#4281 tinecu

tinecu

Tri-Centurion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:31 PM

I raed this earlier.
What the hell are they doing shutting down 95% of their nuclear capacity while being so over indebted, and having to import the difference in nat gas.

Fukushima was shocking and tragic , but they are compounding their problems.
I think the Japanese are loosing control I'm afraid.

The japs lost control when they went for ZIRP. Remarkable how long they could perpetuate that. However the asset bubbles it stimulated around the globe were monumental.
We are now suffering the consequences AND its ZIRP for all!!

#4282 G0ldfinger

G0ldfinger

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,505 posts
  • Interests:Hoarding gold.

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:02 AM

http://www.dailypost...55578-30395414/

Welsh council workers face third year without pay rise
THOUSANDS of council workers in Wales are facing a pay freeze for a third year, prompting threats of strike action by union chiefs.

The ‘unprecedented’ move – affecting about 25,000 staff in North Wales – was blamed on rising costs and shrinking funding for council services.

Council chiefs insisted that pay increases would cause more job losses and further cuts to essential services.

(1) 3 years at 5% inflation is -15%. Well done for the Welsh workers, Merv!

(2) But, but, but, how can there be rising costs when there is no money people's hands? (Well, all I can say is, you have to ask the right people to get the right answer... :lol:)

(3) Triple whammy: (i) houses down, (ii) prices up, (iii) income stagnant. Some expected it...
You can't tax deflation.
“Currency Induced Cost-Push Hyperinflation” vs “Demand-Pull (non-hyper) Inflation.”
The "no income --> no inflation"-thesis is as wrong as the "price control --> inflation control"-thesis.
Don't TRADE gold! You might lose your shirt in the biggest bull run ever. That would be embarassing. © possibly by Swampy
Posted Image
Gold, silver, property, currencies, commodities charts.

#4283 halight

halight

Millennium man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:14 PM

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/2012/02/24/welsh-council-workers-face-third-year-without-pay-rise-55578-30395414/

(1) 3 years at 5% inflation is -15%. Well done for the Welsh workers, Merv!

(2) But, but, but, how can there be rising costs when there is no money people's hands? (Well, all I can say is, you have to ask the right people to get the right answer... :lol:)

(3) Triple whammy: (i) houses down, (ii) prices up, (iii) income stagnant. Some expected it...

At the place that i work, there has been no payrise for 5 years now. 2007 was the last year. So if there is no rise again this year it will be 6 years ? people are now starting to find its getting harder to make there pay cover all the outgoings. Most are lucky that there partners work part or full time. But i do not belive that inflation is running at 5% or lower. I belive that its somewere between 7-10% for the AV family.
Please visit my book store,

http://astore.amazon...uk/investbar-21

#4284 chris ct

chris ct

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:13 PM

At the place that i work, there has been no payrise for 5 years now. 2007 was the last year. So if there is no rise again this year it will be 6 years ? people are now starting to find its getting harder to make there pay cover all the outgoings. Most are lucky that there partners work part or full time. But i do not belive that inflation is running at 5% or lower. I belive that its somewere between 7-10% for the AV family.

No pay rise for me for 3 years. Still, my expenditure is way below my pay for now. I do still have some ability to save or buy luxuries, or splurge on collectibles. For now. BUT the power of the exponential is something to behold. Compounding 5-10% per year cost push inflation will wipe out a lot of disposable montly income in a few years...
http://tinyurl.com/yjnqo5p
All I wanna hear is that JPM is soon going to explode in a gigantic supernova that will take the Fed, Goldman, AIG, UBS, HSBC, Citi, and BofA with it, leaving behind a white dwarf that we will name "God's work".
The reason for this? see 1984 thread: "http://tinyurl.com/yepltr6" ak47 bomb bioweapon semtex ar15 glock 7.62mm allah jesus buddah fuse ricin plot plan operation grenade rocket ied phone poison anthrax airport runway invasion armor body bullet explosive hollowpoint explode gas mask NBC dirty plutonium nuke suitcase gas needle hypodermic

#4285 Jake

Jake

Millennium man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,588 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

I raed this earlier.
What the hell are they doing shutting down 95% of their nuclear capacity while being so over indebted, and having to import the difference in nat gas.

Because they realize that any quake around 6.0 or above will destroy the power stations and wreak HAVOC on the 'local' area+ 250km. We are finding out the 'true cost' of 'cheap' nuclear fuel...and the ramifications that has on a society that then shuns a whole areas agricultural produce/real estate/brides/second hand cars/you name it. Can you imagine if your locale was destroyed thanks to radiation and 80,000 people lost their homes and property, their children probable cancer?

Faced with it, I think the Japanese that live in the countryside where these power stations are situated no longer believe or trust in nuclear power nor their governments ability to protect them should anything go wrong. So they will stay off until those the consensus is fooled/convinced otherwise.

Japan is in the shit. And there is a financial tsunami heading right toward her. Dangerous days and hard choices.
"We are reaping what has been sown over the last three decades of creating a grotesquely unequal society with an ethos of grab as much as you can by any means. A society of looters created by MPs and their expenses, bankers and their bonuses, tax-evading corporations, hacking journalists, bribe-taking police officers, and now a group of alienated kids are seizing their chance. This is not to condone but to understand." - John McDonnell MP

"Things got a bit out of hand & we'd had a few drinks. We smashed the place up and Boris set fire to the toilets."
David Cameron, 7th June 1986.

#4286 halight

halight

Millennium man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:54 AM

John Williams: Warning - Monetary Base Spikes to Historic Level

http://kingworldnews...oric_Level.html

#4287 G0ldfinger

G0ldfinger

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,505 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:17 AM

http://www.bloomberg...-estimated.html

Euro-Area Banks Tap ECB for Record Amount of Three-Year Cash
Euro-area banks tapped the European Central Bank for a record amount of three-year cash in an operation that may boost bond and equity markets.

The Frankfurt-based ECB said today it will lend 800 financial institutions 529.5 billion euros ($712.2 billion) for 1,092 days. Economists predicted an allotment of 470 billion euros, according to the median of 28 estimates in a Bloomberg News survey. In the ECB’s first three-year operation in December, 523 banks borrowed 489 billion euros.

Make no mistake: this clearly is hyper-deflationary action! They did NOT print this money. No, they found it in the back garden in Kaiserstraße 29 in 60311 Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
You can't tax deflation.
“Currency Induced Cost-Push Hyperinflation” vs “Demand-Pull (non-hyper) Inflation.”
The "no income --> no inflation"-thesis is as wrong as the "price control --> inflation control"-thesis.
Don't TRADE gold! You might lose your shirt in the biggest bull run ever. That would be embarassing. © possibly by Swampy
Posted Image

#4288 Manual labourer

Manual labourer

Tri-Centurion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:52 PM

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-02-29/banks-in-europe-tap-ecb-for-more-three-year-cash-than-economists-estimated.html

Make no mistake: this clearly is hyper-deflationary action! They did NOT print this money. No, they found it in the back garden in Kaiserstraße 29 in 60311 Frankfurt am Main, Germany.

How much money could be printed/absorbed before it will go hyper ?

#4289 G0ldfinger

G0ldfinger

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,505 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:25 PM

How much money could be printed/absorbed before it will go hyper ?

We ARE hyper. For now in money supply, later in retail prices.
You can't tax deflation.
Posted Image

#4290 halight

halight

Millennium man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-02-29/banks-in-europe-tap-ecb-for-more-three-year-cash-than-economists-estimated.html

What will happen when its time to pay the money back ? Thats a lot of money to take out of the system in one go. Do you think that the free money, sorry loans will be extended ? or at least some of the money will be ?
Or will it all be forgoten about and written off ?

#4291 InternationalRockSuperstar

InternationalRockSuperstar

Millennium man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

What will happen when its time to pay the money back ? Thats a lot of money to take out of the system in one go. Do you think that the free money, sorry loans will be extended ? or at least some of the money will be ?
Or will it all be forgoten about and written off ?

a bunch of bankrupt financial institutions cannot pay the money back; therefore they won't.

#4292 tinecu

tinecu

Tri-Centurion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

http://www.fwi.co.uk...ces-to-soar.htm

Interesting article.

The reasoning behind the price rises and the frantic buying of soya by China is all wrong of course but IMHO it shows that we are not far from Hyperinflationary disaster. Protein is as vital as the air we breath.

Dr Bubb: I think you have shot yourself in the foot. Losing Goldfinger is a poster on this blog is a disaster.
Somehow, I'm reminded of the drummer that quit Genesis and missed out on the whole adventure.
I guess I'm posting here out of habit rather than preference. I need to find another forum.

#4293 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63,348 posts
  • Interests:Trading and investing in stocks and commodities. Writing articles on related subjects, while building this website. I am interested in creating ways for communities

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:41 AM

http://www.fwi.co.uk/Articles/07/03/2012/131788/Unsettled-weather-causes-feed-prices-to-soar.htm

Interesting article.

The reasoning behind the price rises and the frantic buying of soya by China is all wrong of course but IMHO it shows that we are not far from Hyperinflationary disaster. Protein is as vital as the air we breath.

Dr Bubb: I think you have shot yourself in the foot. Losing Goldfinger is a poster on this blog is a disaster.
Somehow, I'm reminded of the drummer that quit Genesis and missed out on the whole adventure.
I guess I'm posting here out of habit rather than preference. I need to find another forum.

Who did the "shooting"? I didn't ask GK to leave. He chose to leave.

That is his decision not mine. If he and his entourage have left the site, that is their decision.

Obviously, I have some mixed feelings about it. We will miss intelligent commentary that some of them contributed. But the amount of critical "mud" being slung was interferring with the flow of conversation and thought development on this site - making it impossible to develop some of the more subtle topics that interest me and many others here. The "mud" will not be missed. And if some come back to throw more, they will be delt with in a more rapid fashion than before.

On the otehr hand, if GF or any of the others I call "purists", what to come and post in a constructive way, they will be welcome here.

I should emphasize this: If you want this site to be some more useful to you, then you (and others) may have to take a larger role in starting threads and keeping them alive. Else those who do continue posting may take the site in their own direction.
The market is "bipolar", swinging back and forth from a focus on Inflation to Deflation. Bet on swings; and stay flexible. What are bipolar markets? See: http://tinyurl.com/GEI-Manix

#4294 d2thdr

d2thdr

.§.My Precious.§.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 813 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Cricket, Polo, Cooking.

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:17 PM

So when people say that QE is unfair, yes it is, but that unfortunately is the intention. Or as Paul Tucker, deputy Governor of the Bank of England, put it to the Commons Treasury Select Committee last week, if the Monetary Policy Committee were to start worrying about the effect of policy on every interest group, it would never do anything.

I doubt his audience had any idea what he was talking about when Ron Paul, the US presidential hopeful, declared that "we are all Austrians now", but you have to be a true believer in that particular school of economics to think that doing nothing at all might actually have some merit. Would the world be any worse off without central banks? Well, they don't seem to have done too well in recent years. They seem to be like the grand old Duke of York, marching things up to the top of the hill only to march them down again. Why not just stay in the same place?

It's an amusing thought, but the history of money before the advent of modern central banking is not reassuring.

My link

We are going hyper as GF says.
All I do is take these funny little rectangular pieces of paper or those electronic digits that appear on my computer screen that our zombie banks and governments call money and I turn them into silver and gold. The medieval alchemists never even go close to that miracle! I am turning paper into gold, it's awesome! We should be thanking the collective boneheads who make this magic possible.

FREEGOLD
V/S SLAVEGOLD

Gold coins then bank storage then gold lending then gold certificate use then lending of certificates then certificates are declared paper money then overprinted then gold backing removed then price inflation then,,,,,, we begin again. But this time it's different the hard money crowd say. Yes, it is. Only the time has changed-- FOA

The best thing about eating gold is pooping gold. Don't eat ETF GLD paper though, it's boring and painful to poop out.

#4295 Manual labourer

Manual labourer

Tri-Centurion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:34 PM

We ARE hyper. For now in money supply, later in retail prices.

What are peoples time frames on Europe/ the west going Hyper!? :unsure:

next week 6 months 2 years 10 years or never ?

Regards

ML

#4296 igglepiggle

igglepiggle

Millennium man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:24 AM

Regards

ML

How do you define hyper? Our household costs increase very noticeably every year. Inflation certainly doesn't seem like a "stealth" tax anymore. Inflation is certainly much more than the reported 4-5%.

PS Also the cost of gold sovereigns has gone through the roof!

#4297 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63,348 posts
  • Interests:Trading and investing in stocks and commodities. Writing articles on related subjects, while building this website. I am interested in creating ways for communities

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

Regards ML

no sign yet.
why bet on something far away?
The market is "bipolar", swinging back and forth from a focus on Inflation to Deflation. Bet on swings; and stay flexible. What are bipolar markets? See: http://tinyurl.com/GEI-Manix

#4298 halight

halight

Millennium man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:14 PM

How do you define hyper? Our household costs increase very noticeably every year. Inflation certainly doesn't seem like a "stealth" tax anymore. Inflation is certainly much more than the reported 4-5%.

PS Also the cost of gold sovereigns has gone through the roof!

I have always classed hyper as 20% month on month price increase, But i think that there are a couple of different examples out there,

My own belief is that we have at the moment in the UK 6-7% inflation. The reported rate dose not include many things that we buy/have to pay for every day.

I do not think that we will get to hyper in the West. We wont be seeing million Pound/Dollar/Euro bank notes. Well, not for a very long time anyway. I do think that we could see 10%-12% year on year inflation. It's not been that long ago that this in the UK anyway was to norm for a few years.
But I do not really see that as too bad. The Debt needs to be payed down Do not just Government but also private debt too. Having some inflation in the system will help that.

But I will agree with others who say there is a chance we could go hyper. We do not know what shocks are around the corner. There could be many black swans out there waiting to hit us.

#4299 igglepiggle

igglepiggle

Millennium man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:44 AM

I have always classed hyper as 20% month on month price increase, But i think that there are a couple of different examples out there,

My own belief is that we have at the moment in the UK 6-7% inflation. The reported rate dose not include many things that we buy/have to pay for every day.

I do not think that we will get to hyper in the West. We wont be seeing million Pound/Dollar/Euro bank notes. Well, not for a very long time anyway. I do think that we could see 10%-12% year on year inflation. It's not been that long ago that this in the UK anyway was to norm for a few years.
But I do not really see that as too bad. The Debt needs to be payed down Do not just Government but also private debt too. Having some inflation in the system will help that.

But I will agree with others who say there is a chance we could go hyper. We do not know what shocks are around the corner. There could be many black swans out there waiting to hit us.

No, the deep underlying problem is that wealth has become too concentrated. Inflation will not ameliorate that, rather the opposite. Debt needs to be written off on a massive scale, a hyper-deflation if you like.

The (supposedly) frugal savers getting close to retirement on these boards won't like that either though :unsure:

#4300 d2thdr

d2thdr

.§.My Precious.§.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 813 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Cricket, Polo, Cooking.

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:20 PM

Regards

ML

Do you want to hear the truth?

Can you handle the truth?

All I do is take these funny little rectangular pieces of paper or those electronic digits that appear on my computer screen that our zombie banks and governments call money and I turn them into silver and gold. The medieval alchemists never even go close to that miracle! I am turning paper into gold, it's awesome! We should be thanking the collective boneheads who make this magic possible.

FREEGOLD
V/S SLAVEGOLD

Gold coins then bank storage then gold lending then gold certificate use then lending of certificates then certificates are declared paper money then overprinted then gold backing removed then price inflation then,,,,,, we begin again. But this time it's different the hard money crowd say. Yes, it is. Only the time has changed-- FOA

The best thing about eating gold is pooping gold. Don't eat ETF GLD paper though, it's boring and painful to poop out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users