The 2012 "Presidential Circus"

232 replies to this topic

#21 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,921 posts
  • Interests:Trading and investing in stocks and commodities. Writing articles on related subjects, while building this website. I am interested in creating ways for communities

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:27 PM

Stewart plays a clip from the Ames debate showing Fox News host Brett Baier rolling his eyes with a condescending smeer across his intellectually bankrupt face as Ron Paul talks about the need for America to stop funding mutli-front, unsustainable wars and the need to bring the troops home.

But it is perhaps the CNN footage at the end of the video that displays the flagrant arrogance with which mainstream media treats Ron Paul. Some day these media outlets and their handlers may be held accountable for their outrageous contribution to the ruination of America.

They have been told by their media bosses to ridicule Ron Paul -
Very possibly because of his views on Defense Spending.

They following is from a work-in-progress...

"Holes in American Pockets : Little protection against Military spending

One of the few major politicians that was willing to discuss the growing power of the military, was Ike Eisenhower, who probably had the best military credentials of any modern President. Even Ike left this issue until his farewell speech, when he could do little but warn the country. Although that speech was 50 years ago, his words seem prophetic now:

"Our military organization today bears little relation to that known by any of my predecessors in peacetime, or indeed by the fighting men of World War II or Korea.

Until the latest of our world conflicts, the United States had no armaments industry. American makers of plowshares could, with time and as required, make swords as well. But now we can no longer risk emergency improvisation of national defense; we have been compelled to create a permanent armaments industry of vast proportions. Added to this, three and a half million men and women are directly engaged in the defense establishment. We annually spend on military security more than the net income of all United States corporations.

This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence -- economic, political, even spiritual -- is felt in every city, every State house, every office of the Federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications. Our toil, resources and livelihood are all involved; so is the very structure of our society.

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist."

Eisenhower's Farewell /source: http://avalon.law.ya...senhower001.asp

Stunning words, which almost no present-day politician would dare speak. Amongst the current crop of presidential candidates, only Ron Paul speaks about bloated size of the mlitary, and asks the question: Does it truly make us safer? Ron Paul's assertion is that America's massive global military presence and its warlike activity actually threatens the safety of Americans because it creates enemies. Strangely, many veterans support Ron Paul's presidential ambitions, and yet the mainstream press fails to take him seriously. Questions are now being asked why this is the case, as we saw recently on Jon Stewart's program. Are mainstream media outlets somehow being compelled to under-report Ron Paul's campaign? This is a question that needs asking. Perhaps the "unwarranted influence" that Eisenhower warned about has become so pervasive that it even plays a heavy role even in Presidential campaigns."
=== === ===

My advice when thinking of the Media bosses:

+ Dont buy their newspapers
+ Dont watch their TV programs (including their professional sports matches)

Let them know that "their news" is not the real news, and is unwelcome
The market is "bipolar", swinging back and forth from a focus on Inflation to Deflation. Bet on swings; and stay flexible. What are bipolar markets? See: http://tinyurl.com/GEI-Manix

#22 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,921 posts
  • Interests:Trading and investing in stocks and commodities. Writing articles on related subjects, while building this website. I am interested in creating ways for communities

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:38 PM

Perry Surge Upends the Race

By NEIL KING JR. And JONATHAN WEISMAN

Texas Gov. Rick Perry's surge in the polls has shaken up the Republican presidential race, knocking Mitt Romney from his perch as the GOP front-runner and emboldening Republican voters who say 2012 is the year a rock-ribbed conservative can win the White House.

Rick Perry has emerged as the clear new front-runner in the Republican presidential field, based on polling this week. Neil King on The News Hub looks at how this happened and how Perry handles it as well as reaction from Romney.

Barely two weeks after launching his campaign, Mr. Perry has jumped ahead of Mr. Romney and the rest of the GOP field, according to several public opinion surveys. A Gallup poll put him 12 points above the former Massachusetts governor among Republicans and GOP-leaning independents, while other national polls found even wider margins of support.

The surge has sparked two competing narratives. One, promoted by Romney supporters, holds that Mr. Perry's advance will lead to a Romney comeback, because GOP primary voters eager to unseat President Barack Obama will flow back to a candidate they see as more electable. The other holds that Mr. Obama's flagging political fortunes have convinced Republicans that their nominee will be the next president. That has moved them to flock to the most conservative plausible candidate, who some believe is Mr. Perry.

GOP operatives and Mr. Perry's own campaign caution against reading too much into the spurt. The race remains highly fluid, they say, and conservative voters already have swooned for other candidates, including Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann as well as former corporate executive Herman Cain, whose support has since tapered off.

Past elections are littered with fleeting favorites who excited voters for a few months and then faded. They include Tennessee Sen. Fred Thompson in 2007, who like Mr. Perry entered the GOP contest late amid a perceived hunger for an additional conservative choice.

But few campaign veterans are betting that Mr. Perry will fade quickly. His longtenure as an elected official in Texas, his record of hard-fought campaigns, and his posture as a plain-speaking, anti-Washington outsider all give him heft, they say.

"Perry is definitely the flavor of the month, but that's not to say he can't last, because he can," said Jan van Lohuizen, former President George W. Bush's longtime personal pollster and Mr. Romney's pollster in 2008. Mr. van Lohuizen remains unaligned this year. "He comes off as a rock-solid conservative who's got a good pitch to make on the economy and jobs. And that is a good combination."

Mr. Perry entered the race 13 days ago with a three-state burst of campaigning that earned him a stream of national coverage, not all of it positive. He came under fire for his criticism of Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke. Numerous reports questioned his role as a job creator in Texas and aired past controversies, including a huge highway proposal and a plan to mandate a vaccine against cancer for teenage girls, which angered many Texas Republicans.

Yet Mr. Perry's profile and appeal among conservative voters have both risen in recent weeks. He went from being known by barely half of Republican voters in late July to 67% of GOP voters in the latest Gallup poll.

"People are just starting to evaluate the real Rick Perry, not the idea of Rick Perry. But for now, he is all about upside potential," said Washington political analyst Stuart Rothenberg.

Mr. Perry's camp dismissed the early polls. "These numbers are meaningless to us," said Perry spokesman Ray Sullivan. "We are just starting to build an organization. We plan to run like we are always behind."

The Gallup poll suggests Mr. Perry is garnering early support among traditional bastions of the Republican Party: older, male voters in the South and the West.

The poll also found him whittling more support from Mr. Romney than from Ms. Bachmann, whose appeal to evangelical Christian voters and tea party groups overlaps with what many consider to be Mr. Perry's core constituency. In the last Gallup poll, Mr. Romney's support dropped six points—more than any other candidate—from July. Mr. Perry's support rose by 11 points.

Also rising, but from further back in the pack, is Texas Rep. Ron Paul, who moved ahead of Mrs. Bachmann in the Gallup and other polls. After his strong second-place showing in the Iowa straw poll nearly two weeks ago, Mr. Paul has emerged as a third-place contender nationally.

/more: http://online.wsj.co...0029249226.html
The market is "bipolar", swinging back and forth from a focus on Inflation to Deflation. Bet on swings; and stay flexible. What are bipolar markets? See: http://tinyurl.com/GEI-Manix

#23 wednesday2

wednesday2

Tri-Centurion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:24 PM

Circus is right. Not one acceptable choice out there, IMO. I'm hoping Jesse Ventura jumps in, but there's no hint of it :(

#24 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,921 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:13 PM

Circus is right. Not one acceptable choice out there, IMO. I'm hoping Jesse Ventura jumps in, but there's no hint of it :(

I don't think that is likely.
He could have been re-elected as Governor, but decided not to run

#25 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,921 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 01:30 AM

Chris Hedges on the Embarrassing failure of the Democratic Liberals under Obama:

I reckon this is one of the reasons that Obama is unlikely to get re-elected, unless he shows some renewed courage in tackling some of these important issues

#26 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,921 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:02 AM

Ron Paul - The Prophet? / article in TIME Magazine

Time Magazine: Ron Paul "The Prophet"
Submitted by jkinabru on Thu, 08/25/2011 - 17:42

Twilight descends in new Hampshire as an old man climbs onto his soapbox. LIBERTY: TOO BIG TO FAIL reads a banner hanging in the jam-packed tent. He is hardly a commanding figure, but a thousand people chant his name and lean in to listen, ready to follow, as Ron Paul delivers his genre-bending stump speech. There are no focus-grouped slogans, no empty calories: Paul's talk is more like a high-fiber graduate seminar on economic theory, forgotten history and the nooks and crannies of the U.S. Constitution. "The Federal Reserve system and all their members have been counterfeiters for a long time,"...

Read more: http://www.time.com/...l#ixzz1W48YLrHP

remember this?

Calls for Revolution... in thinking.
"The number of those who care is growing expoentially"

#27 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,921 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:00 AM

Fox channel - Live debate on Now:

http://www.youtube.com/foxnews

Ron Paul just scored well with his answer about Fences - to keep people out and in

Beyond Ron Paul, Huntsman consistently speaks sense. Why can people not see that he is far more appealing than supposed frontrunners like Romney and Perry?

#28 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,921 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:51 AM

Fox channel - Live debate on Now:
http://www.youtube.com/foxnews

The soundbite of the night, was from Gary Johnson:
"My neighbor's dog has created more shovel-ready projects than this adminstration."

#29 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,921 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:24 PM

The News many had been waiting for may be close...

Posted Image : A Jaba-like pose ?

Chris Christie confidante says NJ gov. mulling WH run
CBS News - ‎1 hour ago‎

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has repeatedly said he is not running for president. But one of his predecessors who has known Christie for decades says he is now at least thinking about it.
=== ===

Big enough to be a NWO killer*?
(I think he might grab much of the Ron Paul vote)

*He's big (powerful and popular) now.
By 2016, he might be huge enough to bite the head off the NWO.

#30 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,921 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:29 PM

The News many had been waiting for may be close...

Chris Christie confidante says NJ gov. mulling WH run
CBS News - ‎1 hour ago‎

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has repeatedly said he is not running for president. But one of his predecessors who has known Christie for decades says he is now at least thinking about it.
=== ===
Big enough to be a NWO killer?
(I think he might grab much of the Ron Paul vote)

He is probably WISE enough to wait-
He looks more and more like the hero that America is waiting for - But I doubt he was in the NWO training school the way that Obama was. (Romney seems to be the Illuminati choice, if Obama falters.) Christie is too courageous and too honest to make the NWO comfortable. He's big now, but by 2016 he might be huge enough, and the NWO weak enough, to take them on. (His real opponent would not be Obama, it would be the people who seek to control him the way they control Obama and controlled Bush.)

"When it comes to running for president, you don't pick the time. The time picks you," said Patrick Murray, director of the Monmouth University Polling Institute in New Jersey. "If his burning desire is to be president, then the time is now. You don't know what the environment will be in 2016 or 2020."
Other political news of note

Christie has yet to display even a flickering desire, repeating many times that he is not interested. Sometimes he says it with candor ("I'm not ready"), sometimes with humor ("What, short of suicide, do I have to do to convince people I'm not running?")

Christie, who was elected governor in 2009, was on a Republican Party fund-raising tour with stops in Missouri and California, including a speech at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation & Library on Tuesday night, which only heightened speculation he might change his mind. Excerpts released ahead his speech made no mention of presidential intentions.

"This is a do or die moment for him," said Brigid Harrison, a professor of political science and law at New Jersey's Montclair State University.

"There is a risk in waiting," she said, because by 2016, "he won't be the new kid on the block anymore."

/more: http://www.msnbc.msn...s-decision_2012

The US needs a President who speaks like this

The idea of Palin as president makes me feel ill. Christie gives hope.
With Romney, I see more of the same. (It is a great pity that Mitt lacks
his father's courage. Governor George Romney would have made a fine President.)

#31 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,921 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:41 PM

I'd like to see how the declared candidates do in a discussion like this.

"If you are the executive, the executive needs to lead."
"Our state is extraordinarily over-taxed."
"In NJ, we did not demigog people... we need to treat (our opponents) with respect and fairness."

"What America needs now is someone who will look them in the eye and tell them the truth."
(Does anyone doubt that Christie is doing that.
Does anyone think, say Romney, is doing that?)

"Americans are "tired of blow-dried... tested answers... I don't sound the same."

"Three big things: Keep our budget under control, Pension and benefit reform, improving our education."

"The person who picked me as Vice President would need to be sedated."

#32 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,921 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:10 AM

"What America needs now is someone who will look them in the eye and tell them the truth."
(Does anyone doubt that Christie is doing that.
Does anyone think, say Romney, is doing that?)

Christie to Presidential wannabees : "If you want to be popular and win, try telling the truth." (that's my interpretation.

After Christie Speech, the Answer Is Still 'No'

By JONATHAN WEISMAN

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie delivered a muscular plea for national unity in a speech Tuesday at the Ronald Reagan presidential library. Although he and those close to him have said repeatedly he won't run for president, the California appearance nonetheless stoked speculation he would enter the Republican nomination contest.

Talk of a Christie bid has risen since Thursday night's Republican presidential debate, when a shaky performance by Texas Gov. Rick Perry*, who has led in many polls of the GOP field, sent some Republican donors looking for an alternative.

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie delivers remarks at the Reagan Library in Simi Valley, Calif., on Tuesday.

Asked after his speech whether he would run for president, Mr. Christie referred to answers he has given in the past: He's not running. He also joked that the audience only raised the issue as its second question, saying: "You people are off your game.''

Mr. Christie's brother, Todd Christie, told the Newark Star-Ledger on Tuesday that the first-term governor wouldn't run, saying, "If he's lying to me, I'll be as stunned as I've ever been in my life." That came a day after former New Jersey Gov. Tom Kean told the conservative National Review that odds in favor of a Christie run were increasing.

In answers to audience questions, Mr. Christie also took a swipe at Mr. Perry, criticizing his support of legislation to allow illegal immigrant children to get discounted, in-state tuition to colleges and universities. He also decried Mr. Perry's assertion last week at a presidential debate that opposing such legislation was heartless. "That is not a heartless position," he said. "That is a common-sense position."

Mr. Christie's fiscal management and confrontation with his state's teachers' unions have made him a popular figure among many Republicans nationwide. He has been raising money for candidates beyond New Jersey, including a Tuesday morning appearance in St. Louis for a congressional candidate. The Reagan library sold out its 975-seat auditorium a day and a half after the speech was announced.
. . .
The image of the New Jersey governor delivering a speech on "American exceptionalism" Tuesday night was far removed from his more parochial addresses in his state's capital of Trenton. While cast partly as a foreign-policy address, the speech dwelled on the conduct of the inhabitant of the Oval Office. It sought to contrast Mr. Christie's leadership style to President Barack Obama's, which he described as passive and rudderless.

Mr. Christie also decried "political conduct" that has diminished the nation's standing in the world and left its problems languishing, and he faulted "a president who once talked about the courage of his convictions, but still has yet to find the courage to lead."

But his speech focused on bipartisan compromise, not conservative red meat.

Instead of preaching stripped-down government, as many Republican politicians do, he said an assertive nation "takes resources—resources for defense, for intelligence, for homeland security, for diplomacy."

(hmmm. This last bit needs contemplation>)

/more: http://online.wsj.co...=googlenews_wsj

*(Romney? Too eff-ing smooth, and people doubt he is genuine.)

#33 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,921 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:55 AM

Harris Poll: Romney, Ron Paul Best Obama

Tuesday, 27 Sep 2011 .. By Greg McDonald

Mitt Romney stands the best chance among Republican presidential contenders of beating President Barack Obama in next year’s election, according to a new Harris Interactive poll released Tuesday.

The former Massachusetts governor also was the favored GOP candidate among independent voters, with Texas Rep. Ron Paul following close behind, according to the online survey of 2,462 adults taken in mid-September.

The news was also good for Paul when pitted against Obama in a head-to-head matchup.

While survey participants gave Romney a 53 percent to 47 percent edge over Obama in a general election race, they said Paul could also beat Obama by 51 percent to 49 percent.

When matched up against other Republican candidates however, Obama beats them all, including Texas Gov. Rick Perry by 51 percent to 49 percent.

The poll did give Perry the edge over his GOP challengers in the fight for the nomination, although the Harris analysts were quick to point out that the lead would likely change at the primary race continues.

According to the survey, 22 percent of participants said they would vote for Perry over Romney, who garnered an 18 percent share of support.

Read more on Newsmax.com: Harris Poll: Romney, Ron Paul Best Obama
Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!

#34 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,921 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:23 AM

THey have got to be kidding...

A Romney-Paul Ticket?

Editorial of The New York Sun | September 29, 2011

If Americans had to choose from the current Republican field, the lastest Harris polling shows that Mr. Obama would beat them all save for two — Governor Romney and Congressman Paul. The polling news was brought in Tuesday by Harris, whose most recent tally shows that in a head-to-head race Governor Romney would beat President Obama by something like 53% to 47. If Ron Paul were the Republican nominee, the Harris Poll reckons, he would beat President Obama 51% to 49%. So the thought presents itself: What about a ticket comprising the opposing personas of Messrs. Romney and Paul?

On the face of it the idea seems absurd. Governor Romney is a centrist Republican who has only lately come to the idea that it’s okay to criticize the Federal Reserve. He has stated that he would let no light shine between a Romney administration and Israel. Dr. Paul, in contrast, has operated on the rightward edge of his party. He’s made the repeal of the Federal Reserve Act a goal of his career. His libertarian principles have led him to campaign against America’s foreign and military aid to Israel. Those are but two of the differences that obtain between the two.

Just — or at least — as a thought experiment, though, one could consider the contrary. Dr. Paul has a huge, impassioned following. It’s no small thing that a congressman is polling ahead of an incumbent president, and it no doubt reflects his long adherence to the principles of limited, constitutional government that would maximize liberty. Dr. Paul has an almost ethereal manner, and doesn’t exude what might be called the “executive personality.” He is, one could argue, an educator more than a c.e.o.

But wouldn’t that be a perfect fit for a governor turned president, which is what Mr. Romney would be? Particularly if one considers that Mr. Romney suffers, at least in the view of many, from being a centrist and accommodator, rather than committed libertarian. In other words, it is possible to imagine that Dr. Paul would bring, with his fierce sense of principle, a virtue to the team that Mr. Romney is in need of. And that Mr. Romney’s overall policy mix could benefit from some of Dr. Paul’s ideas.

/more: http://www.nysun.com...l-ticket/87501/

#35 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,921 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:33 PM

With Christie out, maybe straight-talking Jesse Ventura should run

#36 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,921 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:16 AM

Chris Christie said he laughed at this, and said "maybe 8 out of 10 were funny":

Letterman offers Christie fat jokes in Top 10 list
New Jersey Newsroom ^ | 9/29/11 | TOM HESTER SR.

And the Follow-up Show

On Tuesday night, the governor was the subject of David Letterman’s Top 10 list under the topic “Ways the Country Would be Different if Chris Christie was President.”

10. Al-Qaeda taunts America with ‘Yo president’s so fat’ jokes.

9. Goodbye White House vegetable garden.

8. Cabinet now has a Secretary of Cake.

7. New state: Fatassachusetts.

6. Congress does whatever he wants, ‘cause fat guys are, like super-strong when they freak out.

5. Presidential retreat moved from Camp David to Hershey Park.

4. Taxpayers would have to pay for president’s second seat on Air Force One.

3. New National Anthem: The “Chili’s Baby Back Ribs” song.

2. Instead of Iraq, we’d invade IHOP.

1. Scandal when president is caught in Oval Office with Betty Crocker and Sara Lee.

After that.
Watch this: "Real leaders don't read polls, they change polls."

#37 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,921 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:12 AM

The REAL Problem For Chris Christie: Republicans Are Going To Hate Him

Grace Wyler | Sep. 30, 2011,

Republicans, perpetually dissatisfied with the 2012 GOP presidential field, have set their eyes on New Jersey Governor Chris Christie and don't seem to be taking his no(s) for an answer.
Texas Gov. Rick Perry's meltdown at last week's Florida GOP debate added new urgency to their pleas — several big conservative Wall Street donors have basically spent the entire week trying to convince Christie to jump in the race. And word is he may be reconsidering his refusals.

But will he really be the answer to the GOP's prayers? Or will Republicans lose interest as soon as it becomes clear Christie might not be as conservative (or appealing) as the Northeast media thinks he is.
Right now, all anyone can see is a straight-talking governor who has ruthlessly slashed spending and stuck it to Big Labor, all without a hint of a Southern drawl.

But if Christie decides to throw his hat in the ring, they will have to come to terms with the fact that he is unlikely to fly with the party's ultra-conservative, tri-corner-hat-wearing, Bible-toting base.

Here's why:
He supports gun control. That's right — Chris Christie wants to encroach upon the sacred Second. In an interview with Sean Hannity in 2009, Christie said he supports "common-sense" gun control laws to deal with New Jersey's "hand gun problem." Compare that to Rick "Use Both Hands" Perry and Christie's got no shot south of the Mason-Dixon.

He believes in climate change.

He thinks illegal immigrants should get amnesty. If the GOP thought Rick Perry has an illegal immigration problem, just wait until they hear from Christie. He has said that he believes their should be an "orderly path to citizenship," which, to the Tea Party, is pretty much the same thing as an open invitation to cross the border.

He likes Muslims

He called Obama an "ally on education." In a year where more than one of the Republican presidential candidates has called for abolishing the Department of Education entirely, Christie may as well be running as a Democrat.

/more: http://www.businessi...christie-2011-9

#38 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,921 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:25 AM

Here's The Chart That Will Get Obama Fired

Henry Blodget | Oct. 9, 2011

Ezra Klein of the Washington Post has written an excellent treatise on how the American economy collapsed, what the government did about it, and what the government might have done differently that would have actually fixed it.

Posted Image

As the chart makes instantly crystal clear, the Obama administration drastically underestimated how bad the economy was and drastically overestimated its ability to do something about it.
As a result of this, President Obama over-promised and under-delivered on the single most important challenge of his Presidency (so far).

Also as a result, President Obama gave the Republicans ammunition to argue that his stimulus "failed," when, in fact, it helped matters considerably (just not enough to fix everything).
(Obviously it's not this chart that will get Obama fired--it's what the chart shows: Unemployment well above the level at which any President since Roosevelt has been re-elected, and the "failure" of Obama's stimulus to bring it down to a level that he said it would.)

/more: http://www.businessi...a-fired-2011-10

#39 Peace

Peace

Tri-Centurion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:58 AM

broken window fallacy

#40 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,921 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:46 AM

Republican Debate commentary

Mitt Romney: Another sterling debate performance from Romney,

....who once again looked far more presidential than anyone else onstage. During the portion of the debate in which the candidates asked each other questions, rivals like Herman Cain and Rick Perry took direct aim at him; Romney hit back hard at Perry, leaving him looking like a schoolboy with his hand caught in the candy jar, and suggested Cain's claim that Romney's economic plan was too complicated showed Cain didn't understand the complicated nature of the economy. When Romney asked his question, he directed a softball to Michele Bachmann - a show of strength in light of Bachmann's long odds at winning the nomination. Romney would be all too happy to see Bachmann stick around at least until to the Iowa caucuses, where she can split the conservative vote with Cain and Perry and give Romney the opening he needs to win the state.

/more: http://www.cbsnews.c...966-503544.html

Reaction:

Sorry, Mitt, but nobody more clearly represents the Toxic Corp-topcracy that is strangling the country more that your-goodself. I think the reason that Herman Caine's popularity is growing is he represents a breath of fresh air.

Want to win, Mitt?
You might need to run against yourself. Still, the polls have you ahead, so I must be a voice in the wilderness.

Goodbye, Mr Perry, and Hello Herman:
Posted Image

http://www.gallup.co...l/election.aspx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users