Advice on starting from Zero

Advice on starting from Zero

Hi there,

A short time ago I was finacially wiped out and now find myself slightly in debt (around 10K NZD - not to bad!) and lucky for me am on a government assisted benefit due to illness. Much to the annoyance of others I decided not to get a "job" but instead use my time ill to build a passive income online as I am only able to do a few hours a week before the pain and concentration problems overwhelm me. So far I am failing, but learning heaps. Sure I can get better... I know how to do it, just a little slow atm which is related to my illness.

After the debt is paid off and I have a small amount in reserve, what is the next financial goal I should set? I am not even sure if I should pay the debt as I could file a "No Asset Proceedure" which would mar my otherwise ok credit history. I don't feel great about that - logically I should but not in my nature to screw banks that way.

At present my children and I am in rented accommodation and we have no other relatives we can live with (all deceased), so just me, the kids and the debt. At least we are in New Zealand which is a blessing in itself. Where to from here??

Generating a "surplus" beyond your expenses is a great first step.

HERE ARE SOME OTHER TIPS, off the top of my head...

The next step, can often be to educate yourself on trading and investing.

Reading, studying, and research will help you find a trading or investing technique that suits your interests and skills.

Think about what specific knowledge you have, or can obtain, that others may not have. And also what economic value this knowledge may have.

Try to network with those of similar interests, but think for yourself, and take full responsibility for any trading and investment results you achieve.

Don't expect too much at first. And if you have great success with early investments be wary of becoming overconfident from "beginners luck."

After the debt is paid off and I have a small amount in reserve, what is the next financial goal I should set? I am not even sure if I should pay the debt as I could file a "No Asset Proceedure" which would mar my otherwise ok credit history. I don't feel great about that - logically I should but not in my nature to screw banks that way.

At present my children and I am in rented accommodation and we have no other relatives we can live with (all deceased), so just me, the kids and the debt. At least we are in New Zealand which is a blessing in itself. Where to from here??

Hi

Observations

1. You seem to have a genuine medical condition so you should not feel too bad about 2.

2. Defaulting on the banks may be the most sensible choice - the option to default is really for people in your circumstances and not stupid layabouts who have maxed out on credit cards and got lots of girls pregnant (although that may be mainly a UK "thing"). You will have to compare this to the damage to your credit history.

Have you thought of speaking to the banks and coming to a deal - if they understand your circumstances and medical issues they may be generous? In UK you have private companies that will negotiate for you for a cut.

3. You have kids and they should be your priority which brings me back to 2 defaulting may be sensible

Defaulting gets you off the hook legally. If in the future your circumstances turn around you can

always send the banks a cheque !

Other than that - good luck !

• 4 years later...

Good bump.

Hows the online business?

There are people out their making a good income on the internet.

I figure it must be easier in 24 months to get 1m subscribers to a Youtube account than to try and make a million offline in a job or conventional business at the same time.

If you can get a good formula, it doesn't cost a lot to get started, just time in learning new things, and you can do this in your spare time. From a traders point of view - there is low downside, and good upside if your video goes viral. Be a creator of content, not a consumer!

The Top 20 Youtube stars

http://www.businessinsider.com/richest-youtube-stars-2014-3?op=1

1 Million subscribers is amazing. I am very impressed by that

I saw that video, and thought: What a clever idea to dress up a dog like that, and give it a whacky role in a Video

VIEWS on the GuidoFox channel is climbing up fast, to approach 1 million minutes/ 62,000 views.

Should hit 1 million minutes in the next 3-4 weeks. But has only 215 subscribers so far.

The most successful video on the G-Fox channel has over 21,000 views:

Of the other 30+ videos on that channel, nothing else approaches it.

Why does it get 170 hits (with maybe 18 minutes, 29% of 63 mins. viewed) on the average day?

It must be the Title, plus Linda's name, plus the right Image to match.

As for content: She starts out: "The Vet opens up the cow..."

That's rather impactful, don't you think?

What do you make of THIS image, do you think it can help a very short 1 minute video go viral?

This is the right Week for the subject, I think. But it struggles to get traffic. Just 60+ views.

As you know the public are very fickle. I have a friend who sells giftware to the general public which he imports from the far east, India and China. If he selects what he considers is good quality products he barely sells anything. By contrast if he say buys a job lot full of largely tacky products it sells!

Youtube Age demographics. The younger kids I know spend most of their time either watching music, jokes or film videos. To make it viral it perhaps needs a large comedy element.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1715072?hl=en

Thanks for the great tips

Youtube Age demographics. The younger kids I know spend most of their time either watching music, jokes or film videos. To make it viral it perhaps needs a large comedy element.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1715072?hl=en

I wonder what that Demographic group is worth?

(Here's a completely pointless video, with over 50 million views. Why?):

Annoying Orange - Annoying Orange Wazzup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL_qGMfbtAk

(The Creator has been hired by Google as an instructor)

The Huge # of Hits must be "like Gold" to someone who has something to sell to that group.

Most of them do not have their own source of income, so they may be reliant on "their allowances."

That means only certain types of products.

If YouTube is paying for the ads, then they will know how to monetize that.

If you want to do something different - like WAKE UP the people who might change the world

through their Votes, and their ability to influence key decisions (see below), then the Young,

under 21-years-old with lots of free time, may not be the ideal target.

All these notions of matching content and demographic are the key thing for any business someone may want to build.

I AM LOOKING FOR BETA-TESTERs !!

a_zpsda251a21.gif : Click on Link(s) at the Top of GEI-website or below

it is for GEI's newly rebooted "A-Core" Networking section:

========

What HELP is Needed?

Just this: Visit these sections, and post a few comments, as you think is appropriate.

(Suggestions on how to improve the networking experience are welcome.)

This is to pick up where the old GEI-Networking section left off, and also to invite NEW PEOPLE,

who may be a bit too "New Age-oriented" to post in the traditional GEI trading and discussion sections.

This new part of the site is for them. But there will also be discussion of projects and entrepreneurial

activities.

From the Beta-stage Acore website, this will help to describe:

"Enough people are awake now, to change the world...
But they need to be working together, with common intent."
(Zen Gardner)

Links to Awakening Core Forums:
A-Core (Public)
A-Core (Private)
Join: Acore/GEI

Join our Awakening Core Team (ACT)...

The Forums are for communication and networking. The long term plans aim for something much bigger than just chat. We expect to offer videos, interviews, research, breaking-News, Skype chatrooms, and more. Depending on the intent of our members, we may also have conferences, and events, and perhaps activities at the local level. The idea for ACT grew out of a desire for self-government, and the idea of "setting up a government as it should be... with Wisdom councils." These would ideally involve active participation by elders, scientists, and shaman, rather than the same-old psychopathic politicians.

The initial focus will be on communications: Creating and building a Forum, making videos to help advance the A-Core projects, as well as on subject that are in harmony with ACT's objectives.

Great ! Thanks.

BTW,

YouTube's CREATOR Academy, has some good suggestions for building a better channel:

https://www.youtube.com/yt/creators/education.html

(I probably have much to learn there)

Archived