Photo

What is DASH? (A portmanteau of Digital Cash)

1 reply to this topic

#1 PositiveDeviant

PositiveDeviant

www.posdev.net

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,458 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:16 AM

Some of you with an interest in Cryptocurrencies may not have heard of DASH.

Apologies if there is already a post on this here but I haven't posted here for some time.

I was fortunate enough to learn about DASH in February.  Since then, their marketcap has quintupled.  A bubble?  It's possible, however there is an inherent positive feedback loop embedded within their infrastructure by design.  With Bitcoin, all of the mining fees go to the miners.  With DASH, there are major differences, they have a second tier network called masternodes, and each new block reward mined is split between miners, masternodes, and treasury, in the ratio 45%, 45% and 10%.  What this means is that miners are incentivized, masternodes are equally incentivized, and there is direct funding via treasury for development of the network, using developers, contractors, PR, paid directly from the blockchain.  Distribution of treasury funds is by way of proposals made to the masternode network.  The masternode network services instantsend and privatesend transactions, two USPs not available to Bitcoin.

Amanda will explain in the video, try to ignore the pretty face and listen to what she says.

"A man who is all caution, will never dare to take hold and be successful; and a man who is all boldness, is merely reckless, and must eventually fail. A man may go on "'change" and make fifty, or one hundred thousand dollars in speculating in stocks, at a single operation. But if he has simple boldness without caution, it is mere chance, and what he gains to-day he will lose to-morrow. You must have both the caution and the boldness, to insure success."
PT Barnum

"When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened."
Winston Churchill

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."
Mark Twain

"The ability to maintain discipline and stick to the rules is the hallmark of the experienced successful trader"
Curtis Faith

"The primary thing required to obtain what you want from life, is simply the will to pursue it, and the faith to believe it is possible."
Author Unknown

"Seek truth from facts"
Mao Zedong

MY BLOG

QWAS_zpsf57b1914.png

#2 DrBubb

DrBubb

Tri-Millennium Guru

• Super Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86,925 posts
  • Interests:Trading and investing in stocks and commodities. Writing articles on related subjects, while building this website. I am interested in creating ways for communities

Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:05 PM

Looks like Dash and Etherium are winning as Bitcoins slides on Fear of A Fork

The market is "bipolar", swinging back and forth from a focus on Inflation to Deflation. Bet on swings; and stay flexible. What are bipolar markets? See: http://tinyurl.com/GEI-Manix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users