GOLD

30459 replies to this topic

#28681 d2thdr

d2thdr

.§.My Precious.§.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 813 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Cricket, Polo, Cooking.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:18 PM

No one forces you to read any of it.
As the year draws on, you may see more and more so-called conspiracy material intrude into what you consider reality. Just this week the Gold-back bonds have once again popped up in the mainstream news. And now we are seeing a rash of top bankers resigning. Before this year is out, I predict that many hear will be thanking me for opening their eyes, just as I did on HPC to the debt crisis. Remember I bought DebtBubble.com well before anyone thought there was a debt problem. And I bought and still own GoldStock.co.uk. Who else do you know, apart from a Marc Faber or Jim Rogers who saw these things so early? I have now jumped ahead of MF and JR in pointing the way towards "disclosure". I may be wrong on this, but just give it another year or so to see what happens.

You have been a great trader. Perhaps you could be the best.

But extrapolating your insight into reading the financial futures before many people are interested, clearly means the BIG KAHUNA EVENT is very very close.
All I do is take these funny little rectangular pieces of paper or those electronic digits that appear on my computer screen that our zombie banks and governments call money and I turn them into silver and gold. The medieval alchemists never even go close to that miracle! I am turning paper into gold, it's awesome! We should be thanking the collective boneheads who make this magic possible.

FREEGOLD
V/S SLAVEGOLD

Gold coins then bank storage then gold lending then gold certificate use then lending of certificates then certificates are declared paper money then overprinted then gold backing removed then price inflation then,,,,,, we begin again. But this time it's different the hard money crowd say. Yes, it is. Only the time has changed-- FOA

The best thing about eating gold is pooping gold. Don't eat ETF GLD paper though, it's boring and painful to poop out.

#28682 malvern hills

malvern hills

Centurion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:21 PM

http://www.zerohedge...-insights-offer

Good article from Bob Janjuah, coming to to much the same conclusions as many on GEI.

The big kahuna or the bursting of the latest liquidity driven bubble 'could, be 5 days, 5 weeks, or 5 quarters'. He also says he expects the DOW/Gold ratio to resolve at 7000 in a deflationary credit collapse rather than at 14000 and hyperinflation, because Bernak and Draghi will loose their mandate from the population to print before the public looses faith in the currency.

Hmmmm....- I think I got a new catchphrase. :D

#28683 G0ldfinger

G0ldfinger

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,505 posts
  • Interests:Hoarding gold.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

... because Bernak and Draghi will loose their mandate from the population to print before the public looses faith in the currency.

The Bernank has already hyper-inflated and it is only invisible to the sheeple since velocity has dropped all this time. Once it reverses, the game is up, no matter whether the Bernank is in charge at the time. This is politically irreversible. Baked in the cake.
You can't tax deflation.
“Currency Induced Cost-Push Hyperinflation” vs “Demand-Pull (non-hyper) Inflation.”
The "no income --> no inflation"-thesis is as wrong as the "price control --> inflation control"-thesis.
Don't TRADE gold! You might lose your shirt in the biggest bull run ever. That would be embarassing. © possibly by Swampy
Posted Image
Gold, silver, property, currencies, commodities charts.

#28684 warpig

warpig

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:46 PM

It's not better... it's more honest and I think the reasons are obvious.

That is using the ShadowStats inflation model, I presume.

Kindly tell us why it is better than CPI?

"Real Gold" by another measure:

"There can be no other criterion, no other standard than gold. Yes, gold which never changes, which can be turned into ingots bars, coins, which has no nationality and which is eternally and universally accepted as the unalterable fiduciary value par excellence"

"Betting against gold is the same as betting on governments. He who bets on governments and government money, bets against 6,000 years of recorded human history."

Charles de Gaulle

#28685 tinecu

tinecu

Tri-Centurion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

Goldprice suggests Gold is UP $54 today.
B)

#28686 halight

halight

Millennium man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:07 PM

Goldprice suggests Gold is UP $54 today.
B)

I belive its moveing up too fast. I think we will have a pull back soon.
Please visit my book store,

http://astore.amazon...uk/investbar-21

#28687 50sQuiff

50sQuiff

Tri-Centurion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:12 PM

HI BUBB,

Gold is going to fall back to 200$/oz but then there will be no physical on sale. You will have GLD willing to sell you some shares, some gold backed fund willing to invest your money for returns etc. but you shall never see physical gold sold for 200$/oz though the paper price may fall to that price. Physical gold is too valuable to have 200$/oz price tag.

Fortunately the super rich and the third world nobodies know this. The rest of us are in the middle of the spectrum. Some of us want to trade and invest our way into brighter future, most want to stick to their day jobs and make the excess savings in gold.

Why are you so obsessed with conspiracy theories?

Indeed. Chanelling you-know-who for a second, TPTB can't afford paper gold to decouple so badly with physical otherwise real gold will 'go in to hiding'. This will drive the stock-to-flow ratio of gold to infinity, create dollar hyperinflation and destroy the USD Reserve system there and then. This is why we get the managed ascent of paper gold. I suspect the central banks are targeting the minimum paper POG possible to ensure the ongoing flow of physical.

I think we're going to smash through the 1980-SGS CPI price in physical gold without breaking sweat. 1980 was just a dress-rehearsal for the end of the USD reserve system, with a superspike that I believe was caused by panic buying in size by the Middle East and some central banks (Iran, ironically enough) bidding for gold in the open market. Where is Volcker this time? Who is willing and able to impose mass poverty on the West with 20% interest rates?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/bob-janjuah-markets-are-so-rigged-policy-makers-i-have-no-meaningful-insights-offer

Good article from Bob Janjuah, coming to to much the same conclusions as many on GEI.

The big kahuna or the bursting of the latest liquidity driven bubble 'could, be 5 days, 5 weeks, or 5 quarters'. He also says he expects the DOW/Gold ratio to resolve at 7000 in a deflationary credit collapse rather than at 14000 and hyperinflation, because Bernak and Draghi will loose their mandate from the population to print before the public looses faith in the currency.

Hmmmm....- I think I got a new catchphrase. :D

Let me give you some interesting reading Malvern :) Once you understand that hyperinflation is a demand side phenomenon and printing is the supply side response, it becomes somewhat clearer. The question of "how do you get the money into people's hands" is practically irrelevant and misleading.

http://fofoa.blogspo...ation-post.html
http://fofoa.blogspo...ost-part-2.html
http://fofoa.blogspo...ost-part-3.html
http://fofoa.blogspo...ng-weakens.html
http://fofoa.blogspo...rinflation.html

And folks, please do drop by the golbu.gs chat room to share your forecasts, charts, pictures of rockets - whatever - as we watch this gold market unfold.
goldbu.gs - Live chat for gold bugs and GEI readers with physical premium tracking.

DebtBombshell.com - it's real, it's ours and we've got to pay it back.

#28688 G0ldfinger

G0ldfinger

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,505 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:46 PM

I think we're going to smash through the 1980-SGS CPI price in physical gold without breaking sweat.

Very well possible.
You can't tax deflation.
“Currency Induced Cost-Push Hyperinflation” vs “Demand-Pull (non-hyper) Inflation.”
The "no income --> no inflation"-thesis is as wrong as the "price control --> inflation control"-thesis.
Don't TRADE gold! You might lose your shirt in the biggest bull run ever. That would be embarassing. © possibly by Swampy
Posted Image

#28689 50sQuiff

50sQuiff

Tri-Centurion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:12 PM

Very well possible.

I may have been exaggerating a wee bit to wind up the dollar bugs :) But I feel that when this paper system - the system that enables flow of physical at such low prices - eventually breaks, it's going to break in truly spectacular fashion.
goldbu.gs - Live chat for gold bugs and GEI readers with physical premium tracking.

DebtBombshell.com - it's real, it's ours and we've got to pay it back.

#28690 romans holiday

romans holiday

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:20 PM

The Bernank has already hyper-inflated and it is only invisible to the sheeple since velocity has dropped all this time. Once it reverses, the game is up, no matter whether the Bernank is in charge at the time. This is politically irreversible. Baked in the cake.

Yes, already hyper-inflated. But the hyper-inflation was in debt. If it acts like a duck and quacks like a duck it is a duck.

What are you baking in your cake? :D
Modern money "shorts" the currency, and is backed by debt. The debt is real. A debt deflation will lead to a prolonged period of deleveraging, where the short-covering of currencies will strengthen currencies relative to asset prices. At the global level, in the FX market, central currencies will benefit from deleveraging at the expense of peripheral currencies. Due to instability and uncertainty, gold will benefit against all currencies as it continues to be re-monetized.

Hold on to your hats for hyper-deflation, where cash is king, and gold the King of cash.
[Silver? A Volatile Queen].

#28691 G0ldfinger

G0ldfinger

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,505 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:30 PM

Yes, already hyper-inflated. But the hyper-inflation was in debt. If it acts like a duck and quacks like a duck it is a duck.

What are you baking in your cake? :D

I am going to have crispy baked duck.

The monetary base has been hyper-inflated over the past few years because the hyper-inflated debt was threatening to hyper-deflate. With velocity going into hyper-drive again sooner or later, the hyper-inflated money supply will turn into hyper-inflated prices.

My duck will be hyper-crispy and it will be eaten at hyper-velocity.
You can't tax deflation.
Posted Image

#28692 romans holiday

romans holiday

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:38 PM

I am going to have crispy baked duck.

The monetary base has been hyper-inflated over the past few years because the hyper-inflated debt was threatening to hyper-deflate. With velocity going into hyper-drive again sooner or later, the hyper-inflated money supply will turn into hyper-inflated prices.

My duck will be hyper-crispy and it will be eaten at hyper-velocity.

This is progress... all we need now is 'was' changed to 'is'. :D
Modern money "shorts" the currency, and is backed by debt. The debt is real. A debt deflation will lead to a prolonged period of deleveraging, where the short-covering of currencies will strengthen currencies relative to asset prices. At the global level, in the FX market, central currencies will benefit from deleveraging at the expense of peripheral currencies. Due to instability and uncertainty, gold will benefit against all currencies as it continues to be re-monetized.

Hold on to your hats for hyper-deflation, where cash is king, and gold the King of cash.
[Silver? A Volatile Queen].

#28693 G0ldfinger

G0ldfinger

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,505 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:50 PM

This is progress... all we need now is 'was' changed to 'is'. :D

Not anymore with the Bernank and Super-Mario printing as if there was no tomorrow.
You can't tax deflation.
Posted Image

#28694 Errol

Errol

Millennium man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:29 PM

Gold represents a little less than 1% of the total value of global investments [stocks, bonds, money markets]. Think about what will happen if that percentage moves up to 2 or 3%. In 1968 it was 5%. In 1980 at the last peak in gold it was 3%. - Felix Zulauf, Swiss money manager
Want to get paid for polls? Try YouGov

#28695 Carlton

Carlton

Tri-Centurion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:25 AM

I revisited Larry's clip from 2/20; he had said gold would encounter resistance at $1780, right where the rally stopped on Wednesday. He was saying that the next major move is to the downside.
"After spending many years in Wall Street and after making and losing millions of dollars I want to tell you this: It never was my thinking that made the big money for me. It always was my sitting. Got that? My sitting tight!" --Jesse Livermore

#28696 ixus

ixus

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:40 AM

Option expiry today on CME.

#28697 G0ldfinger

G0ldfinger

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,505 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:14 AM

The recent strong moves in gold and oil, they feel like something is up. What about Iran. Do the insiders know exact dates already?

Can someone post an image with current location of all US battle groups?
You can't tax deflation.
Posted Image

#28698 malvern hills

malvern hills

Centurion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:19 AM

Indeed. Chanelling you-know-who for a second, TPTB can't afford paper gold to decouple so badly with physical otherwise real gold will 'go in to hiding'. This will drive the stock-to-flow ratio of gold to infinity, create dollar hyperinflation and destroy the USD Reserve system there and then. This is why we get the managed ascent of paper gold. I suspect the central banks are targeting the minimum paper POG possible to ensure the ongoing flow of physical.

I think we're going to smash through the 1980-SGS CPI price in physical gold without breaking sweat. 1980 was just a dress-rehearsal for the end of the USD reserve system, with a superspike that I believe was caused by panic buying in size by the Middle East and some central banks (Iran, ironically enough) bidding for gold in the open market. Where is Volcker this time? Who is willing and able to impose mass poverty on the West with 20% interest rates?

Let me give you some interesting reading Malvern :) Once you understand that hyperinflation is a demand side phenomenon and printing is the supply side response, it becomes somewhat clearer. The question of "how do you get the money into people's hands" is practically irrelevant and misleading.

http://fofoa.blogspo...ation-post.html
http://fofoa.blogspo...ost-part-2.html
http://fofoa.blogspo...ost-part-3.html
http://fofoa.blogspo...ng-weakens.html
http://fofoa.blogspo...rinflation.html

And folks, please do drop by the golbu.gs chat room to share your forecasts, charts, pictures of rockets - whatever - as we watch this gold market unfold.

Thanks Quiff, will do.

#28699 chris ct

chris ct

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:43 AM

The recent strong moves in gold and oil, they feel like something is up. What about Iran. Do the insiders know exact dates already?

Can someone post an image with current location of all US battle groups?

From Feb 2nd.. so draw big circles round each location :D
http://www.stratfor....-map-feb-2-2012
http://tinyurl.com/yjnqo5p
All I wanna hear is that JPM is soon going to explode in a gigantic supernova that will take the Fed, Goldman, AIG, UBS, HSBC, Citi, and BofA with it, leaving behind a white dwarf that we will name "God's work".
The reason for this? see 1984 thread: "http://tinyurl.com/yepltr6" ak47 bomb bioweapon semtex ar15 glock 7.62mm allah jesus buddah fuse ricin plot plan operation grenade rocket ied phone poison anthrax airport runway invasion armor body bullet explosive hollowpoint explode gas mask NBC dirty plutonium nuke suitcase gas needle hypodermic

#28700 G0ldfinger

G0ldfinger

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,505 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:16 AM

From Feb 2nd.. so draw big circles round each location :D
http://www.stratfor....-map-feb-2-2012

Yes, that was the one, thanks. It needs an update.
You can't tax deflation.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)