Trading Volatility, Ballasted by Gold

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes! I think it pays to stay on the side lines here until some breakout of this bottoming pattern.... $1400 gold at the end of this year, or next, perhaps??

Perhaps 1200ish will be a bit of a base for gold in the meantime;

The 2008 correction was near 30% - 1000 down to 700.

This correction, though more prolonged looks of similar magnitude - 1800 down to 1200.

• 4 weeks later...

TI, I still have a small amount of gold, and I doubt the price will crash. You have to wonder whether inflationary pressures will start to build at some stage.

RB, Yep, wouldn't surprise me to see another move down in silver. Will consider buying on a good-sized dip, and sell on the inevitable bounce back up. Instrument of choice still being AGQ.... and will make sure not to sit in it too long this time!

TI, I still have a small amount of gold, and I doubt the price will crash. You have to wonder whether inflationary pressures will start to build at some stage.

RB, Yep, wouldn't surprise me to see another move down in silver. Will consider buying on a good-sized dip, and sell on the inevitable bounce back up. Instrument of choice still being AGQ.... and will make sure not to sit in it too long this time!

Gold/silver ration getting interesting again

• 4 weeks later...

LSIL testing a 3rd recent triple bottom at around 12.5! Break or bounce time again.

Yes, finally. Looking at the chart the previous level/ band held for around a year from 2012 to 2013. With the breakdown from that time, it has once again held for a year. If this pattern is anything to go by, that would put silver around $14 come another breakdown. :o

Still can't bring myself to short it. Though would think of buying, for a trade, if it went down to those levels.

It's good to have some diversity of opinion on the GEI chatboard.

People can check rationale(s), and some to a more nuanced view of their own

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We won't so long as commodity prices (as thru CRB and DBA) remain so tame

• 11 months later...

Taken out.

LSIL through another old low at 11.7. How low will she go this time?

WOWSER LSIL, breaking new lows!

Don't know what Romans AQC is doing but halved in less than year from an already smashed up level!

This looks like it wants to go to zero in all truth

• 3 weeks later...

Yes at least commodities have been predictable for the last few years and through this turmoil! I think we must be near the bottom.

Thought that a couple of times past 2 years, so far being cautious has stopped me getting my fingers burnt, there seems no predicting the bottom, LSIL still looks poised to test a new low, suppose that's the difficulty with a paper trade to physical one.

Archived