Harvey Sweinstein Affair : Leftist Hollywood is exposed

23 replies to this topic

#1 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,703 posts
  • Interests:Trading and investing in stocks and commodities. Writing articles on related subjects, while building this website. I am interested in creating ways for communities

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:07 AM

The Harvey Weinstein Affair : Big Dem Donor in Trouble

Harvey Weinstein tarnishes Hollywood, Democrats

It’s hard to say which entity has been more badly tarnished by the Harvey Weinstein sexual harassment accusations: the Democratic Party or Hollywood.

An entertainment insider who played heavily in politics, Mr. Weinstein has managed to taint them both with a scandal that has contributed to the perception that neither Democrats nor Hollywood has walked the talk on sexual harassment.

Despite efforts by celebrities and Democrats to champion women, the shocking sexual misconduct reports have dredged up reminders of the Hollywood casting couch as well as the party’s blind eye to the sexual lapses of top Democrats, starting with former President Bill Clinton.

MAG: THREE WOMEN ACCUSE WEINSTEIN OF RAPE...

PALTROW, JOLIE CASTING-COUCH ABUSE...

CRIMINAL CHARGES?

WIFE WALKS...

Ronan Farrow Says He Was Threatened...

KATZENBERG: THE TWO HARVEYS...

TINA BROWN: Volcanic rage erupts from raw insecurity...

NBC Passed On Bombshell Story...

PAPER: HARVEY HIRES LAWYER TO 'DISCREDIT' VICTIMS...

After delay, Clinton and Obama condemn...

Inside NYPD Sting...

The story, written by Ronan Farrow, claims Weinstein forcibly performed or received oral sex and also forced vaginal sex on women. It also contains on-the-record accounts from Mira Sorvino and Rosanna Arquette of encounters or business meetings with Weinstein that devolved into being propositioned sexually. The deeply reported story will likely exacerbate Weinstein’s problems at a time when reports of previous instances of harassment have left him ostracized in Hollywood and fighting for his professional life.

The market is "bipolar", swinging back and forth from a focus on Inflation to Deflation. Bet on swings; and stay flexible. What are bipolar markets? See: http://tinyurl.com/GEI-Manix

#2 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,703 posts
  • Interests:Trading and investing in stocks and commodities. Writing articles on related subjects, while building this website. I am interested in creating ways for communities

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:18 AM

The Fall of Harvey Weinstein

Holy hell, Stefan was retweeted by Donald Trump jr.

The scumbag, Weinstein, was surrounded by Hollywood people, lecturing us on what is right,

while ignoring his wrong-doing

The market is "bipolar", swinging back and forth from a focus on Inflation to Deflation. Bet on swings; and stay flexible. What are bipolar markets? See: http://tinyurl.com/GEI-Manix

#3 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,703 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:27 AM

Tucker calls Hillary "Enabler in Chief" - of abuse of women

"Married to Bill Clinton, Weiner was married to her chief aid... Weinstein was one of her best friends... & raised $1 million for her."

Is Hillary the 'enabler-in-chief'?

Meantime, Variety tries to blame Weinstein's behavior on Trump (!!)

Harvey Weinstein: Just Another Hideous Example of Abuse of Power in Hollywood

What sickens me most about the sexual abuse allegations leveled against Harvey Weinstein is that they represent yet another glaring example of abuse of power. Thsense of entitlement and audacity possessed by powerful men in business and politics like Weinstein, Bill Cosby, Roger Ailes, Bill O’Reilly and Donald Trump is deplorable.

The Fall of Harvey Weinstein: From Indie Powerhouse to Hollywood Pariah

Heather Graham Says Harvey Weinstein Implied She Needed To Have Sex With Him For Movie Role

Tucker demolishes the B.S.

"Weinstein could never have gotten away with this behavior without ENABLERS LIKE HILLARY (who knew about it.)
Hundreds knew about it."

Tucker Carlson Tonight 10/10/17 | Fox News Today October 10, 2017

"The government should launch an investigation against Hollywood for its culture of abuse"

Democratic hypocrisy, & willingness to not-see:

NBC Passed On Bombshell Story...
PAPER: HARVEY HIRES LAWYER TO 'DISCREDIT' VICTIMS...

After delay, Clinton and Obama condemn...

Clinton and Democrats have come under criticism from Republicans over Weinstein, who gave more than $1.4 million to federal campaigns and political action committees, mostly to Democrats, between 1990 and 2016, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

On Tuesday, new reports that Weinstein had allegedly raped several women, and that his harassment victims included stars such as Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie, ensured another huge day of coverage and questions about donations for any Democrat willing to appear on television.

Ronna Romney McDaniel, the chairwoman of the Republican National Committee, took swipes via social media at both Clinton and Michelle Obama.

“So Michelle Obama speaks out against women in the @GOP, but won’t stand up for the women assaulted by Weinstein?” she questioned on Twitter.

Michelle Obama praised Weinstein in 2013 as a “wonderful human being, a good friend and just a powerhouse.”

In the 2012 cycle, Weinstein donated more than $5,000 to Obama for America and more than $66,000 to the Obama Victory Fund, according to the Federal Election Commission (FEC).

Weinstein was also a bundler for President Obama, including teaming up with Vogue editor Anna Wintour for at least two fundraisers in 2012, where a top-flight roster of liberal donors paid $35,800 to co-host and individuals paid $10,000 each to get in.

Patti Solis Doyle, Clinton’s 2008 presidential campaign manager, said ahead of Clinton’s comments that her silence was “disappointing” given her long-standing work on the rights of women and girls.

“And as long as I have known her, she really has walked the walk and talked the talk on this. ... So personally it is, it is disappointing that she hasn’t come out and condemned Harvey Weinstein,” she told CNN hours before Clinton’s statement was released.

Weinstein donated $5,400 to Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign, as well as more than $33,000 to the Hillary Victory Fund — a joint operation between the campaign, the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and state parties, according to FEC records.

#4 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,703 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:11 AM

"The Fear turned him on" (he's a monster)

PJW, I'M SO POWERFUL 10/10/17 ALEX JONES INFOWARS

Fashion designer Donna Karan* defended him - "they asked for it," she says

(why are some people willing to accept this behavior... when their own daughters are not involved?)

Early life

Karan was born Donna Ivy Faske to mother Helen ("Queenie") and father Gabby Faske in the Forest Hills neighborhood of the Borough of Queens, New York City. Her family is Jewish. Karan's mother had been a model and had also worked in designer Chester Weinberg's showroom. Her father was a tailor and haberdasher who died when Donna was three years old. Karan and her older sister Gail were raised by their mother in Woodmere, in the Five Towns region of Nassau County, New York.She graduated from Hewlett High School in 1966,[6] and then went to the Parsons School of Design

==

> https://en.wikipedia...iki/Donna_Karan

"Michael Moore has still not disavowed"

Early life

Michael Moore was born in Flint, Michigan, and raised in Davison, a suburb of Flint, by parents Helen Veronica (née Wall),[7] a secretary, and Francis Richard "Frank" Moore, an automotive assembly-line worker.[8][9][10][11] At that time, the city of Flint was home to many General Motors factories, where his parents and grandfather worked. His uncle LaVerne was one of the founders of the United Automobile Workers labor union and participated in the Flint Sit-Down Strike.

Moore was brought up Catholic, and has Irish, Scottish, and English ancestry. He attended parochial St. John's Elementary School for primary school and later attended St. Paul's Seminary in Saginaw, Michigan, for a year. He then attended Davison High School, where he was active in both drama and debate, graduating in 1972. As a member of the Boy Scouts of America, he achieved the rank of Eagle Scout. At the age of 18, he was elected to the Davison school board. At the time he was the youngest person elected to office in the U.S., as the minimum age to hold public office had just been lowered to 18

==

> https://en.wikipedia...i/Michael_Moore

#5 rigger

rigger

Tri-Centurion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:21 PM

"The Fear turned him on" (he's a monster)

PJW, I'M SO POWERFUL 10/10/17 ALEX JONES INFOWARS

Fashion designer Donna Karan* defended him - "they asked for it," she says

(why are some people willing to accept this behavior... when their own daughters are not involved?)

Early life

Karan was born Donna Ivy Faske to mother Helen ("Queenie") and father Gabby Faske in the Forest Hills neighborhood of the Borough of Queens, New York City. Her family is Jewish. Karan's mother had been a model and had also worked in designer Chester Weinberg's showroom. Her father was a tailor and haberdasher who died when Donna was three years old. Karan and her older sister Gail were raised by their mother in Woodmere, in the Five Towns region of Nassau County, New York.She graduated from Hewlett High School in 1966,[6] and then went to the Parsons School of Design

==

> https://en.wikipedia...iki/Donna_Karan

"Michael Moore has still not disavowed"

Early life

Michael Moore was born in Flint, Michigan, and raised in Davison, a suburb of Flint, by parents Helen Veronica (née Wall),[7] a secretary, and Francis Richard "Frank" Moore, an automotive assembly-line worker.[8][9][10][11] At that time, the city of Flint was home to many General Motors factories, where his parents and grandfather worked. His uncle LaVerne was one of the founders of the United Automobile Workers labor union and participated in the Flint Sit-Down Strike.

Moore was brought up Catholic, and has Irish, Scottish, and English ancestry. He attended parochial St. John's Elementary School for primary school and later attended St. Paul's Seminary in Saginaw, Michigan, for a year. He then attended Davison High School, where he was active in both drama and debate, graduating in 1972. As a member of the Boy Scouts of America, he achieved the rank of Eagle Scout. At the age of 18, he was elected to the Davison school board. At the time he was the youngest person elected to office in the U.S., as the minimum age to hold public office had just been lowered to 18

==

> https://en.wikipedia...i/Michael_Moore

Interesting to see this story develop after all the dirt thrown at Trump.

SJW Hillary......

#6 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,703 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:40 PM

Interesting to see this story develop after all the dirt thrown at Trump.

SJW Hillary......

(from above):

"The scumbag, Weinstein, was surrounded by Hollywood people, lecturing us on what is right,

while ignoring his wrong-doing"

Are we near the end of Hollywood - or the end of Hollywood support for its (satanic) scumbags?

new-york-times-live-read-photo-credit-ni
GOOD WILL PUNTING

In a sign that the controversy over the producer Harvey Weinstein could engulf other people in the film industry, the actress Rose McGowan accused Ben Affleck of lying on Tuesday about his knowledge of Mr. Weinstein’s alleged sexual harassment and assaults of women.

Ms. McGowan, in a tweet and a subsequent email exchange with The New York Times on Tuesday night, said she had told Mr. Affleck that Mr. Weinstein had behaved inappropriately with her.

Mr. Affleck, who rose to stardom with help from Mr. Weinstein on the 1997 film “Good Will Hunting,” had said earlier Tuesday that he was “angry” over Mr. Weinstein’s alleged abuse of women, but he gave no indication of whether he knew about it. “I find myself asking what I can do to make sure this doesn’t happen to others,” Mr. Affleck said in a statement.

Hours later, Ms. McGowan addressed the tweet to Mr. Affleck accusing him of omitting information in his statement. She quotes him telling her that Mr. Weinstein had mistreated other women.

Photo
11WEINSTEIN-MEN5-blog427.jpg

Rose McGowan Credit Matt Winkelmeyer/Getty Images for TCM

“‘GODDAMNIT! I TOLD HIM TO STOP DOING THAT’ you said that to my face,” Ms. McGowan wrote in the tweet.

“The press conf I was made to go to after assault. You lie.”

Ben Affleck Accused of Groping Actress...

#7 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,703 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:49 PM

Leftwing Cover-up failed

How NBC 'Killed' Bombshell Story...

Top Execs Buried?

Ronan Farrow Says He Was Threatened...

==

Freelance NBC News correspondent Ronan Farrow, whose months-long investigation into reports of Harvey Weinstein’s sexual misconduct was spiked by the network but morphed into a journalistic blockbuster at The New Yorker, initiated a scuffle with the Peacock Network on Tuesday night.

Appearing on MSNBC’s The Rachel Maddow Show—which, like NBC, is a property of NBC Universal and its parent company Comcast—Farrow disputed what sources said was NBC News President Noah Oppenheim’s judgment this past summer that Farrow’s reporting on the movie mogul and the women he allegedly harassed and assaulted wasn’t ready for prime-time.

Addressing a controversy that has been percolating for the past several days in the media ecosystem since The New York Times published its own Weinstein exposé—including questions about whether NBC executives caved to the well-connected Weinstein and his formidable lawyers, Charles Harder, Lisa Bloom, and David Boies—Maddow brought it to a boiling point by telling Farrow: “NBC says that the story wasn’t publishable, that it wasn’t ready to go at the time that you brought it to them.”

Farrow fired back: “I walked into the door at The New Yorker with an explosively reportable piece that should have been public earlier. And immediately, obviously, The New Yorker recognized that. And it is not accurate to say that it was not reportable. In fact, there were multiple determinations that it was reportable at NBC.”

. . .

The NY Times initially broke the story last week, then The New Yorker followed suit with Ronan Farrow’s thorough — and thoroughly disgusting — report, complete with audio. But a new report suggests that NBC News first had this story and chose not to report it, which leads to some important questions. Who at NBC News passed on this story?

Why would they choose not to cover such an enormous and important story? And was there some sort of mandate from above?

. . .

Months ago, however, the 29-year-old Farrow, a lawyer and member of the New York Bar, did indeed secure for his investigation an incriminating audio recording made by the New York Police Department in March 2015 and which now accompanies Farrow’s article on The New Yorker’s website. It’s essentially a sting tape for which the Special Victims Unit had wired 22-year-old Filipina-Italian model Ambra Battilana Gutierrez, who’d formally complained to the cops that he’d groped her breast and tried to put his hand up her skirt the previous day, and sent her to meet the movie mogul at the Tribeca Grand Hotel.

After initially refusing Weinstein’s invitation to join him in his hotel room—and resisting his entreaties to come in, sit down, and have a drink while he took a shower—Gutierrez had a fraught back-and-forth with Weinstein on tape as she asked him why he’d groped her breasts.

“Oh, please, I’m sorry, just come on in,” Weinstein answered, in The New Yorker’s account. “I’m used to that. Come on. Please.”

“You’re used to that?” Gutierrez asked, disbelieving.

“Yes,” Weinstein said. In an apparent admission, he added, “I won’t do it again.”

The cops were thwarted in their attempt to question Weinstein when he demanded his lawyer, and in the end, no charges were filed.

Ironically, despite the fact that NBC News had access to the recording for several months and certainly could have used it as part of Farrow’s report, both NBC and MSNBC were at pains on Tuesday to credit The New Yorker in their repeated replays of the bombshell tape.

#8 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,703 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:19 PM

"A tough conversation... I recommend you make it through to the end"

The Harvey Weinstein Scandal: Aftermath

Comparisons with Roman Polanski - who fled to France, after conviction for rape-of-a-minor.

"A giant hole in US artistic landscape (haha), because Weinstein has gone to Europe... 'for treatment' "

HOW MANY colluded with this corruption?

The many of those who colluded, are now fabulously rich

#9 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,703 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:43 PM

In case you forgot a horrible film made in 2015

> http://www.greenener...showtopic=20517

New Film : An abhorrent promotion of hatred of whites!

The Hateful Eight - by the Weinstein Brothers needs to be exposed as a Filth film

To promote further hatred and degradation of our culture

The Scvms are at it again

The images in this will infect our culture

Samuel L Jackson should be ashamed (and r33med maybe?) for the role he played in this

Date: 12-28-15

Dr. Duke, Pastor Dankof & Dr. Slattery Expose the vicious ultra-racist anti-White,

Weinstein Bros. hate flick The Hateful 8 !

MP3 :

Whites are being dumbed down and degraded.

The cultural marxists did this to white women (like the pathetic Miley Cyrus)

Are we now seeing the next step in the agenda

=

Would it be unrealistic to expect Weinstein to be arrested, imprisoned, and subjected to every indignity in the film?

#10 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,703 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:15 PM

Latest count: 30 Women have come forward!

Ann Coulter Talks Harvey Weinstein Scandal, Bob Corker

Up 10X in less than a week, from:

MAG: THREE WOMEN ACCUSE WEINSTEIN OF RAPE...

4518B3E400000578-4971192-image-a-12_1507

He certainly needs a good probing

FBI PROBES WEINSTEIN

EXCLUSIVE: Trump's Justice Department moves on Harvey Weinstein and orders FBI to open probe over fears he will 'do a Polanski'

• The FBI has opened an investigation into Harvey Weinstein for alleged sex crimes, DailyMail.com has exclusively learned on Wednesday 
  • Three women, including Actress Asia Argento and Lucia Evans, have come forward and claimed the producer forced himself on them sexually
  • The DOJ's order is likely to be seen in a political light given Weinstein's friendship with President Trump's defeated rival Hillary Clinton
  • Weinstein donated heavily to Clinton and although she said she was shocked and dismayed by his actions, she hasn't returned any of his contributions
  • The 65-year-old is said to be planning to depart for Europe in order to receive professional treatment and go to sex therapy in wake of the scandal
  • His hasty international departure sparks fears of a Roman Polanski-style situation, where he dodges prosecution in the U.S
  • Polanski has managed to avoid US officials since he plead guilty to having sex with a 13-year-old in 1978
453CB18900000578-4971192-image-a-14_1507
When do we move on to discussing HER (allegedly) far more serious crimes ??

#11 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,703 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:25 PM

The REAL privilege that needs investigating :

Harvey Weinstein For Years Used His #WhiteJewPrivilege To Donald Trump Women Of Hollywood!

Published on Oct 11, 2017

Comment:

photo.jpg

JewPrivilege. They are not whites. They are Jews.

#12 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,703 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:11 AM

Wanted a Threesome

Weinstein: Cara Delevingne latest to make claims against movie mogul

467a7d50-84d2-11e6-bd37-07ce35431af7_sky
Philip Whiteside, News Reporter
Sky News 11 October 2017

British model and actress Cara Delevingne is the latest celebrity to claim she received unwanted advances from movie mogul Harvey Weinstein.

In a post on Instagram , she said she was invited up to his room where he asked her to kiss another woman, before later trying to kiss her on the lips.

It came as the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, which hand out the Oscars, said they would be holding a meeting on Saturday to discuss any action to be taken.

Delevingne wrote on Instagram: "I went to a meeting with him in the lobby of a hotel with a director about an upcoming film.

"The director left the meeting and Harvey asked me to stay and chat with him. As soon as we were alone he began to brag about all the actresses he had slept with and how he had made their careers and spoke about other inappropriate things of a sexual nature.

"He then invited me to his room. I quickly declined and asked his assistant if my car was outside. She said it wasn't and wouldn't be for a bit and I should go to his room.

"At that moment I felt very powerless and scared but didn't want to act that way hoping that I was wrong about the situation.

"When I arrived I was relieved to find another woman in his room and thought immediately I was safe.

"He asked us to kiss and she began some sort of advances upon his direction. I swiftly got up and asked him if he knew that I could sing. And I began to sing....i thought it would make the situation better....more professional....like an audition....i was so nervous.

"After singing I said again that I had to leave. He walked me to the door and stood in front of it and tried to kiss me on the lips. I stopped him and managed to get out of the room."

She said she ended up being given the part in the film but later felt "awful" and "guilty" about whether she had done something wrong.

Delevingne does not state what the film was, but she played a part in the Weinstein Company film Tulip Fever - released last month.

==

> more: https://uk.news.yaho...-200300047.html

#13 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,703 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:06 PM

TWITTER SUSPENDS MCGOWAN ACCOUNT...

The actress, who has emerged as a Hollywood voice in the Harvey Weinstein sexual-assault scandal, revealed that Twitter had locked her account on Wednesday night.

Rose McGowan had a hold placed on her Twitter account Wednesday night, an act that quickly sparked outrage among the many users who have been following her posts ever since news first broke of the allegations against Harvey Weinstein. 

The actress, who has emerged as a Hollywood voice after finding herself thrust into the center of the developing story of sexual misconduct, harassment and assault allegations against the movie mogul, took to her Instagram and Facebook accounts to relay the news of her temporary suspension, writing cryptically that "TWITTER HAS SUSPENDED ME. THERE ARE POWERFUL FORCES AT WORK. BE MY VOICE. #ROSEARMY.”

She added a screenshot from a message from Twitter telling her that she had violated their terms of service and that she would be locked out for 12 hours once she deleted certain tweets. She posted the message late Wednesday night.

As of 7:20 a.m. PT on Thursday, Twitter had unlocked McGowan's account, telling THR the temporary lock was due to the actress tweeting out a private number, which falls under the private information violation under Twitter Rules. McGowan deleted the post to regain access.

"We have been in touch with Ms. McGowan's team," Twitter's chief spokesperson, Kristin Binns, said in a statement. "We want to explain that her account was temporarily locked because one of her tweets included a private phone number, which violates our Terms of Service. The tweet was removed, and her account has been unlocked."

McGowan responded just before noon with one tweet. 

"When will nuclear war violate your terms of service?" she tweeted.

BACKLASH...

Some women call for a boycott of Twitter after actress Rose McGowan is partially suspended

Clinton Aides Gang Up On Accuser Boyfriend...

Current and former aides to Hillary Clinton ganged up on Anthony Bourdain on Twitter after Bourdain criticized Clinton for her delayed response to the sexual harassment allegations against Harvey Weinstein.

DL75zeqWkAAu2kr.jpg

FBI, NYPD, Scotland Yard Probe Weinstein...

Trump's Justice Department moves on Harvey Weinstein and orders FBI to open probe over fears he will 'do a Polanski

LIZ SMITH: NOT Ashamed of Supporting Harvey All These Years...

Company was struggling financially even before allegations...

#14 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,703 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:17 PM

Affleck Afflicked?
Affleck Groping Could Put 'JUSTICE LEAGUE' in Jeopardy...

MORE allegations emerge...

#15 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,703 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:07 PM

Affliction spreading?

MCGOWAN ACCUSES BEZOS OF HARASSMENT COVERUP
'WON DIRTY OSCAR'
AMAZON SUSPENDS STUDIO CHIEF

#16 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,703 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:05 PM

Weinstein is Leftwing lightning rod, even for those on the left

1242911076001_5604919512001_560490758400

BLOODIED ON THE BOULEVARD: Harvey cracks open sex harassment secret in Hollywood...

The fallout: How the Harvey Weinstein scandal exposed sexual harassment as Hollywood's dirty secret

Dana Brunetti has produced a number of big films over the years: "Captain Phillips," "The Social Network," "Fifty Shades of Grey." But he's never liked to tell people that he's a movie producer.

He knows the image it can instantly conjure in their heads.

"I hate telling people I'm a producer because of the stereotype," Brunetti said. "Because of the ick factor of hitting on girls and 'I can get you a role in a movie.' "

And that was before the Harvey Weinstein scandal broke.

Now, with allegations of decades of sexual harassment and assault against the once-powerful film mogul erupting into public view on a near-hourly basis, Hollywood is finally assessing the level of truth behind the stereotype. Far from a dated anomaly, many in the industry now say, Weinstein is just one example of a wider and still current problem that the industry has ignored – or deliberately swept under the rug – for far too long.

“There’s a lot of abuse in this town,” said producer and director Judd Apatow. “Young actresses are mistreated in all sorts of ways by powerful men who can dangle jobs or access to exciting parts of show business. I think a lot of people are mistreated and they don’t realize how badly they’re being mistreated.”

. . .

The Weinstein scandal has prompted a growing number of women to come forward and say they were mistreated, by him and others. In many cases, these women say they either felt too embarrassed or afraid to tell their stories earlier. They anticipated potential repercussions for their careers, or felt that their complaints would fall on deaf ears.

weinsteinclinton.jpg

The same fears can extend to the people who surround powerful men.

"People do not want to put their livelihoods at risk," Apatow said. "That's why people like Harvey Weinstein and Bill Cosby get to operate like this for so many decades. The people around them — executives, assistants, drivers — they don't want to risk everything."

#17 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,703 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:39 PM

THE Sweinstein STORY is Growing, taking over the media - as "the accuser count" hits 35

Like the green slime, it seems to now pop up everywhere

(latest Drudge headlines):

HARVEY BROTHER BREAKS SILENCE

The Weinstein Co. exec insists he had no idea about "the type of predator that he was" and is sickened by Harvey’s seeming lack of remorse. "I want him to get the justice that he deserves."

For nearly 30 years, Bob Weinstein has lived in the shadow of his older brother Harvey Weinstein. While Harvey, 65, was the very public face of Miramax and then The Weinstein Company from Sundance to Cannes to Hollywood, palling around with stars and schmoozing Oscar voters, Bob, 62, has served on TWC’s board and tended to Dimension, their genre label, turning out movies like the Scream and Scary Movie franchises, that routinely made more money than all but Harvey’s biggest hits.

Now, in the wake of the dozens of allegations charging Harvey with three decades of sexual harassment, abuse and even rape, Harvey is out, fired from the company he co-founded with Bob in 2005. And Bob, thrust into an unaccustomed limelight, is forced to try to pick up the pieces amid the growing chaos. He insists that the company — which is expected to undergo a name change — can survive. But four of his fellow board members have resigned, and his COO David Glasser and other key members of his 150-employee staff have yet to commit to stay with the company. Amid widespread predictions that the Weinstein Co. will be forced to shut down or sell all or parts, he maintains, “There is a plan to come out on the other side.”

But right now, even as he struggles to right the company (of which he and Harvey both own about 20 percent each), he’s also coping with his own sense of shame and betrayal, expressing sympathy for Harvey’s victims while also questioning whether he should have done more in the face of Harvey’s alleged abusive behavior.

'Despicable' Harvey blasted during Hollywood 'Power of Women' lunch...

35: All the accusers...

Company to Shut Down?

Academy to Decide Fate...

#OscarsSoRape...

FONDA: HE SHOULD GO TO JAIL!

DOWD: Hollywood's Oldest Horror Story...

Lisa Bloom Fought To Keep AMAZON Expose Hidden...

Nearly 80 years later, that aroma of perversion and maladroit du seigneur clings to Hollywood. Now we are inundated with grotesque tales of Harvey Weinstein pulling out his penis to show to appalled and frightened young women, enlisting the pimping help of agents and assistants to have actresses delivered to his hotel rooms, where he pestered the women to watch him shower or give him a massage or engage in intimate acts.

“The ill will towards him for getting away with it all for so long has unleashed something so primitive,” a prominent male Hollywood producer told me. “If people could rip him apart, they would. Literally everyone in Hollywood is taking marshmallows to roast at his burning corpse.”

#18 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,703 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:08 PM

Oscars board stages emergency Harvey Weinstein meeting
BBC News-3 hours ago
The organisation behind the Oscars is reviewing the membership of Harvey Weinstein, at a meeting called in the wake of allegations of sexual ...

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has previously called Mr Weinstein's actions "abhorrent".

Its board includes Hollywood figures such as Tom Hanks and Whoopi Goldberg.

Bob Weinstein, the co-founder of the Weinstein Company studio, called for the Academy to kick his brother out.

#19 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,703 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:25 PM

ALL-in-the-Family

HARVEYWOOD CRACKING...
ANOTHER ONE: MYSTERY ACTOR IN WEINSTEIN SCANDAL...
A-LIST 'ASSAULT'...

KATZENBERG: 'THERE'S PACK OF WOLVES'...
WITHERSPOON: I was assaulted by director at 16...
JENNIFER LAWRENCE: Told 'perfectly f--kable' at 15, made to stand nude in lineup...

NY Slimes spin:

Harvey Weinstein is certainly not the first powerful man publicly and credibly accused of sexually harassing or abusing women in recent years.

Since 2015, the Fox News chairman Roger Ailes, the Fox News prime-time host Bill O’Reilly and the comedian and actor Bill Cosby have suffered professional, financial or reputational setbacks after numerous women told stories of their sexual misconduct.

Those stories dominated news cycles, to be sure, but the outcry accompanying Mr. Weinstein’s downfall seems louder and more impassioned — perhaps because Mr. Weinstein’s accusers include stars like Ashley Judd, Angelina Jolie and Gwyneth Paltrow.

No! you dog-garned Fake news font!

it is because what Sweinstein has done and the frequency of which he has done it, are far far worse than someone like

OReilly, who has said to call staffer "hot chocolate"

Also, people are fed up to the back-teeth with powerful leftwingers (including Hollywood Joos!) demanding free passes for bad behavior.

People are learning from the Sweinstein scandal that powerful scumbags (& their protector media) can be taken on and BEATEN

#20 rigger

rigger

Tri-Centurion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:24 PM

Judgment Day: Harvey Weinstein Scandal Could Finally Change Hollywood’s Culture of Secrecy

http://variety.com/2...ecy-1202591437/

'Weinstein’s precipitous fall has been stunning, if not a long time coming. He’s been fired from his own company, ostracized by his longtime friends and collaborators in the entertainment industry, transformed from power player to butt of late-night talk-show jokes, ditched by his wife and abandoned by the Democratic political leaders who once coveted his endorsement.'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users