gold getting hit hard today: -$16

drbubb

THE TIME TO BUY, is towards the end of corrections.

Personally, at $603, i think the worst of this one could be done - but no guarantees.

And i do not think now is the time to sell. Buying time could be any day, if oil stops falling.

the time to sell is in the sharp upward moves - let me guess, that's maybe hwen you bought?

i think we may see a surge over $800 sometime this year, and i plan to do some selling into it

Personally, at $603, i think the worst of this one could be done - but no guarantees.

And i do not think now is the time to sell. Buying time could be any day, if oil stops falling.

the time to sell is in the sharp upward moves - let me guess, that's maybe hwen you bought?

i think we may see a surge over $800 sometime this year, and i plan to do some selling into it

I bought around the $600 mark, so I'm not really losing anything. The money was in a gold fund and I wasn't happy with being invested in this manner. So I'll be looking for "smarter" ways to invest when I redeploy my capital, should oil stop falling.

As someone who loves to buy undervalued resource stocks, i love sharp corrections in metal prices to the downside, because the nervous lemmings that dont actually have a clue about the stock they are invested in and its intrinsic value, fall off the cliff and sell the shares, causing them to become cheap. Usually watch volume closely, and keep an eye on share register until i get the instinct that the nervous nellies are out. Often signalled by a drop in volume, even when metal prices continue to fall.

BuffetJr

Someone has to start the correction off, im starting to think that this is my role in life, i buy in hard to forse corrections.

Perhaps I should be asking this in the learning section, but why does a drop in oil pull back gold prices? Is it for stability reasons - a flight to gold when oil prices are high? Also I heard someone mentioning that the gradual decline in the dollar would be good for gold, but that a sudden economic shock would drag it down, which would be the opposite of my instinct in times of economic crisis?

BM

Archived