The Case For Silver

Thanks. This forum is such a great resource. I must have spent half a day sucking up info and I haven't even hit half of the threads yet.

I think you're right that we're close to a bottom. And in that sense, it makes sense to buy now. But if fundamentals/mood don't dictate upward or downward trend, then who knows when to sell? Imagine commodities are going up for the next two years, then all of the sudden silver tanks one day because one of these 8 decides to sell. What if the public starts believing that these markets are manipulated? Do you think I'm understanding this correctly?

Do we know who these 8 traders are? If I knew who they were and what their interests were, I might feel a little better about it.

I'm trying to master buying. I'll start learning about selling later :D

Maybe you should think of it as a man walking up a hill. Every so often the cartel trip him up and he slides back down a bit. Then he picks himself back up, and carries on up.

The thing is, I doubt only 1x of the 8 acts alone. I assume it would normally be most if not all of them.

And don't assume manipulation is only done by leasing out (shorting). There is also propaganda. Take the "IMF gold sale" as an example.

There were warning signs like that, that manipulation was getting more likely.

But of course no one knows when, and if it will succeed, or whether the manipulators will suffer a massive defeat.

The good thing about this is you get to buy at a discount, and if you believe in the bull phase, then you know after each knock-down, that it will resume the rise again, and you will do well.

You did ask who.

Maybe this helps:

Israeli Newspaper Haaretz Article: Is Gold Being Manipulated?

Submitted by Administrator on Tue, 2005-12-27 08:00. Section: GATA in the Press

Is Gold Being Manipulated?

By Joel Bainerman Haaretz, Tel Aviv, Israel

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

http://gata.org/node/4189

One of the most vocal proponents of such a theory is Bill Murphy of the Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee.

GATA has gathered an inordinate amount of evidence the gold market has been managed since 1994 by a cartel consisting of bullion banks (Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, etc.), the International Monetary Fund, the U.S. Exchange Stabilization Fund, the U.S. Federal Reserve, and the Bank for International Settlements.

I think basically any powerful organisation with the ability and who have a vested interest in sustaining the fiat money system.

I still think this is a good simple explanation of the cycle.

TheGoldCycleFromDanNorcini.gif

Just use the cycle. Don't fight it :D

Archived