coin)

Has anyone taken on the Mafioso and won?

Do you have any ideas which might help?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Happy trading!

:-)

Afraid i cant help you here, but best of luck and be interested to hear how it goes.

Welcome to GEI too, we are generally a quite friendly bunch and its always good to get fresh blood.

• 1 month later...

Archived