The 2012 "Presidential Circus"

232 replies to this topic

#41 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65,506 posts
  • Interests:Trading and investing in stocks and commodities. Writing articles on related subjects, while building this website. I am interested in creating ways for communities

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:47 AM

You rarely hear this on the mainstream...

The market is "bipolar", swinging back and forth from a focus on Inflation to Deflation. Bet on swings; and stay flexible. What are bipolar markets? See: http://tinyurl.com/GEI-Manix

#42 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65,506 posts
  • Interests:Trading and investing in stocks and commodities. Writing articles on related subjects, while building this website. I am interested in creating ways for communities

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:12 AM

Is Obama doomed?
Commentary: One campaign veteran’s smart bets on the 2012 race

The latest prices offered by InTrade, the Dublin-based betting exchange, which runs futures markets on the race.

Obama's Fortunes

/Intrade’s website: http://www.intrade.c...ntractId=743474

It’s giving President Barack Obama a 48% chance of getting re-elected. That’s incredibly low for a sitting president — it’s been falling all year, since briefly touching 70% after the bin Laden kill.

But McKinnon says he thinks 48% is still way too high.

“I’d bet against that,” he says. “It may not even matter what kind of campaign (Obama) runs — if the economic fundamentals don’t change, the Republicans could nominate Ron Paul and win.”

/see: http://www.marketwat...nvestinginsight
The market is "bipolar", swinging back and forth from a focus on Inflation to Deflation. Bet on swings; and stay flexible. What are bipolar markets? See: http://tinyurl.com/GEI-Manix

#43 Carlton

Carlton

Tri-Centurion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:20 AM

broken window fallacy

There is no fallacy in repairing a window that is already broken, causing discomfort and higher costs. Such is the state of America's infrastructure; continuing to improve it is a necessity and is in no way analogous to your "broken window."
"After spending many years in Wall Street and after making and losing millions of dollars I want to tell you this: It never was my thinking that made the big money for me. It always was my sitting. Got that? My sitting tight!" --Jesse Livermore

#44 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65,506 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:49 PM

Some of you may want to see this

It begins like a sporting event...
Pure entertainment? Or is it serious?

P2:
Is Newt running for Vice President ?

Mitt and Perry have a go at each other in P3

=== ===

Poll: http://www.gallup.co...l/election.aspx

Herman Cain's positive image among Republicans stayed that way over the past week as the percentage of Republicans familiar with him rose from 61% to 69%. Gallup finds no improvement in the fizzled images of Rick Perry and Michele Bachmann, and views toward Mitt Romney are also stable.

#45 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65,506 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:50 AM

Caine's 9-9-9 Tax is similar to... this old internet "fantasy": (wishes turned to web speculation)

What does NESARA Law do?

NESARA implements the following changes:
1. Zeros out all credit card, mortgage, and other bank debt due to illegal banking and government activities. This is the Federal Reserve’s worst nightmare, a “jubilee” or a forgiveness of debt.
2. Abolishes the income tax.
3. Abolishes the IRS. Employees of the IRS will be transferred into the US Treasury national sales tax area.
4. Creates a 14% flat rate non-essential new items only sales tax revenue for the government. In other words, food and medicine will not be taxed; nor will used items such as old homes.
5. Increases benefits to senior citizens.
6. Returns Constitutional Law to all courts and legal matters.

/more: (Can this be true?): http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-687532

#46 Dubai

Dubai

Tri-Centurion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:45 AM

Caine's 9-9-9 Tax is similar to... this old internet "fantasy": (wishes turned to web speculation)

What does NESARA Law do?

NESARA implements the following changes:
1. Zeros out all credit card, mortgage, and other bank debt due to illegal banking and government activities. This is the Federal Reserve’s worst nightmare, a “jubilee” or a forgiveness of debt.
2. Abolishes the income tax.
3. Abolishes the IRS. Employees of the IRS will be transferred into the US Treasury national sales tax area.
4. Creates a 14% flat rate non-essential new items only sales tax revenue for the government. In other words, food and medicine will not be taxed; nor will used items such as old homes.
5. Increases benefits to senior citizens.
6. Returns Constitutional Law to all courts and legal matters.

/more: (Can this be true?): http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-687532

Is that 14% flat tax on new, non-essential items enough to pay for the common infrastructure, defence, policing, social safety net, education etc.?

#47 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65,506 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:26 PM

The Latest Debate - Yesterday in Michigan

You gotta feel a bit sorry for Rick Perry here

He's a better politician than a debator

#48 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65,506 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:55 AM

Rick Perry puts funny spin on GOP debate gaffe by reading Top Ten list on 'Late Show with David Letterman'

'I wanted to help take the heat off my buddy Herman Cain'

BY Alison Gendar , Aliyah Shahid , Thomas M. Defrank & Corky Siemaszko
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Thursday, November 10 2011, 11:28 PM

GOP presidential hopeful Rick Perry presents Top Ten list on 'Late Show with David Letterman.'

Tongue-tied Texan Rick Perry made a beeline to New York Thursday in the wake of his disastrous debate goof in hopes of undoing the damage to his faltering presidential campaign.

“Oh shoot, no,” Perry answered upon landing, when asked by reporters if he was toast. “This ain’t a day for quitting.”

Perry tried to show he wasn’t rattled by taking a few more on the chin, this time in a pre-planned comedy routine, while reading the Top Ten list on CBS’ “Late Show with David Letterman.”

“I dont know what youre taking about I think things went well,” was his excuse No. 9.

Perry had the political world abuzz for suffering a “brain freeze” on one of his key talking points, stammering for nearly a minute before saying, “Sorry . . . Oops.”

Perry, in his late night comedy turn, found himself riffing on chief rival Mitt Romney (“That is one handsome dude!) and referencing the sex-harassment scandal of another GOP contender (“I wanted to help take the heat off my buddy Herman Cain”).

In between, Perry made the media rounds, hitting ABC’s “Good Morning America,” CBS’ “The Early Show,” NBC’s “Today,” “Fox and Friends” and CNN’s “American Morning.”

“The issue wasn’t about whether I can sing off a line of a number of agencies,” Perry said on Today, an aw-shucks grin fixed on his face. “This is not about who is the slickest debater.

Perry, who had cancelled a fund-raiser to do damage control, told ABC he’d be ready for the next Republican debate Saturday in South Carolina.

But in a quip that had to give his handlers pause, Perry said he was prepping for this one “just like weve prepared all along.”

His glaring mistake Wednesday was not the first he’s made over the course of six presidential debates, but it was the worst — by far.

And Perry backers fear it could feed into the notion that he lacks the smarts to be President, especially when compared to the so-far unflappable Romney or smooth-talking President Obama.

The swaggering Texas governor was in the midst of listing which three government agencies he would cut if he were President when he suddenly drew a blank.

“I would do away with the Education, the Commerce and — let’s see — I can’t,” he said.

Then, for about 50 agonizing seconds, Perry struggled to remember the third agency on his chopping block.

“Seriously?” asked moderator John Harwood. “You can’t name the third one?”

Defeated, Perry conceded he couldn’t.

“The third one,” he said. “I can’t. Sorry . . . Oops.”

Watching from his perch as head of the University of Virginia’s Center for Politics, Larry Sabato tweeted his astonishment.

“To my memory, Perry’s forgetfulness is the most devastating moment of any modern primary debate.”

Read more: http://www.nydailyne...4#ixzz1dNDHdFow

#49 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65,506 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:13 PM

Bloomberg Poll-- 4 way dead heat in Iowa... hint.. Media darlings are not in top 2 !! Seven weeks to go

Posted By: Watchman
Date: Tuesday, 15-Nov-2011 08:33:30
Herman Cain, Ron Paul, Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich are in a dead heat as the top choices for Iowans likely to attend the Jan. 3 Republican presidential caucuses.

A Bloomberg News poll shows Cain at 20 percent, Paul at 19 percent, Romney at 18 percent and Gingrich at 17 percent among the likely attendees with the caucuses that start the nominating contests seven weeks away.

Economic issues such as jobs, taxes and government spending are driving voter sentiment, rather than such social issues as abortion and gay marriage, the poll finds. Only about a quarter of likely caucus-goers say social or constitutional issues are more important to them, compared with 71 percent who say fiscal concerns.

Link to more : http://www.bloomberg...a-caucuses.html

#50 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65,506 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:27 AM

THE OBAMA BET seems to correlate with stock prices

Obama Bet - source

Posted Image

Barack Obama to be re-elected President in 2012:
51.5%- CHANCE
Last prediction was: $5.15 / share (also 51.5%)

#51 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65,506 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:42 AM

The Illuminati is alive and well

THE HILLARY MOMENT - is the title of an article by Pat Caddell (and Douglas Schoen)

Who seem to think that Obama should step aside and make room for... you know who.

"He should abandon hsi candidacy for re-election in favor of a clear alternative, one capable not only of saving the Democratic Party, but more important, of governing effectively (I'm going to choke while typing this) and in a way that preserves the most impportant of the President's accomplishments. He should step aside for the one candidate who would become, by acclamation, the nominee of the Democratic Party: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton."

Posted Image

(I cannot help but think: It was always planned thus. Freedom from Illuminati interference is a long way away.)

They go on:
"We write as patriots and Democrats- concerned about the fate of our party and most of all, of our country."

(I want to scream. How does putting a high level member of the Illuminati help our country? Of course, it may help save the faltering power of the Dark Cabal... And thanks, Mr. Caddell and Mr. Schoen, for letting us know where your true loyalties lie.)

#52 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65,506 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 03:04 PM

The Latest Republican Debate ... on National Security

A warmongers' delight? Not if Ron Paul can help it.

Here's John Huntsman doing a worth job taking on
the War-monging Mitt Romney:

#53 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65,506 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:30 AM

THE HILLARY MOMENT - is the title of an article by Pat Caddell (and Douglas Schoen)

Who seem to think that Obama should step aside and make room for... you know who.

"He should abandon hsi candidacy for re-election in favor of a clear alternative, one capable not only of saving the Democratic Party, but more important, of governing effectively (I'm going to choke while typing this) and in a way that preserves the most impportant of the President's accomplishments. He should step aside for the one candidate who would become, by acclamation, the nominee of the Democratic Party: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton."

I wonder if Pat Caddell is in touch with the same strange Source as is behind this web article:

Source says Barak won't Run in 2012 - Hillary Will and She will WIN!!

Posted By: Rayelan [Send E-Mail]
Date: Tuesday, 22-Nov-2011
A source I have known for over 20 years has ties to people high up in the intel world.

He called last night... he was talking so fast that I had to slow him down.

He said that Washington DC knows it already and it should start appearing in various newspapers soon...

He doesn't know what excuse they are going to use to force Obama to step down... maybe a scandal... maybe his birth certificate, maybe cancer. But he will be forced to step down and since Hillary needs to gear up for the election... she will need to start asap.

You do remember that she is the most popular politician in the WORLD. When I read those headlines a few months ago, I figured the power elite was getting ready to put her in the Oval Office.

Then I found out that the 22nd amendment... the one that only allows a president two elected terms... says NOTHING about putting a president in to be a place holder until the next election.
. . .
My source said that all of Washington knows that Obama is about to step down. He said that he can't imagine that it won't be leaking soon.

I wonder what excuse he will use. Of course he has to save face... so it will probably be his health. He could even use that excuse for his being so out of touch with people. And if you have noticed how much weight he has lost... he could possibly have cancer. Remember Steve Jobs toward the end.

What has America learned as a result of the Obama presidency.

The one thing we have learned is we must pass a law demanding that the candidate prove he is a United States Citizen. We must at least be sure that he doesn't have more allegiance to the land of his birth than he does to the United States

/more: http://www.rumormill...cgi?read=222427

#54 Carlton

Carlton

Tri-Centurion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:00 AM

^^ Anyone still promoting the birth certificate conspiracy theory has no legitimacy.
"After spending many years in Wall Street and after making and losing millions of dollars I want to tell you this: It never was my thinking that made the big money for me. It always was my sitting. Got that? My sitting tight!" --Jesse Livermore

#55 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65,506 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:09 AM

There's bipartisan agreement on one issue...

(it is possible that the primary voters may have a MESSAGE for the mainstream media...)

#56 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65,506 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:53 AM

Gingrich Leads, Cain Exits

In Iowa:
Gingrich is at 25%, and Ron Paul is at 18% support

(in terms of consistency of message: Ron Paul is the real thing. Gingrich is a wax banana.)

#57 the bugler

the bugler

Centurion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:23 AM

If Ron Paul wins the U.S. Presidential elections it will restore my faith in democracy and the wisdom of the American people.

Sadly the chances are slim when you consider the vested interests he opposes.

#58 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65,506 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:45 AM

(The pundits still say Ron Paul is "unacceptable."):

Poll: Gingrich, Romney only "acceptable" candidates to GOP voters
By Brian Montopoli Topics Campaign 2012

A new poll out from Gallup finds that only Newt Gingrich and Mitt Romney are considered acceptable presidential candidates by a majority of Republican and Republican-leaning independent voters.

Sixty-two percent called Gingrich an "acceptable" GOP nominee, while 54 percent called Romney "acceptable." (Thirty-four percent called Gingrich unacceptable, and 41 percent said the same of Romney.) While those figures are higher than any of the other Republican presidential candidates, it's worth noting that less than two-thirds sees either man as an acceptable nominee.

The numbers for Ron Paul, who is polling in third in Iowa, are discouraging. Just 34 percent called Paul an acceptable nominee, while 62 percent called him unacceptable. Rick Santorum tied Paul as the candidate seen by the highest percentage of voters as unacceptable.

Texas governor Rick Perry, once seen as a frontrunner for the nomination, was called unacceptable by 52 percent of voters. Fifty-six percent called Michele Bachmann unacceptable, while 58 percent called both Jon Huntsman and Herman Cain (who has suspended his candidacy) unacceptable. Only 28 percent said Huntsman would be an acceptable nominee.

The finding suggest both that the Republican presidential race is moving toward a contest between Gingrich and Romney and that Republicans remain less than thrilled with their options for taking on President Obama in the general election...

/more: http://www.cbsnews.c...g=re1.galleries

My own feeling is more like this: Not-Ron-Paul is unacceptable.
American voters are approximately 64% morons, is what that poll tells me.

Ron Paul's Big Dog Ad:

#59 the bugler

the bugler

Centurion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:53 AM

He's not brainwashed,corrupt or stupid therefore he can never be allowed to be President

#60 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65,506 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:16 AM

Former U.S. Rep. Alan Grayson (D-FL) tells Keith how an audit of the Federal Reserve shows that the agency “play[ed] Russian roulette” with the U.S. dollar over the course of more than $26 trillion worth of bank bailouts.

The Fed played favorites:
http://www.stumbleup...federal-reserve\

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users