335 replies to this topic

#321 mansouryar

mansouryar

Centurion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:25 AM

As a good news, I am trying to realize my car project along with Israelis. I've always accepted the intelligence of these people. I am sure we could do something about our region, … positive in the environmental and political perspective:

Skyping over troubled borders

(Originally published in Israeli popular newspaper "Yedioth Ahronoth", November 5 2013)

Every day, thousands of Iranians and Israelis speak with each other online. The two of us just finished another Skype conversation. We spoke of plans to drive from Isfahan to Tel Aviv using an electric car, of Islam and Judaism, and of the rising prices in the supermarket. More and more cross border conversations like these are taking place online. Our future, Iranians and Israelis, is no longer just in the hands of our governments. Until recently, direct conversations between the citizens of enemy states weren't possible. If we wanted to "get to know the enemy", we had to rely on articles published in the local media. Our conversations may still be illegal, in the strictest sense of the law, but nevertheless, the conversations are happening.

Our ability to speak with citizens of a different country, a country we are almost at war with, is changing world politics. In Iran and in Israel, in Pakistan and in India, in Morocco and in Algeria, the people of hostile states – the states are hostile, not necessarily the citizens – are talking to each other. And we, Iranians and Israelis, are at the front of this new world wide conversation. More than any other state in the world, the internet-based connection between Israelis and Iranians carries with it a huge potential.

Iran and Israel are the countries with the highest percentage of net connected citizens: 40 million in Iran, more than half of them on Facebook, and almost 5 million in Israel, about 4 million of them on Facebook. In Israel, social networks play an important factor in national politics, and the Iranian blogosphere, the third largest in the world, is rich in political debates. The connection between the two is only natural. Using the internet, we can work together in so many fields: Iran has many young scientists, thirsty for international partners. world-class filmmakers. a buzzing technology scene. a diverse local culture with traditions unlike any other in the world. And yes, religious scholars too, doing God's work. All of them will find surprising yet natural partners for joint projects in the dynamic, exciting Israeli culture, which also combines the religious the secular.

We, Iranians and Israelis, share many similarities: we strive to do great things, entrenched in an ancient and glorious past, fascinated by innovation and still practice old traditions. Our joint history is ancient: 2,500 years ago, under Cyrus the Great, we worked together. So great was our mutual work, that stories of it survived the storms of history, and the strong bond between the Persians and the Jews is favorably mentioned in the Bible in the book of Joshua.

One may dismiss these ideas as keyboard pipe-dreams, but ideas and new bridges that form online are changing the lives of citizens in many countries. After the Arab Spring, where new internet connections played a vital role, the online bridges between Iranians and Israelis may bring about the next big change in the Middle East. This is not an utopian dream, it's a reality that's already happening. It's true that conversations do not always mean mutual understanding. Every day we see Iranians and Israelis quarrel online, writing hateful messages on each other's facebook walls. Offline, great and powerful forces would prefer that we meet as fighters, not as friends. We, Iranians and Israelis, are at a crossroad. We can work together, or we can work against each other. Our two countries may be headed toward a common catastrophe that would be our own undoing, or we may be able to achieve a new breakthrough. Today, more than most other times in history, it is up to us, the citizens.

Mohammad Mansouryar, physicist, Karaj, Iran
Yoni Shadmi, lecturer, Haifa, Israel

Link: http://www.tinyurl.com/mm-ys-2013

#322 PositiveDeviant

PositiveDeviant

www.posdev.net

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:11 PM

As a good news, I am trying to realize my car project along with Israelis. I've always accepted the intelligence of these people. I am sure we could do something about our region, … positive in the environmental and political perspective:

Link: http://www.tinyurl.com/mm-ys-2013

Sounds good, keep us posted.

"A man who is all caution, will never dare to take hold and be successful; and a man who is all boldness, is merely reckless, and must eventually fail. A man may go on "'change" and make fifty, or one hundred thousand dollars in speculating in stocks, at a single operation. But if he has simple boldness without caution, it is mere chance, and what he gains to-day he will lose to-morrow. You must have both the caution and the boldness, to insure success."
PT Barnum

"When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened."
Winston Churchill

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."
Mark Twain

"The ability to maintain discipline and stick to the rules is the hallmark of the experienced successful trader"
Curtis Faith

"The primary thing required to obtain what you want from life, is simply the will to pursue it, and the faith to believe it is possible."
Author Unknown

"Seek truth from facts"
Mao Zedong

MY BLOG

QWAS_zpsf57b1914.png

#323 mansouryar

mansouryar

Centurion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:04 PM

36ImagesAugustRTX12J7Y.jpg

Image 36 of 75:

A general view of Stonehenge during the annual Perseid meteor shower in the night sky in Salisbury Plain, southern England August 13, 2013. The Perseid meteor shower is sparked every August when the Earth passes through a stream of space debris left by comet Swift-Tuttle. Picture taken using a long exposure.

REUTERS/Kieran Doherty

#324 mansouryar

mansouryar

Centurion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:03 PM

A cool note: :huh:

Interstellar may be the first movie that shows realistic warp travel

http://sploid.gizmod...mpbelldollaghan

#325 Llyrran

Llyrran

Centurion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:15 AM

Mansouryar, thank you for that post regarding peaceful communication between Iranians and Israelis.....It is very harkening to read something positive happening rather than the usual sabre rattling. I have great admiration for the diplomatic manner of your current leaders! They are proving to be role models for the rest of the world. Naturally they are under a lot of resistance in their endeavours to cross the bridge to peaceful and cohesive international relations. I wish them well and hold great hope as I think they have the calibre to do this!

#326 mansouryar

mansouryar

Centurion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:20 AM

Thank you Llyrran for this positive comment. I wish we could have much better relations among Iran and other countries. I hope the current showing desires between Iranian and Western authorities, are true; other choices would be sad …
This video can be considered nice, promising, and interesting:

Anyway, in order to have a post which is not quite political, I suggest reading this report:

http://www.dailymail...-physicist.html

I took a look at the original paper; it could probably be useful for my future papers.

#327 mansouryar

mansouryar

Centurion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 05:45 PM

Watching the film Interstellar (2014, Nolan) is recommended; plus related informative stuffs (reviews, notes, critiques, interviews, ...)

#328 mansouryar

mansouryar

Centurion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:59 AM

Due to this list, my theory could be so frightening!

12 Ways Humanity Could Destroy The Entire Solar System

This story was also reflected in some other web pages such as these: (1, 2, 3, 4, …)

When someone is absent for a while, people might misunderstand some issues, like these links: (1, 2, 3, ...)

#329 mansouryar

mansouryar

Centurion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:16 AM

Today, I ran into this book, naming me (at page, 398):

The Cosmic Compendium: Interstellar Travel

Lulu.com, Farvardin 8, 1394 AP - Reference - 456 pages 0 Reviews

The Cosmic Compendium: Interstellar Travel is an in-depth look at interstellar travel. It is a great reference for people of all interest levels. Hypothetical propulsion, multi-generational spaceships, special relativity, the voyager program, solar sails, faster-than-light communication, micrometeoroids and much much more are covered in this edition.

It seems OK, the author has been active in this field:

inauthor:"Rupert W Anderson"

Good for him! :D

#330 mansouryar

mansouryar

Centurion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 05:44 PM

Recently, I ran into this analysis, from an expert:

http://www.bbc.com/p...n_rouhani_water

It discusses about theoretical features of connecting the Persian gulf & gulf of Oman to the Caspian sea. At the most imaginable scales, realizing this mega-project could change many things in Iran, if not everything …

Anyhow, … I recalled this post (#153). I thought to the possibility of point-to-point irrigation from artificial lakes to central spots of the desert by spacewarp … maybe the IRGC contractors would conclude to this result someday; … you know, drought crisis plus overpopulation, would bring up such solutions for the agriculture; i.e., … To screw nature’s punishment? Perhaps that is the plan z, before a total surrender …

#331 mansouryar

mansouryar

Centurion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 05:45 PM

Recently, I ran into this analysis, from an expert:

http://www.bbc.com/p...n_rouhani_water

It discusses about theoretical features of connecting the Persian gulf & gulf of Oman to the Caspian sea. At the most imaginable scales, realizing this mega-project could change many things in Iran, if not everything …

Anyhow, … I recalled this post (#153). I thought to the possibility of point-to-point irrigation from artificial lakes to central spots of the desert by spacewarp … maybe the IRGC contractors would conclude to this result someday; … you know, drought crisis plus overpopulation, would bring up such solutions for the agriculture; i.e., … To screw nature’s punishment? Perhaps that is the plan z, before a total surrender …

#332 mansouryar

mansouryar

Centurion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 10:30 PM

Due to this list, my theory could be so frightening!

12 Ways Humanity Could Destroy The Entire Solar System

This blog reduced that list to 8 item: :ph34r:

8 Ways Humanity Could Obliterate The Entire Solar System

Maybe some years later, my theory would be one of three items! :lol:

... I guess William Bell was right: Physics is a bitch! -_-

#333 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90,029 posts
  • Interests:Trading and investing in stocks and commodities. Writing articles on related subjects, while building this website. I am interested in creating ways for communities

Posted 21 August 2016 - 11:43 PM

Interesting.

Here's One of the Ways - that nasty CERN:

A Particle Accelerator Accident

Even before construction began on CERN’s Large Hadron Collider, some scientists were concerned that collisions created by the souped up accelerator could create a number of problematic anomalies such as microscopic black holes, magnetic monopoles, or strangelets (also known as “strange matter”) — a hypothetical form of matter containing strange quarks that some believe could have a connection to dark matter. And while many of these fears have been dismissed by physicists as nothing more than rumors disseminated by “unqualified people seeking sensation or publicity,” there is still a general consensus that the inadvertent unleashing of strangelets would probably be a bad thing.

Luckily, none of the LHC tests so far have produced any stray strange matter, but what’s to say that future high-powered experiments aren’t incapable of making the stuff? In fact, it’s been hypothesized that strange matter might exist inside the high-pressure cores of neutron stars. If we were to artificially create those conditions either on Earth or in space, it could have some dire and unwanted consequences.

The market is "bipolar", swinging back and forth from a focus on Inflation to Deflation. Bet on swings; and stay flexible. What are bipolar markets? See: http://tinyurl.com/GEI-Manix

#334 mansouryar

mansouryar

Centurion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 07:27 PM

Lately, I found this:

https://www.quora.co...rsable-wormhole

I am not active in this field anymore, but I can judge that person was wrong about me and also wrong about his claims, I already knew not much physics can be found among his remarks ... this might be a Trump effect!  <_<  He showed us you can say anything, then deny anything, or manipulate anything, and that would be OK! :P :D :lol:

#335 mansouryar

mansouryar

Centurion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 09:27 AM

Lately, I found this:

https://www.quora.co...rsable-wormhole

I am not active in this field anymore, but I can judge that person was wrong about me and also wrong about his claims, I already knew not much physics can be found among his remarks ... this might be a Trump effect!  <_<  He showed us you can say anything, then deny anything, or manipulate anything, and that would be OK! :P :D :lol:

I think this subject has been filmed enough in the entertainment industry, indeed too much, so performing shows would not be useful, not for the experts and for the public neither.  

Related:

First Human Time Travel Test Subject Program Gets Launched Saturday May 13th  (another)

#336 mansouryar

mansouryar

Centurion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:20 AM

Every such news make me closer to death; because I whisper in my head: others have found out and hopefully will continue this line ...  ^_^

How To Make A Wormhole   (reflected1reflected2)

Besides, the channel seems pretty cool for mysterious subjects ...  ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users