Registering to become a New Member on GEI

Welcome Patito.

Why not jump in and post, or even start a thread.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Y'all,

We live in interesting times and I'm enjoying the interesting input on the boards. I'm a Brit living temporarily in North Carolina and travelling extensively in the Southeast US. I'm looking forward to providing some input to the walkable cities debate!

• 6 months later...

Hi,

I've been reading (lurking) for the past two years on your forum (moving over from housepricecrash.co.uk) and thought it about time I joined in the discussion with a post or two. A small gold bug at heart following the global economic apocalypse, the mechanisations of the psychopaths behind it and interested in the 'what we can do about it' part.

I'd like to answer the call for fresh blood. I've lurked on www.greenenergyinvestors.com since 2009, having been drawn to the site via HPC.co.uk. To me, the member discussion and book/podcast suggestions have been invaluable over the years, so I'd like to join in and try to contribute where possible.

I don't think I'm ever likely to be a prolific poster, but hopefully I can give back a little to the people who have helped and don't even know it!

As a starter for ten, I'd submit the last podcast I listened to: http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4/reith/rss.xml

This is the 2012 Reith lectures by Niall Ferguson, who takes on the rule of law, financial regulation and public institutions in his lectures. I think he's quite right in his analysis for the most part too!

---

Just to add that Dr Bubb announced me in the other thread as Jonnyfive, but on logging in I rediscovered my old account as bobman. I guess that makes me bobman forever more.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Long time lurker (over a year) but I wanted to contribute and so I signed up.

I am interested in gold and silver. I bought a few hundred pounds worth of antique silver a few years back when it was $11 an ounce - looks great and it is quite therapeutic when polishing it. I live just outside London but work in it. My wife is an astrophysicist and feminist and we are expecting our first child early next year.

Welcome, Gallivant

It is always good to have a new "long term lurker" onboard/

It will be interesting to see your future posts on the Gold or Silver threads, and whatever else may appeal to you,

even in The Fringe Section, if the material there interests you.

New ideas, and new posters are welcome here

Hi,

Long time lurker (over a year) but I wanted to contribute and so I signed up.

I am interested in gold and silver. I bought a few hundred pounds worth of antique silver a few years back when it was $11 an ounce - looks great and it is quite therapeutic when polishing it. I live just outside London but work in it. My wife is an astrophysicist and feminist and we are expecting our first child early next year.

Welcome gallivant :) Feel free to roam, I'm sure you'll enjoy it ;)

(There's also a physicist or two here too :D )

Ending the Confusion

I have just changed the Help file, talking about how to become a new member to what follows:

Help Topic: How to Register

New System - ignore what is below line :

It is now necessary to send an email to a Moderator, in order to get a log-in.

This procedure is discussed on a GEI thread:

http://tinyurl.com/GEI-newmem

========

Old system was different (so I hope this ends the confusion, and will increase GEI's sign-up rate):

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?app=core&module=help&do=01&HID=19&hl=registration

• 2 weeks later...

New Members:

===

Welcome to:

+ GoldieHawn

+ Happy

I look forward to hearing from you !

More:

+ dghita

+ jono / # 4,683

+ Alainco /

+ ----- /

+ junior43050 / # 4,686

And you are very welcome indeed.

It is a good time to join - I have a feeling that market volatility may soon increase,

and some very "interesting" times lie ahead (no Chinese curse intended!)

Welcome, Goldie, from "the other side" (& I thought that was the Fringe)

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to:

Alainco, and junior43050 ... and one other ?

• 2 weeks later...

there are still many lurkers here..

42 users are online (in the past 15 minutes)

9 members, 32 guests, 1 anonymous users (See full list)

why not sign on?

newest:

• EAWC Newest Member

With EAWC, you have a unique opportunity to invest in:

• Turnkey technologies from Germany & Switzerland.
  • Turnkey solutions with a significant potential for growth around the world, which provide local populations with access to essential resources at a low cost.
  • Clean, energy- and cost-saving solutions that are easy to install, mobile, self-contained and built to last.
  • A strong management team with extensive technological expertise in the field of renewable energy, hands-on experience in various developing countries, and a proven track record in industrial production, marketing and finance.
  • High added value and a host of competitive advantages.
  • Swiss quality production.

• 3 months later...

Lurkers,

Why not join the new members who are now joining GEI every week?

New members:

Why not say hello here