Water from the air

Howdy howdy,

Probably you have heard of this - I had, but I hadn't found the article. IMHO one of the best things you can do

aside from storing water is being able to generate it at will. You may already know there are moves afoot to make

water something that is for those who can pay for it so FGS get one or two of these babies before it is too late!

Here it is:

<script src='http://img135.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=eco59marcparent.jpg&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript>eco59marcparent.jpg</noscript>

Water from air: A life-changing innovation

Source: Wipo Magazine

Published August 2010

An essential and life-sustaining element, water is drawn from many sources - the ground, reservoirs, plants and the sea. Although some 70 percent of the Earth’s surface is covered by it, much of it is saline and inaccessible. In 2006 an estimated 1.1 billion people lacked access to safe drinking water and an estimated 1.8 million fell victim to waterborne diseases.

While significant progress has been made toward the Millennium Development Goal of halving the number of people without access to safe drinking water worldwide between 1990 and 2015, major challenges remain, particularly for those in isolated, rural areas.

Marc Parent, a French inventor and entrepreneur, believes his pioneering technology, which harvests the humidity in the air by using the power of the wind, offers a solution to this widespread problem. Wipo Magazine sat down with this inspiring inventor to learn more about his groundbreaking technology.

“This invention will allow many people to have access to… clean and healthy water every day, simply by using the energy of the wind.”

Humans have used windmills for millennia to convert the wind’s energy into power. While somewhat eclipsed in the 20th century, windmills are once again becoming a common feature of the landscape in the move towards greener, more sustainable forms of energy. Marc Parent’s invention adds an innovative dimension to these iconic machines and their use. It looks like a standard windmill and works like a classic windmill insofar as it harnesses the energy of the wind to generate power. But it is singularly different in that it does not pump water; it actually produces it.

For Marc Parent, innovation is a vocation. He said, “It is a passion and a duty. I can’t let go because, first of all, I am stubborn and I know there is a need and it’s important. It is not a gadget; it works… There are people who could come and drink water from these machines if they existed.”

Read full article at: http://www.wipo.int/wipo_magazine/en/2010/04/article_0005.html

For more information please visit the website: http://www.eolewater.com/

The article goes on to say the device works best in environments that have humidity and wind but I wonder if there are times (sunrise/sunset) that it could work well in a less humid environment.

“Water is not a luxury reserved for the rich; water is the source of life.”

The company is seeking to identify and work with national partners who share a similar worldview and a common interest in bringing clean and safe water to those most in need. “We need partners who have the same spirit and ethics and where money is not the first priority. We all have to earn a living, but money isn’t everything”, he said. “This technology is something that needs to serve the public interest.”

Archived