Are these spambots annoying anyone else?

Funny - I was just about to post something myself.

After a quick browse around t'internet it appears to be a massive problem ATM. I just read that humans are being paid to spam/register, so it may not necessarily be a bot to start with.

I found this site which looks promising http://botscout.com/

Do the Mods want to have a look at the above site and/or contact them to see if they can help?

Apologies for the inconvenience, I am trying to keep on top of the spammers.

Hard job I would have thought.

Virtually impossible as you get rid of one and another appears. A bit like that game where heads pop up and you bash them down with a hammer only for another to pop up again!

That said you're doing a good job.

Yes - spambots do seem to be a problem

On one hand I can understand that DrB does not want to many administrators

On the other hand DrB might want to appoint some additional admin's who would agree to kill spambots only.

That you sticking your hand up LDB :lol: Mod's take note of the volunteer's name.

Agree with all other comments, shame you can't enforce a minimum number of posts before starting a thread, but 100 seems a tad high.

That you sticking your hand up LDB :lol: Mod's take note of the volunteer's name.

Agree with all other comments, shame you can't enforce a minimum number of posts before starting a thread, but 100 seems a tad high.

I wouldnt want to admin (nanny?) the GEI slagging match of the day. BUT wouldnt say no to a licence to toast spambots.

PS suggest 25 posts to start a thread - most spambots only make 6 or so it seems

Archived