Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:52 PM

#43 warpig

warpig

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 02:59 AM

It is, but it isn't the same without the rolling break beak behind it. Good choice of tracks. 10.5/10!

QUOTE (double-agent @ Jan 30 2010, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
definitely Beethoven

"There can be no other criterion, no other standard than gold. Yes, gold which never changes, which can be turned into ingots bars, coins, which has no nationality and which is eternally and universally accepted as the unalterable fiduciary value par excellence"

"Betting against gold is the same as betting on governments. He who bets on governments and government money, bets against 6,000 years of recorded human history."

Charles de Gaulle

#44 warpig

warpig

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:06 AM

Here's one you probably know and probably like.

QUOTE (double-agent @ Jan 30 2010, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
a class act...

their re-working of Beethoven's 9th symphony was nothing short of genius

edit - someone on yt says it's not Beethoven but Dvoraks' New World / but i think they're wrong as there are definitely elements of Beethoven's 9th symphony in this.

as was their work with ian brown (the video for 'be there' is a spine chiller!)

"There can be no other criterion, no other standard than gold. Yes, gold which never changes, which can be turned into ingots bars, coins, which has no nationality and which is eternally and universally accepted as the unalterable fiduciary value par excellence"

"Betting against gold is the same as betting on governments. He who bets on governments and government money, bets against 6,000 years of recorded human history."

Charles de Gaulle

#45 warpig

warpig

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:14 AM

I recommend waking up to this.

Charles de Gaulle

#46 warpig

warpig

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:27 AM

Charles de Gaulle

#47 warpig

warpig

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:31 AM

Epic.

Charles de Gaulle

#48 double-agent

double-agent

Millennium man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (warpig @ Jan 31 2010, 03:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's one you probably know and probably like.
..john murphy...

Yep a very dark piece, perfect for the film it was used in.

The verve must have got the idea for the bitter-sweet symphony video from the massive attack unfinished sympathy vid, but with added attitude!

wrt, to film scores, here are two of my favs...

#49 warpig

warpig

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 01:17 PM

Those 2 threw me off, I wasn't expecting that! smile.gif

QUOTE (double-agent @ Jan 31 2010, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep a very dark piece, perfect for the film it was used in.

The verve must have got the idea for the bitter-sweet symphony video from the massive attack unfinished sympathy vid, but with added attitude!

wrt, to film scores, here are two of my favs...

Charles de Gaulle

#50 double-agent

double-agent

Millennium man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE (warpig @ Jan 31 2010, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Those 2 threw me off, I wasn't expecting that! smile.gif

lol, i like the dark stuff but i also like bitter sweet melodies and the sublime sound of outstanding vocal harmonies e.g. Vide cor Meum

keeping the soundtrack theme going, here's a couple of moody ones....

#51 double-agent

double-agent

Millennium man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:48 PM

last two for today:

a faster tempo version of this was released a while ago but you can never get it on youtube unfortunately, the original still holds its own though:

some of the music to the Harry Potter films is very good, but tends to work in segments (as per its usage in the film) rather than standalone tracks, i love the start to this one though:

#52 double-agent

double-agent

Millennium man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:37 PM

Jumping the gun a bit here, but it seems to be what the vast majority wants.

mods- maybe you could move all the recent music vids here?

I'll kick us off......

#53 warpig

warpig

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:05 PM

Now you've done it! Lalo Schifrin links in to all sorts of stuff, 007, Dirty Harry, Mission Impossible etc..................

Oddly it's brought us full circle. Here's a remix I've just stumbled upon.

QUOTE (double-agent @ Jan 31 2010, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
last two for today:

a faster tempo version of this was released a while ago but you can never get it on youtube unfortunately, the original still holds its own though:

some of the music to the Harry Potter films is very good, but tends to work in segments (as per its usage in the film) rather than standalone tracks, i love the start to this one though:

Charles de Gaulle

#54 warpig

warpig

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:27 PM

Not sure this is everyone's cup of tea... smile.gif

Charles de Gaulle

#55 double-agent

double-agent

Millennium man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (warpig @ Jan 31 2010, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not sure this is everyone's cup of tea... smile.gif

yeah! M.E.S in the area!

saw them a few times - the best gig was in Liverpool, complete with real polythene carrying bag men in the audience!

this is one of them video's which works on many different levels - and a classic underated 90's tune.....

#56 warpig

warpig

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:59 PM

Quality, it put one or two smiles on my face... rolleyes.gif

I never caught up with Mr Smith, but your description sounds about right, I bet that was an experience...!

I saw these boys in my local boozer 19 years ago, which was quality, the landlord knows DG.

Here's one of my favourite bands of all time.

QUOTE (double-agent @ Feb 1 2010, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah! M.E.S in the area!

saw them a few times - the best gig was in Liverpool, complete with real polythene carrying bag men in the audience!

this is one of them video's which works on many different levels - and a classic underated 90's tune.....

Charles de Gaulle

#57 double-agent

double-agent

Millennium man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (warpig @ Feb 1 2010, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quality, it put one or two smiles on my face... rolleyes.gif

I never caught up with Mr Smith, but your description sounds about right, I bet that was an experience...!

I saw these boys in my local boozer 19 years ago, which was quality, the landlord knows DG.

...weddoes...

Here's one of my favourite bands of all time.

...pixies....

never saw the pixies, but always liked their stuff and the breeders as well. i saw the wedding present a few times, they were one of those indie bands that would tour the whole country from top to bottom so you were sure to see them at some point (like the house of love during the same late 80s / early 90s period). I met Grapper as he was selling the merchandise prior to the gig!

this is one of my favs. from the WP (along with 'why are you being....'), i'm sure you've heard it but this is the only non-live version i can find on yt, so ignore the visual content!!!

#58 underling

underling

Tri-Centurion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (warpig @ Jan 31 2010, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now you've done it! Lalo Schifrin links in to all sorts of stuff, 007, Dirty Harry, Mission Impossible etc..................

Oddly it's brought us full circle. Here's a remix I've just stumbled upon.

Linked to your Portishead references .................

Here's a couple of Beatles remixes that might work for you ............

Hoping to see DJ Cheeba (Link 2) play at Queen of Hoxton Thursday Night and mightily looking forward to it I am too!

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.

#59 underling

underling

Tri-Centurion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:04 PM

Also deserving a mention .............

Thomas Newman, though not generally well known, has recorded some mesmeric music scores for films from American Beauty to Shawshank Redemption and so many more.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Thomas_Newman

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.

#60 warpig

warpig

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:33 AM

I've only got POD by the breeders, but it's a great first album, I had a listen to it tonight and thought this was worth sharing.

Bloody hell, The house of love. I'm glad you mentioned them, as I would never have posted anything by them, being fairly certain no one had heard of them... smile.gif I couldn't decide whether to play Shine On or Destroy the Heart as I'm writing this... Happy memories. There are so many good bands around this time, Ride, That Petrol Emotion, The Smiths, The Ultra Vivid Machine, The LAs, Sonic Youth and the list goes on... It's hard not to jump around too much on this thread.

Good WP track BTW, hopefully here's another.

QUOTE (double-agent @ Feb 1 2010, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
never saw the pixies, but always liked their stuff and the breeders as well. i saw the wedding present a few times, they were one of those indie bands that would tour the whole country from top to bottom so you were sure to see them at some point (like the house of love during the same late 80s / early 90s period). I met Grapper as he was selling the merchandise prior to the gig!

this is one of my favs. from the WP (along with 'why are you being....'), i'm sure you've heard it but this is the only non-live version i can find on yt, so ignore the visual content!!!

Charles de Gaulle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users