Welcome to GPC! - Newcomers Introduce yourself

Welcome to GPC ! - Newcomers Introduce yourself

A site for serious discussions about property

==============================

gpc1.png : Time to Get Serious ?

Hello to all existing GEI members, lurkers, and new visitors to Global Property Cycles.

The founder and friends of GEI have decided to open a new section on GEI for those with a special interest in Property.

Bulls, Bears, and those who are trying to make up their minds are all welcome here.

But disrespect for other posters is not welcome, and if we see it, you can expect the Mods to be "trigger happy."

We really want to encourage thoughtful and intelligent commentary, whatever your market view. Because at the moment, Global property markets are fraught with both danger and opportunity.

For those who have posted on other chatboards, let's go back to the sort of collegial and gentlemanly discussions about the state of the markets, that you may recall from years ago.

Sounds good to me.

I've been around many other forums, including US ones, most of them populated by a few scattered intelligent informed individuals, some new to investing and genuinely wanting to learn and of course the trolls, often exasperating to put it mildly. Personally I'm a small investor: physical gold, silver, miners, commodity shares etc and I also trade the markets as a an intraday commodity/ forex trader, all strictly amateur, but I'm quite successfull at it, which brings in a steady weekly income and allows me to sit at home all day looking at market movements and occasionally hitting buttons I've also run real world business in the past as a director in recruitment firms and am kind of semi retired though I'm still in my 40s. Hopefully I will find some intelligent well researched people here for discussion and at first impressions its looking very promising.

... am kind of semi retired though I'm still in my 40s. Hopefully I will find some intelligent well researched people here for discussion and at first impressions its looking very promising.

Welcome, I think you will fit in well on GEI and GPC too.

Have you any thoughts on where one might find good property investments in this dangerous climate?

Welcome, I think you will fit in well on GEI and GPC too.

Have you any thoughts on where one might find good property investments in this dangerous climate?

hi bubb and fellow users.

ill read here like i did in 05,06,07,08 on hpc

dont post much im a builder by trade so no clever stuff here.

but you guys have changed my life.

thank you

hi bubb and fellow users.

ill read here like i did in 05,06,07,08 on hpc

dont post much im a builder by trade so no clever stuff here.

but you guys have changed my life.

thank you

Welcome, grey water plumber.

I hope you will post from time-to-time.

Looks good DB, I'll certainly add this to the other house price/economic forums that I browse. Although I do hope you can prevent it from becoming an MSE style bulls v bears slanging match, which IMO won't be easy.

Great to see you here, Pent up.

We have bulls and bears on GEI, and they seem to get along okay.

Good plan.

From a global perspective I need to know if there is a USD carry trade into SE Asia and what it will do to residential land prices.

Also from a social point of view the effect of the housing market carnage in the West on how society will develop, FTB's priced out and those that bought during the boom saddled with unmanageable debts. A sad yet avoidable situation where we hadn't learn't a thing even from the 1980's bubble and 1990's crash, which was within living memory for those in the FTB age group suffering now.

'There will be no return to boom and bust' - Gordon Brown, 1997.

Who's pulling the strings, how and what's their next move?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have moved with you from HPC; your help since 199? (so long ago) has been invaluable in keeping me out of housing trouble. Iv avoided some serious life situations thanks to your advice. Now I'm more settled and ready / waiting for the prices to settle too! I'm your average Joe, all I can offer really is updates on the prices in my local area and any offers- cheeky as they may be, and whether they have been accepted or rejected. :D

Welcome, Hattie Jakes

It is good to see you as a posting member.

Local area comments are welcome here, and perhaps you will find some other topics of interest.

For instance, the Fringe Section has fascinated some

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Great to be here with such a good bunch of informed property investors. Isn't it good when we look back and hopefully see that we have made a smart buy or sell? This site I think will help me achieve that. Look forward to participating in discussions. Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

Great to be here with such a good bunch of informed property investors. Isn't it good when we look back and hopefully see that we have made a smart buy or sell? This site I think will help me achieve that. Look forward to participating in discussions. Cheers

Thanks for posting that Dave.

I was traveling since you posted that. But the good news is:

We seem to be picking up some new posters from Hong Kong.