Newcomers Section: What you can get from this site

Welcome, Renewable

I think you will fgind that the Gold & Miningh section here may grow rather quickly in the weeks to come

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

Mabon here. No that's not my real name. Case you are wondering Mabon (Gymraeg-Welsh) means 'Child Of' (Strictly Son of) in English. In Welsh to denote a child either Ab, Ap, Mab or Map are used (same as in the other Celtic Languages ie Mac in Gaelic).

I don't see myself as a child, just that that was a better username than NumptyKnickers or DoomandGloomMonkey (hey come to think of it...).

I am a Scriptwriter (Film and Television) and Writer, an ethnically Welsh person (living in Wales too). I have been lurking here for a few months and decided to take the plunge and join, as this forum seems to be positive and geared towards some kind of common aim.

For the last few years I have been seriously sussing out how to be 'an investor'. This has been a painstaking process and I still don't know that much, but am interested in protecting my meagre wealth from all thieves and adding to it so that I can become Financially Independent, then Independently Wealthy, then set up an empire and then take over the world and subjugate you all to my will...(maybe scratch that last bit, as that's quite a lot of work and i'm on a tight schedule).

I shall most probably lurk a lot more, but by registering, it gives me the option to ask daft questions and hopefully get less than daft answers.

Daft questions are welcome, M.

At times, I specialsie in daft answers.

You might want to exchange some views with Frizzers about scriptwriting and comedy.

He has some useful contacts in that area

Daft questions are welcome, M.

At times, I specialsie in daft answers.

You might want to exchange some views with Frizzers about scriptwriting and comedy.

He has some useful contacts in that area

Thanks for the Reply Dr B.

I read your posts with interest (both here and on HPC-I'm not a member there though just a lurker) and can even suss some of them out (thank god I did that 'Successful Investor Course')

Although I get a bit flummoxed when various Chartism etc starts getting bandied about, but, i'll learn.

I have seen Frizzers mention Stand-Up stuff and will no doubt cosy up to him in the nearish future and see what gives.

• 2 months later...

...adding to the Mission, a notion of Spiritual Economics:

What is that? In my own words:

We need to "keep score" by counting more than money.

If we are get rich, and cannot breath our air and or drink the water, we are truly impoverished. If we have all the luxuries in life, but everywhere we look we see poverty, we will lock ourselves into a gilded prison, surrounded by jealousy, resentment- and unpredictable danger.

We need a wider vision of the purpose of economics, whiuch encompases the health and future of our planet, and the wellbeing of the people, animals, and other life forms that share this place with us. The Law of karma works in a very real way in this world, and it becomes more apparent every day. Our waste may be carted away, out of our sight. But all to often it comes back to us in unexpected ways. What we simply throw away, and stop counting, does not disappear or become "some else's problem". It remains part of a large equation.

And what we borrow, to spend and waste rather than invest, is something that we must be prepared to repay, along with the interest or other consequences that go with it.

- GEI webmaster

• 1 month later...

the bot wants for christmas: GEI members to click on his links

- won't happen now

• 4 months later...

Hello again...

Joined here last april but cant log in on my first acc (bottledigger) for some reason ? Never mind. Since then been busy working full time and also trying to get my head round some money talk by reading links on here and HPC/GHPC, buying moneyweek every week, sometimes FT on saturdays, slowly the world of investing is painting me a clearer picture of what fits where and what might affect certain things.

Still unsure of how to play my investment cash though :unsure: Its a minefield out there.

welcome- again.

I'm watching gold closely now.

Many think we have seen the seasonal peak, and are set for a dull market or even a slide as the market heads towards the usual summer doldrums.

I am not so sure. This year, I think we have potentail for a slingshot-effect, with thsi recent pullback, enough to scare out many people, who will them be prepared to buy it, if/when it turns around and breaks out above $700. So far, the gold stocks are drifting lower on light volume. Frankly, i find this bullish.

So gold shares may be an area you may want to look at, and visit some of the otehr trheads on GEI on thsi topic.

• 1 year later...

Time to reconsider GEI"s mission?

More about education perhaps?