Discussion: A Moderation Decision

I've deleted your comments that will be deemed to have overstepped the mark.

You'll only get banned again Ziknik. Is it worth the bother?

Just put whoever it is that annoys you on ignore and go from there.

:lol: Do you realise you've deleted the post where I asked not to be deleted? Sometimes you've just got to laugh (I know you've done it for the right reasons)

I'm not bothered about being banned. I've recently served a 1 week suspension for being 'abusive'. I sent a couple of PM's to RH but I honestly cannot remember being abusive in them. I asked him about it but he's ignored me.

Being banned has become the new norm.

[i wrote a post to go here, but I will PM it to you instead. I'll get banned]

I posted the PM in thread and it's been deleted. It was just some stuff about back stabbers and being expected to behave like an adult when you are being treated like a child. I may have mentioned Hilter too :rolleyes:

No big loss.

EDIT: I just see that this sort of got out of control again. Apparently this is more a problem with one mod.

I don't have a big issue with RH believe it or not. In fact, I sent him a PM to explain why I pick him out in threads like so I hope he understands where I am coming from. I've no idea what his POV is, he doesn't reply when I PM him.

WRT Steve NW: I signed up here years ago as 'Nikki Z'. One day I came to the forum to find I had been banned/deleted. I've no idea why I was banned and deleted. Later (when cgnao joined) I came back and signed up again as 'Ziknik'. I never mentioned the Nikki Z account. And then I saw Steve ban/delete CDSWamp and got pissed about it. If anything, the moderation is improved here from what was happening a few years ago.

:lol: Do you realise you've deleted the post where I asked not to be deleted? Sometimes you've just got to laugh (I know you've done it for the right reasons)

Yes, I do realise. But I was just saving you from getting banned by someone else.

You have a great website with great charts and clearly have a lot to offer, so don't let idiots on chat boards wind you up. Think filter rather than f-u.

I had a night of ranting at HPC moderation and it's just not worth bothering. I kept having posts deleted. I think moderator was on the booze late at night. And it feels like it's a violation.

But at the end of the day it's a chat board and chat boards attract nutters (we are all nutters here in one way or the other) so filter out the idiots is my advice.

Now how do you differentiate between a nutter and an idiot ?

And then I saw Steve ban/delete CDSWamp and got pissed about it.

This was more than appropriate. Swampy might be a nice chap in real life, and I am sure that I would have a great time talking gold with him over a beer. But on this forum he just couldn't behave himself. Also, ask yourself why Steve is not here anymore. IMO, a HUGE loss for this forum.

Yes, I do realise. But I was just saving you from getting banned by someone else.

You have a great website with great charts and clearly have a lot to offer, so don't let idiots on chat boards wind you up. Think filter rather than f-u.

I had a night of ranting at HPC moderation and it's just not worth bothering. I kept having posts deleted. I think moderator was on the booze late at night. And it feels like it's a violation.

But at the end of the day it's a chat board and chat boards attract nutters (we are all nutters here in one way or the other) so filter out the idiots is my advice.

Now how do you differentiate between a nutter and an idiot ?

Thank you very much CC. It’s nice to be given another chance and I will do my best to respond positively.

On the subject of nutters… I think I am one

Idiots are too stupid to know they are an idiot. Nutters do know they are nutters. I must be somewhere inbetween

This was more than appropriate. Swampy might be a nice chap in real life, and I am sure that I would have a great time talking gold with him over a beer. But on this forum he just couldn't behave himself.

I don’t often moan about a lack of moderation but this is an example where the moderators at the time (I can’t remember if you were one) have failed. To ban him was fair enough IMO. To delete every single post was saying “We’ve incorrectly been turning a blind eye and now there is too much mess to fix”.

I offered to go through every single post of his and report all the ones that breeched copyright so too much mess was not an excuse. I ignored 99% of his posts btw, I’m not a sycophant.

Also, ask yourself why Steve is not here anymore. IMO, a HUGE loss for this forum.

I had no idea that Steve wasn’t here. I sent him a PM last week and I know he opened it. (It wasn’t anything aggressive or negative IMO) He didn’t respond.

He mostly posted in the threads I don’t read (the pinned ones) so I never really noticed when he was here and when he wasn’t.

Asking myself why Steve isn’t here…

… I can only guess and I hope you come back to tell me the answer.

I’ve actually written 5 possible reasons why Steve might have left but it’s probably better if I don’t post them.

Please tell me why Steve has left. PM me and I won’t tell anyone you told me. You should know I am good for my word, I didn’t release the PM’s I exchanged with DrBubb although I was dying to do so.

I’ll continue with the GOM thing while I am patiently waiting for G0ldfinger to respond to my question above

I did not do the banning, but the story in brief was:

GoM promised to behave himself, when he became CDS's voice here,

and then he failed to do so.

I notice ‘The Swamp Question’ thread has been deleted so I cannot find the post where you invited GOM to bring the voice of Swampy to the forum.

I have found the quote below from another thread showing you thanking Gom for acting as intermediary.

So it’s kinda looking like you invited Gom to act, thanked him for acting and then another mod stuck a lifetime ban on GoM for doing so.

We don’t know who the other mod was yet as they have not identified themselves. Maybe it was Steve who is not here at the moment due to a currently unknown reason.

Does anyone else know why Steve isn’t here? I’m don’t believe I am likely to get an answer from G0ldfinger.

Thanks for acting as an intermediary here. GOM.

Let's see what CDS has to say after a long absence from this Forum.

I am sure that several GEI members, myself included, will read his thoughts with interest.

This was more than appropriate. Swampy might be a nice chap in real life, and I am sure that I would have a great time talking gold with him over a beer. But on this forum he just couldn't behave himself. Also, ask yourself why Steve is not here anymore. IMO, a HUGE loss for this forum.

I think I’ve got it!!!!

+Steve said he would leave the forum if Swampy was ever allowed to return.

+DrBubb invited Gom to bring the voice of swampy to the forum

+ Steve got pee’d off about it, stuck a lifetime ban on GoM and then walked.

Is that right? Did I get it?

So it’s nothing to do with me… right?

And now the ban on GOM cannot be lifted if there is any chance of Steve coming back. In G0ldfingers words Steve is a “HUGE loss for this forum”. And in DrBubbs words (paraphrased) “Steve is essential to the forum”. So I am totally wasting my time in this thread.

And Drbubb allowed me to return early from my 108 day ban because Steve wasn’t here anymore.

G0ldfinger – did I get it?

I sent a loooooooooooong PM to Steve today (he’s not had a chance to read it yet). Steve, if you’re reading – everything I wrote in the PM stands, even now I think it’s nothing to do with me. I wish I didn’t send you my life story though.

I can still recall the message cos he’s not read it but I’m not going to.

While I am washing the linen –

I picked the girl I wanted from ‘The worlds greatest dating site’ advert, went to the site, paid my money and she’s not there!

I complained to the site and they told me she’s not a member. She’s a model they paid for the advertisement.

Frankly I think it’s poor. I had my photo-shopped images of myself ready and I’d typed up all the best lines from my ‘how to score with really thick looking fit birds’ book.

I feel really ripped off. Now I have to trawl all the model agency websites on the net, set up a fake photo shoot and hire the girl.

This is going to cost me a fortune and all because I saw an ad on GEI and was unable to control my urge for v107£n(£.

I think the ad should be removed before other decent human beings such as myself fall in to the same trap.

And others may be plain embarrassed to be seen on a site with sexually provocative images.

Neverending story.

There’s a reason these stories never end.

The mods here don’t C O M M U N I C A T E

Go take a look on Pixel8rs 24knews site.

Not one person there (including me) ever mentions CDSWamp and Gom (GoM isn’t banned).

You know why I don’t cry continuously on 24Knews?

It’s because Pixel8r is polite enough to C O M M U N I C A T E

I appreciate you didn’t ban GOM and I appreciate you don’t always have enough time (I do appreciate it when you do reply btw) BUT you’ve knowingly sown the ‘Why isn’t Steve here anymore’ seed and left me hanging for an answer!!!

EDIT: I just see that this sort of got out of control again. Apparently this is more a problem with one mod.

And again and again and again and again and…. It’s the never ending story remember.

My point was simply to get you think about the fact that the mods are not always of one opinion either.

I support good communication, so someone who get's suspended should be told why and for how long, but I am pretty sure that all other mods try to do this (even if there is a certain lack of time).

yes it certainly looks that way

Yes. I will therefore close both threads now.

I think it is really time to move on.

I am happy to check every now and then if a poster hasn't been posting for a while, why this is and whether there is an erroneous suspension or something like that in place. Other than that I would say let's move on.

There will always be different opinions about suspensions, and that is not too dramatic as long as it is not about permanent suspensions. The permanent suspensions that we had were all justified, and if these posters came back in disguise and behaved well, no one would care. Even GOM's recent puppet has not be suspended as far as I know.

please do not close this thread.

It's harmless. nobody is looking at it and there's no link on the main page.

what will you achieve by closing the thread? - Don't answer, just think about it.

I might get myself into trouble, but for now I leave them.

I might get myself into trouble, but for now I leave them.

Trouble?

1. DrBubb will shout at you?

or

2. This thread will attract trouble causers (me)?

If 1: Tell him to shut it - I don't believe DrBubb would say owt to you

If 2: There's nothing stopping me starting another thread in the main forum. Even if you banned me, I could sign up another puppet and post in the main forum so I am better off left down here in the gulag.

I support good communication, so someone who get's suspended should be told why and for how long, but I am pretty sure that all other mods try to do this (even if there is a certain lack of time).

Nope

I've been banned 5 times (3 different socks) and only once did I know* the reason for the ban AND the length of the ban.

* I didn't agree with it (I thought it was harsh)

It's really poor. Ask any of the member who have been banned and they will tell you similar things.

Is it any wonder people come back looking for a fight?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived