The Naked Trader (Robbie Burns)

I haven't followed the QPP story, buy it looks like the institutional shareholders have come out and shown their support for the management, and they are looking at building a foundation of dividends going forward. I guess someone is listening out there!

Me neither, just heard a lot of noise and it looked subject to a fairly harsh short attack.

And yes. did see it has happenend before.

Don't really understand the business and I'm not going to spend forever trying to, but given director purchases, some o the comments coming out and balancing the "short" puff, I'd say it's the old speculative buy on little research from around this level.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm would that be E.K's acquaintance? Think he has had a bit to do with Lucien too, now both those guys have some degree of credibility.... well at times.

But Tom <_< Now I've got no grudge against the fact he looks desparate of late, i've never subscribed to his thoughts, but ever since I've seen him flagged up by I think Dr B or Frizzers, i just never took to the guy.

Maybe something like this, that one of his fans put up colours my opinion? dunno :P

Oh and the way the former R.S.H published it's tips performance of which the criteria was somewhat erm, well :lol:

Hehe. I followed and kept notes on TW over the last decade. If such people who have been in the share business for such a long time and succumbed to a recent bad run of luck, then I know we are NOT in an equity bubble. Because in an equity bubble, everyone becomes an expert, and you can pick any stock and it will make you money. After such an unlucky run over the last five years, if he can stick at it, then it'll come good. The FTSE ALL share, has largely been flat to rising (well mostly flat to falling 2010-2012, and rising in 2013), so it is not easy to pick a winner. To note, I've followed the Naked Trader for a decade, and he hasn't made £10m, £100m or a billion yet - I am sure he well!

Untitled.png

^FTSE All Share

TW Youtube channel, https://www.youtube.com/user/RealManPizzaCompany/videos has some useful clips from the UK investor shows.

To note, I've followed the Naked Trader for a decade, and he hasn't made £10m, £100m or a billion yet - I am sure he well!

To keep on topic of Robbie, the reason I occasionally look in on him, his he publishes his loses and target positions quite openly. He also takes reasonable time outs, which say to me, he might not have made billions, but has made enough not to worry.

Sure he still peddles a lot of wares on his website and no doubt gets some royalties, but he's fairly open on that too. Best thing about him, unlike say a Dave Skarica or Peter Schiff, he doesn't stick to any one sector, so he's broader than say Gold/ Silver and associated plays. And unlike a John Lee or Edmond Jackson type column, he keeps it fairly simple.

To keep on topic of Robbie, the reason I occasionally look in on him, his he publishes his loses and target positions quite openly. He also takes reasonable time outs, which say to me, he might not have made billions, but has made enough not to worry.

Nothing wrong with that.

If he makes a decent living from his trading, chances are: he has something useful to say

• 4 weeks later...

I randomly did a search on youtube for Quindell, and someone has posted a possible bottom for Quindell at this low... will it work out?

I have no affiliation with that channel or website, by the way!

Been keeping a trading eye on these, making a little trade on the capitulation bounce that came following the what seems to be, Ill advised attempt to move yo the main list off AIM. Mid week this was ruled out and the support was trashed. The chart remains down, but brave enough intra day swing traders could have made decent gains on big volume days.

• 1 year later...

Been sometime since looked in on Robbie, but noticed last week he'd had several bites at QP. which after checking their website has quite a fund following in their short history http://ir.quantumpharmagroup.com/content/investor/shareholder.asp

Shares trade at 124.5p currently and results due which were inline with expectations on their trading statement. One bear point is regulatory approval, which was mentioned though not over stated. A lot coming through and I may have jumped early, but followed Robbie myself here. See what results bring.

Archived