Solar panels for the home?

My first question would almost certainly be 'Are you looking for the panels to produce electricity or hot water?'. Please give a little more detail as to what you are trying to achieve and perhaps I and others here can help. :-)

My first question would almost certainly be 'Are you looking for the panels to produce electricity or hot water?'. Please give a little more detail as to what you are trying to achieve and perhaps I and others here can help. :-)

Electricity to power household lights, tv, computer etc.....and possibly to have hot water too. Or maybe a wind-mill would be better?

Unfortunately my knowledge of solar is somewhat limited in the solar to electricty direction, it's something that I intend in the Autumn and again next Spring to research to see how they play in the UK Environment in the hope of finding both the pro's and con's throughout the annual cycle.

If you're serious about creating a mill you may enjoy link below (though I hope I'm not teaching you to suck eggs)

Does anybody have any suggestions of a good company offering these or a particular type of system. I'm a total newby to the subject and would appreaciate any pointers. Cheers.

Spent ages looking myself there are so many. The most prominent in the U.K is solar century, but plenty others. Do you want it integrated onto a roof or free standing will be one decision if going in their direction.

Archived