16 replies to this topic

#1 surfdude

surfdude

Tri-Centurion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:09 AM

I recently received this information through an investment site in Hong Kong. Some of you may have heard of investing in Argentinean Farmland through the invest vehicle called GREEN GOLD. SCS Farmland is a similar oportunity to invest in cultivated land in Argentina. It is through a company called Food Water and Energy SA (FWE) and the returns look attractive.

I would like to hear if others have invested in Green Gold or considered buying farm land for investment and opinions about this. One reservation I have is that the investment in in $US or English Pounds and I wonder what their purchasing power will be in 5 or 10 years when the investment come to maturity. I fear a huge debasement in these currencies and thus the returns gained could be negligible in the future. Thoughts?

Here is some information on SCS Farmland:

Overview

SCS Farmland enables investors to own fully managed farm land and receive a fixed return.

SCS Farmland follows the huge success of Greengold. Greengold was launched in early 2007 and raised almost £10million from private buyers. More than 3,800 hectares of investors' farm land is currently in production - with a proven track record of Investors' returns being paid in full and on time.

Why Invest?

· Minimum Investment is just $16,000 or £12,000

· Investment and returns can be in $USD or £GBP

· 160% net total fixed return after 10 years

· 66% net total fixed return after 5 years

· Eligible for SIPP & SSAS

· Secure Exit Strategy

"I have looked at the investment very carefully, I have seen the land in operation and I am very happy to invest”

Mr Lamont, Hampshire

Global Recession

During a global recession it is important to invest in things that people need not what people want. There will always be a demand for food, whatever the economic climate.

During the current economic climate you’re not seeing the West eating less as their economies downturn and populations become poorer - they’re consuming the same volume of food but are just buying cheaper versions of it eg. Shopping in discount supermarkets instead of established supermarkets - this is evident in increased profits and market share for the discount supermarkets.

Food still has to be consumed during a downturn.

With 75million extra people in the world every year, demand for food is increasing, and will continue to increase, despite a world recession.

The Returns

Returns are as follows:

5 Year Investment

Year 1 = 9%

Year 2 = 9%

Year 3 = 10%

Year 4 = 11%

Year 5 = 12%

At the end of year 5 the initial sum invested plus 15% is paid to the Investor.

Total Return: 66%

10 Year Investment

Year 1 = 10%

Year 2 = 10%

Year 3 = 11%

Year 4 = 11%

Year 5 = 12%

Year 6 = 12%

Year 7 = 13%

Year 8 = 13%

Year 9 = 14%

Year 10 = 14%

At the end of year 10 the initial sum invested plus 40% is paid to the Investor.

Total Return: 160%

Summary

After the huge success of Greengold, SCS Farmland offers investors the chance to acquire productive farmland in Northern Argentina, with a secure undertaking to re-purchase the land over 5 or 10 years as the investor chooses.

The investor purchases a portion of farmland currently under cultivation. The land is then re-purchased through annual payments followed by a large final payment. Over 5 years the capital gain is 66%. Over 10 years the capital gain is 160%.

Investors' funds are used to bring marginal land under cultivation, which increases income and increases total food production.

As security, a third extra adjoining land is placed in trust with an independent UK company acting on the investor's behalf.

Further Information

Why invest in farmland?

Why invest in SCS Farmland?

Safety in turbulent times

Visiting the land

“Cash in on the rush to secure quality farmland” MoneyWeek Magazine

#2 samjane1

samjane1

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE (surfdude @ Mar 25 2009, 08:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I recently received this information through an investment site in Hong Kong. Some of you may have heard of investing in Argentinean Farmland through the invest vehicle called GREEN GOLD. SCS Farmland is a similar oportunity to invest in cultivated land in Argentina. It is through a company called Food Water and Energy SA (FWE) and the returns look attractive.

I would like to hear if others have invested in Green Gold or considered buying farm land for investment and opinions about this. One reservation I have is that the investment in in $US or English Pounds and I wonder what their purchasing power will be in 5 or 10 years when the investment come to maturity. I fear a huge debasement in these currencies and thus the returns gained could be negligible in the future. Thoughts?

Here is some information on SCS Farmland:

Overview

SCS Farmland enables investors to own fully managed farm land and receive a fixed return.

SCS Farmland follows the huge success of Greengold. Greengold was launched in early 2007 and raised almost £10million from private buyers. More than 3,800 hectares of investors' farm land is currently in production - with a proven track record of Investors' returns being paid in full and on time.

Why Invest?

· Minimum Investment is just $16,000 or £12,000

· Investment and returns can be in $USD or £GBP

· 160% net total fixed return after 10 years

· 66% net total fixed return after 5 years

· Eligible for SIPP & SSAS

· Secure Exit Strategy

"I have looked at the investment very carefully, I have seen the land in operation and I am very happy to invest”

Mr Lamont, Hampshire

Global Recession

During a global recession it is important to invest in things that people need not what people want. There will always be a demand for food, whatever the economic climate.

During the current economic climate you’re not seeing the West eating less as their economies downturn and populations become poorer - they’re consuming the same volume of food but are just buying cheaper versions of it eg. Shopping in discount supermarkets instead of established supermarkets - this is evident in increased profits and market share for the discount supermarkets.

Food still has to be consumed during a downturn.

With 75million extra people in the world every year, demand for food is increasing, and will continue to increase, despite a world recession.

The Returns

Returns are as follows:

5 Year Investment

Year 1 = 9%

Year 2 = 9%

Year 3 = 10%

Year 4 = 11%

Year 5 = 12%

10 Year Investment

Year 1 = 10%

Year 2 = 10%

Year 3 = 11%

Year 4 = 11%

Year 5 = 12%

Year 6 = 12%

Year 7 = 13%

Year 8 = 13%

Year 9 = 14%

Year 10 = 14%

At the end of year 10 the initial sum invested plus 40% is paid to the Investor.

Summary

After the huge success of Greengold, SCS Farmland offers investors the chance to acquire productive farmland in Northern Argentina, with a secure undertaking to re-purchase the land over 5 or 10 years as the investor chooses.

The investor purchases a portion of farmland currently under cultivation. The land is then re-purchased through annual payments followed by a large final payment. Over 5 years the capital gain is 66%. Over 10 years the capital gain is 160%.

Investors' funds are used to bring marginal land under cultivation, which increases income and increases total food production.

As security, a third extra adjoining land is placed in trust with an independent UK company acting on the investor's behalf.

Further Information

Why invest in farmland?

Why invest in SCS Farmland?

Safety in turbulent times

Visiting the land

“Cash in on the rush to secure quality farmland” MoneyWeek Magazine

Hi my name is Samantha Peacock and I work at The Property & Land Exchange. I too have been doing research on this investment, if you would like to discuss further then please call me on 02380661166.

#3 PricedOutNative

PricedOutNative

Tri-Centurion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:24 AM

Odd reply...

QUOTE (samjane1 @ Apr 24 2009, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi my name is Samantha Peacock and I work at The Property & Land Exchange. I too have been doing research on this investment, if you would like to discuss further then please call me on 02380661166.

Ah, the 21st Century; it's not all HAL and obelisks.

#4 Ziknik

Ziknik

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,791 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE (surfdude @ Mar 25 2009, 08:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Returns

Returns are as follows:

5 Year Investment

Year 1 = 9%

Year 2 = 9%

Year 3 = 10%

Year 4 = 11%

Year 5 = 12%

10 Year Investment

Year 1 = 10%

Year 2 = 10%

Year 3 = 11%

Year 4 = 11%

Year 5 = 12%

Year 6 = 12%

Year 7 = 13%

Year 8 = 13%

Year 9 = 14%

Year 10 = 14%

Way too risky in my view.

Look at what happened to GBP.vs.RPI in the last recessions

1967 .. 2.5
1968 .. 4.7
1969 .. 5.4
1970 .. 6.4
1971 .. 9.4
1972 .. 7.1
1973 .. 9.2
1974 .. 16
1975 .. 24.2
1976 .. 16.5
1977 .. 15.8
1978 .. 8.3
1979 .. 13.4
1980 .. 18
1981 .. 11.9
1982 .. 8.6
1983 .. 4.6
1984 .. 5
1985 .. 6.1
1986 .. 3.4
1987 .. 4.2
1988 .. 4.9
1989 .. 7.8
1990 .. 9.5
1991 .. 5.9
1992 .. 3.7
1993 .. 1.6

#5 Paul Miller

Paul Miller

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 02:48 PM

see http://www.travelsur...es/20/2591.html

Sorry but my english is not good.
I was speaking:
movewithus.com.ar
food-water-energy.com
saam-sa.com

In all company FABIO ROIS and Claudio ROIS as CEO.

This looks alarming
Why not sale proyect "Greengold" in www.movewithus.com.ar ??? and yes in www.movewithus.es ???

NO ONE in Argentina should be saying they can GUARANTEE any % per year on most investments.

Green Gold Capital, Optimun, Equity ...
SCS Farmland proyect

I am not saying investing in South America is a bad thing. I'm saying take care with this:
FABIO ROIS
CLAUDIO ROIS
movewithus.com.ar
food-water-energy.com
saam-sa.com
Green Gold
SCS Farmland

Good luck all.

#6 Paul Miller

Paul Miller

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 01:53 AM

TAKE CARE !!!!

LOOK THIS !!!

http://www.seprin.co...r...amp;ucat=4

#7 surfdude

surfdude

Tri-Centurion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:27 AM

QUOTE (Paul Miller @ Sep 18 2009, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TAKE CARE !!!!

LOOK THIS !!!

http://www.seprin.co...r...amp;ucat=4

Hi Paul,

I wonder if you can give us a brief summary of the article as most on GEI are not fluent in Spanish. Does the article indicate that the people behind Green Gold are trying to scam the investors?

Cheers!

#8 hotsteve

hotsteve

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (surfdude @ Sep 18 2009, 06:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Paul,

I wonder if you can give us a brief summary of the article as most on GEI are not fluent in Spanish. Does the article indicate that the people behind Green Gold are trying to scam the investors?

Cheers!

This is what it translates to (roughly)

http://translate.goo...?hl...l=en&sa=G

Are you an investor?

#9 fitkid

fitkid

Millennium man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (hotsteve @ Sep 30 2009, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is what it translates to (roughly)

http://translate.goo...?hl...l=en&sa=G

Are you an investor?

I cant believe that any body looking at this wouldnt be interested in my PRIME COASTAL REAL ESTATE OPPURTUNITY JUST OUTSIDE ZURICH. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
I ALSO HAVE SOME FLOURIDATED WATER FOR SALE.

Dont TRADE and lose your knickers.

#10 azazel

azazel

Millennium man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:54 PM

No thread about green gold would be complete with out this

#11 Paul Miller

Paul Miller

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:09 PM

RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE STRANGE ALBERTO FERNANDEZ AND BRITISH COMPANIES usurping GOVERNMENT LAND.

We are aware of the predilection of the former Cabinet Chief Alberto Fernandez and by the Puerto Madero area .. a nice place to ride, very safe, and access However there is a shadowy plot of a series of UK companies, who have seized fields to build Country ... And nothing less than the bank's Néstor Kirchner's sister, Alicia ..

History, spent a little lost on some media but not for the British Embassy, or the Argentine government, and seem to be the tip of an iceberg that may have unsuspected political and diplomatic plots:

Unbelievable: They sell through internet in Donadeu usurped fields and CEO of real estate involves English

serious situation would impinge on areas of more than 1000 acres owned by the group and Cordoba Giordano, involving a senior executive in a suggestively English Estate is also denounced by the national government for misappropriating a field in Campana (Buenos Aires ). "

In court sources could know they were in the Courthouse Giordano group representatives (a company with investments in Cordoba province, Cordoba, Formosa, and Paraguay) working on a complaint against Favio Rois, executive movewithus Argentina, Inmobiliaria, a British company for some years settled in Puerto Madero, with the objective of creating enterprises in the field, but after six months was reported by the Ministry of Social Development's Office tried to build a country because in a property of that organization .

In Santiago del Estero, Rois, is involved in processing the court case mentioned group, in the hands of Judge Ramon Tarchini. These same fields, usurped internet are offered by investors from other countries as a business that provides excellent profitability.

According to the investigation by this means, Rois fraction would seek to seize the head northwest part of Lot 91 in Donadeu, an area with 3255 hectares of which 1200 have already invaded the group Giordano.

The complaint was made by their representatives in early July 2008, after he became aware that some entered the farm machinery. On that occasion, a representative of Rois, identified as Daniel Fonseca, said that entering the endorsement of a lawyer with the Capital who also represents Rois. However, Giordano's representatives lodged the complaint and obtained a measure that allowed them to regain power on the farm. But days later, those close to Rois re-entered the field with a resolution of a civil court under his arm, ignoring the extent of Criminal Justice that benefited Giordano. They currently have custody of the property with armed private security and even planted without even having permission.

Thereafter, there was a series of court filings, where Rois represante even wants to ensure that the land was the father of Rois and acquired in 1985 with dubious deeds and even quoted a clerk who no longer lives.

For its part, Giordano submitted all official documentation from the acquisition of the same in 2002. And to have the documentation of the Land Registry, where according to the known, Rois not inscribed in the register.

How emotional the issue is that this situation begins with documentation provided by Rois in September 2007 (six months after the British settlement of the estate in Buenos Aires) and recently in June 2008 met judgments and attempting to enter those fields .

However, it is known that Giordano would have already met with the State Attorney, Dr. Raul Abate, who would have the knowledge of the situation before the usurpation by the people of Rois. In the same vein, also reported the situation timely, the Minister of Government of the Province. Now, they would be awaiting a decision by the judge Tarchini Saavedra.

on the website www.verdantwealth.com, on the link http://verdantwealth...rt_GRPA01VW.pdf you can see, in English, the details of the project course offered to unscrupulous investors.

The company's strategy would be based on theoretically capture those investors who bring a certain amount of money for five years to multiply significantly, although in reality, those fields where supposedly reversed, are seized, planted and maintained possession as he can , obtaining possession of land extending while working with the judicial delay in resolving the case. In that context, I should mention that this cause is now almost two years without resolution and accused of theft in the possession of the field and sowing crops, despite not being licensed to a clearing plan.

Rois y Movewithus Rois and movewithus
Rois is the executive in Argentina appointed by the British real estate offices movewithus who settled in Puerto Madero in early 2007. . From there, Rois announced the development of real estate investments in the area where Bell wanted to build a country club and sell it in England. . The project provided for the construction of an exclusive country of 360 hectares in the game Campana Buenos Aires. La oferta para los interesados en invertir fue publicada en una página de Internet británica. The offer for those interested in investing was published in a British website. The land sale were usurped and belong to the Argentine state. Following the complaint, the Justice and evacuated the building company.

The eviction was ordered by federal judge Campana, Federico Faggionato Marquez.

The project, according to the website www.movewithus.co.uk is called Silver Tree Country Club and 1500 square feet cost about 25,000 pounds, equivalent to 150,000 pesos.

The field belongs to the National Secretariat for Children, Youth and Family, the Ministry of Social Development, by Alicia Kirchner.

The theft was discovered by employees of the secretariat on a tour of the various fields has dependence. . That covered, the officials discovered, thanks to a remarkable poster, a project to build the country. Entonces, Then, el Ministerio de Desarrollo Social presentó una denuncia penal. the Ministry of Social Development filed a criminal complaint.

In the eviction, plus Faggionato Marquez and Walter were Jayat Leprich Fabian, auditor and counsel of the National Secretariat for Children, Youth and Family, respectively, and agents of the Federal Police and the Buenos Aires police troops.

The land where it was intended to build the country are leased by the said secretariat and the dividends are financed with the various tasks and institutes is responsible for national dependence.

COMPANIES

www.movewithus.com.ar www.movewithus.com.ar

www.food-water-energy.com www.food-water-energy.com

www.saam-sa.com www.saam-sa.com

Los dos pumas The two cougars

Agropampeana Agropampeana

#12 Paul Miller

Paul Miller

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:10 PM

LINK

http://www.santiagoy...n...s&Itemid=60

#13 AFH

AFH

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE (Paul Miller @ Oct 9 2009, 03:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi all - my wife bought a Silver Tree (STCC) plot via movewithus in the UK a few yrs ago for 16k GBP. Progress etc has been slow - the above chain probably explains why... We were not 'active' investors - we planned to sit on it and wait and see and looked to movewithus to have done the due diligence. Until I searched and found the above chain, I had no idea re the issues with the land in Argentina quoted in the newspaper - though we had been told of issues with planning permission etc.

My wife was recently approached by Silver Tree (or at least their UK rep who has been the contact since day one) to offer a free switch to a plot in Camino Real Country Club given the 'delays' with STCC. Apparently, the 'founders' behind STCC separately bought a portion of the Camino Real land (equivalent of maybe 200 plots there?) and due to difficulties at STCC, are proposing a switch (at zero additional cost). Over the last few months due to the delay with STCC, they have been paying a 'yield' on a monthly basis on the original investment amount (16k GBP in our case). Since July 09 we've been receiving quarterly payments (one in July, one in Oct received) equivalent to 8% pa on the original investment amount - this has given us some comfort as to their intentions etc. If STCC were a complete scam, I would expect all trace to have disappeared.

In any case, the options they have presented are:

1. Stay with STCC and they are 'confident' the issues will be resolved but don't know how long it will take (years...). Continue to receive the yield each quarter (8%).

2. Switch to Camino Real which they claim goes on the market in Argentina to local buyers in Dec 2009 at 80k USD.

3. Get your original investment amount back within 90 days of requesting.

We have requested our money back.

What surprised me was just how hard it was to find anything about STCC, Camino Real or any associated info online (until I came across this bulletin board). This was a big factor in requesting our money back.

I guess we'll find out in 90 days whether we get our money back or not. The fact we were receiving the 8% pa gives me some small hope we might. As an aside, the STCC person in the UK says the majority of original STCC investors have elected to switch to plots in Camino Real Country Club.

It seems odd to me that there appears to have been no press in the UK re STCC or indeed movewithus. I will point out that we became clients of movewithus precisely because they were a well established and well known UK company. We recognised that we were not qualified to assess land investment opportunities in Argentina or other distant places. Any investment they brought to us (we have 3 separate investments with them) we assumed to have undergone appropriate due diligence. Yet with the issues in Argentina with STCC, we have not heard from movewithus and I cannot find anything in the UK press online pointing to the problems referenced on this bulletin board. We will follow up with movewithus separately as well.

I am interested in any further insight anyone may have. In particular, to hear from any other STCC and movewithus investors. I'm also curious if anyone knows anything more about Camino Real. Any Argentine residents know of it ? Its supposed to be quite far along in development - but listening to the exchange in this forum, other than a website, I question does it even really exist ?

Thanks for the info above - its was very enlightening. In particular the Argentine newspaper article. Lets see if we get our money back inside 90 days !!

Regards.......

#14 AFH

AFH

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:38 PM

Just as a follow up. We asked Silver Tree for our money back rather than switching and within a very short space of time, we received the full original investment amount back into our bank account. This was in addition to a few hundred quid 'rent' received each of the prior 2 quarters.

To be fair to Silver Tree, this certainly makes me feel more positive towards them and I hope that those who do switch to Camino Real do very well.

#15 LauraB

LauraB

Millennium man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
  • Interests:The Infinite. Music, esp. JS Bach. Self-sufficient peasant living, with comfort.

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:26 PM

Gosh! - all these new posters. How could we go wrong rolleyes.gif

#16 Paul Miller

Paul Miller

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 06:00 PM

Tuesday, 15 December 2009 | The investments offered as if they were foreign investors soybean. Aún no hay resolución. Still no resolution.

A serious situation would impinge on areas of more than 1,000 acres owned by the group involves Giordano Cordovan a senior executive of an English estate, a company that is also suggestively denounced by the national government for misappropriating a field in Campana (Buenos Aires).

In court sources, Nuevo Diario learned that they were in the Courthouse Giordano group representatives (a company with investments in Cordoba province, Cordoba, Formosa, and Paraguay) working on a complaint against Favio Rois, in Argentina of the executive Real movewithus, a British company for some years settled in Puerto Madero, with the aim of making undertakings in the field, but after six months was reported by the Ministry of Social Development's Office tried to build a country for a property of that agency.

In Santiago del Estero, Rois is involved in processing the court case mentioned group, in the hands of Judge Ramon Saavedra Tarchini. These same fields, usurped by the Internet are offered to investors from other countries as a business that provides excellent profitability.
According to the investigation by New Journal, Rois fraction would seek to seize the head northwest part of Lot 91 in Donadeu, an area with 3255 hectares of which 1,200 have already invaded the group Giordano.

Making complaints
The complaint was made by their representatives in early July 2008, after he became aware that some entered the farm machinery. On that occasion, a representative of Rois, identified as Daniel Fonseca, said that entering the endorsement of a lawyer with the Capital who also represents Rois.

However, Giordano's representatives lodged the complaint and obtained a measure that allowed them to regain power on the campus of mention. But days later, those close to Rois re-entered the field with a resolution of a civil court under his arm, ignoring the extent of Criminal Justice that benefited Giordano.

Armed guard
Currently, Rois has custody of the property with armed private security and even planted without even being licensed to perform clearing.
From there, he produced a series of court filings, where the representative of Rois even wants to ensure that the land was the father of Rois and acquired in 1985 with dubious deeds and even quoted a clerk who no longer lives .
For its part, Giordano submitted all official documentation from the acquisition of the same in 2002.
And to have the documentation of the Land Registry, where according to the known, Rois not inscribed in the register.

How emotional the issue
How emotional the issue is that this situation begins with documentation provided by Rois in September 2007 (six months after the British settlement of the estate in Buenos Aires), and only in the month of June 2008 judgments were known and the attempted enter those fields.
However, it is known that Giordano would have already met with the State Attorney, Dr. Raul Abate, who would have the knowledge of the situation before the usurpation by the people of Rois.
So Prosecution of State and acted as an interested party regarding the alleged falsification of public documents from the Land Registry and the scriptures. In the same vein, also reported the situation in due course to local government minister.

However, several months awaiting a decision by the judge Tarchini Ramon Saavedra.

http://www.nuevodiar...na_Donadeu.html

http://translate.goo...na_Donadeu.html

#17 Paul Miller

Paul Miller

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:50 AM

http://www.lavoz.com...ado-santiagueno

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users