Gold Bullion Development Corp

deeper

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sweet baby moses we are taking one hell of a beating here... everyone still holding tight ?

I haven't sold a share - unfortunatley!

I'm completely dismayed with this sell off. It seems completely

out of wack with a poorly delivered NR. Considering the share prices

previous 12 month performance the scale of the initial sell off was suprising.

Even the rapid reaction of Dominic to put the record straight and further recommendations from Casey, Jay Taylor and BMR, it hasn't stopped the SP from staggering downward.

Looking over the facts again I feel more positive than I did initially.

Nothing that is visible to me warrants this kind of a sell off. Unless that is that this is part of a wider Market de-risking.

<!--quoteo(post=208781:date=Mar 9 2011, 07:21 PM:name=DoctorSolar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DoctorSolar @ Mar 9 2011, 07:21 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=208781"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->sweet baby moses we are taking one hell of a beating here... everyone still holding tight ?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I haven't sold a share - unfortunatley!

I'm completely dismayed with this sell off. It seems completely

out of wack with a poorly delivered NR. Considering the share prices

previous 12 month performance the scale of the initial sell off was suprising.

Even the rapid reaction of Dominic to put the record straight and further recommendations from Casey, Jay Taylor and BMR, it hasn't stopped the SP from staggering downward.

Looking over the facts again I feel more positive than I did initially.

Nothing that is visible to me warrants this kind of a sell off. Unless that is that this is part of a wider Market de-risking.

Oddball

I have to agree with your comments and have not sold any shares either. The fundamentals still seem good and although it's an early stage project, the indications are that GBB will have a viable mine. However, it's going to take a few years to get there so not a stock to be looking for a quick turn imo. I would like to see a NI 43-101 compliant resource by end of the summer. All the recent recommendations are encouraging so the question is should we be adding more as these low levels?

sweet baby moses we are taking one hell of a beating here... everyone still holding tight ?

The beating continues. Big sell off across the board today but I had hoped that this one had taken such a pounding already there wouldn't be many weak hands left. You begin to wonder if there is something up.

Well, -10.9% to 41c on the day. Interestingly Adventure gold, bordering Gold Bullions property was up 12%!

We looked to have received the perfect combination punch, an outside expectation NR bringing about an outside expectation fall, triggering stops as it fell. Then whilst the the SP was trying to gain some traction around the 52c level, shares from the last PP became free trading. It looks like some twitchy hands decided to sell at a small lost with the half warrant for cover. To cap it off a cross market sell off! Talk about bad timing.

Fear/panic now seem to have set in, just where will it end is anyone's guess. In the longer term, great value here though.

Well, -10.9% to 41c on the day. Interestingly Adventure gold, bordering Gold Bullions property was up 12%!

We looked to have received the perfect combination punch, an outside expectation NR bringing about an outside expectation fall, triggering stops as it fell. Then whilst the the SP was trying to gain some traction around the 52c level, shares from the last PP became free trading. It looks like some twitchy hands decided to sell at a small lost with the half warrant for cover. To cap it off a cross market sell off! Talk about bad timing.

Fear/panic now seem to have set in, just where will it end is anyone's guess. In the longer term, great value here though.

And down another 7% today. Cripes this is brutal.

Chart looks good for a bounce around this level. I'm not in this co at all at the moment, but I'm looking to enter over the next couple of days.

Only problem is the number of great buying opportunities I see elsewhere, this one may well fall to the bottom of the pile.

• 4 weeks later...

Chart looks good for a bounce around this level. I'm not in this co at all at the moment, but I'm looking to enter over the next couple of days.

Only problem is the number of great buying opportunities I see elsewhere, this one may well fall to the bottom of the pile.

GBB has just been recommended by Doug Casey's International Speculator, hence the big jump in the share price. Here's a link from stockhouse, which gives an overview of their comments:

http://www.stockhouse.com/Bullboards/MessageDetailThread.aspx?p=0&m=29543131&l=0&r=0&s=GBB&t=LIST

I took a small position below 40c just after my last post. Be careful with this one, as with all juniors it's risk piled upon risk piled upon risk.

A newsletter bounce is no time to buy either. Any market thin enough to be moved substantially by such things will be easily exploitable by market makers. I'd expect a dump in the next few weeks, maybe back below 40c, to wash out the 'chasers'.

Gold Bullion Developments Is Racing Ahead With Its Granada Gold Project, And Will Shortly Spin Off Its Silver Assets

By Alexander Williams

http://www.minesite.com/nc/cnd/minews/singlenews/article/gold-bullion-developments-is-racing-ahead-with-its-granada-gold-project-but-will-shortly-spin-off-i/1.html

Investors in Gold Bullion Development Corp have not been short of news-flow in recent months. The company has been working at breakneck speed proving up resources at its two Canadian projects, the LONG Bars gold project in Quebec and the Castle silver mine in Ontario, which will now be spun off. LONG Bars lies on the prolific Cadillac Trend, and is part of the company’s wider Granada licence. And, for anyone wondering about the name – it’s an acronym for “Lots Of New Gold… Bars”, which, if it delivers on its promise, ought to make shareholders a happy bunch indeed.

Gold Bullion has rapidly increased its land holding at Granada since it entered the region in 2006, staking what is now an 11,000-hectare claim. “We’re looking to do some more acquisitions”, says chief executive Frank Basa. “Right now what we’re doing is trying to pick everything up going East. We’ve been having very good success on the Eastern zone.” One drill hole on the North East extension showed 0.93 grams per tonne gold over 230 meters, with a forty-meter intersect grading 4.9 grams per tonne. Over a shorter length grades reached as high as 163 grams per tonne.

Given that the bulk of the company’s tenements at Granada have until now escaped systematically exploration, recent results from LONG Bars are particularly significant. But perhaps the most exciting aspect of the property is that mineralization remains open in all directions, leaving plenty of scope for further positive drill results. As Frank Basa explains: “the grade has a tendency to change at depth and we’ve done two deep holes now down to about 450 meters”. So when it comes to modelling for future production, an open-pit model could also extend underground. “We also have two base metals that keep showing up, being copper and nickel, but at present they are not economical to recover.”

News last week that Gold Bullion has appointed serial drilling entrepreneur Ronald Goguen to its board can only be positive for its exploration efforts. Mr. Goguen was the founder of Major Drilling and is currently the Chairman of Landdrill International. “Ron Goguen brings to the table a long history of effective management in public companies”, explains Frank. “He also has a very good track record of developing assets and he has a lot of contacts which we ourselves don’t have.” Goguen also sits on the board of Silvore Fox Minerals Corp, a company that did a transformational deal with Sino Minerals Corp in November last year. His appointment was certainly greeted positively by the markest, as the shares rose more than ten per cent to C

.47 on the news.

The extent of the Granada claim was made clear last year when management re-discovered two abandoned mines to the East of the LONG Bars zone, after having sifted through government files from the 1930s and 1940s. Gold Bullion then decided to put a road in to the rediscovered workings and drilling will begin on the prospect once water has been found. It could potentially extend the strike length from 1.2 kilometres to roughly 3.5 kilometres, if the rig finds success. Another disused mine sits a further kilometer east, and since most of the mineralised projects on the Cadillac Trend run east-to-west, it looks as though Gold Bullion has a pretty large potential target on its hands.

The intention now is to prove up a substantial resource this summer, which, if the share price responds accordingly, should allow for a substantial fundraising. Drilling has been relentless, only stopping for two weeks since last May. “We sent everyone home at Christmas”, Frank Basa concedes.

Meanwhile, exploration also recommenced this quarter on the company’s Castle Mine silver project, which covers 34 leased claims and more than 560 square hectares, and the plan now is for the creation of a new and independent listed vehicle, to be called, appropriately, Castle Silver Mines Inc. The plan is to put together a new 43-101 report as quickly as possible. But the Castle mine already has a pedigree. Historically it’s produced plenty of silver, though not since the late 1980s when Agnico-Eagle moved off the site. Gold Bullion has initiated a 6,000 metre drilling campaign, aimed at extending existing silver-cobalt veins.

The separation of the Castle project will leave Gold Bullion to focus on Granada and the Cadillac Trend. Frank Basa insists this is not merely a story of a higher gold price lifting an old mining camp back into economic viability. He has tested the company’s preliminary economic models at a gold price of US$800, and has included the likely higher fuel costs attached to a high tonnage open-pit mine. But with assay results continuing to flow in from Granada, investors will have plenty of opportunity to make up their own minds. The latest showed 72.25 metres at 1.25 grams per tonne. Which is certainly not to be sniffed at.

• 3 weeks later...

Well Marceau I was sceptical about your comment of a revisit below 40c. Spot on as it turned out. These sell offs really shake confidence but I'll hold firm until the 43-101.

Has anyone a view on wether we are nearing a bottom.

Looking at the wider gold sector HUI CDNX and there ratio to $GOLD we are approaching levels last seen at the end of last summer. Unless we are heading for something very nasty is this not early? Or are we about to begin a summer rally in the gold stocks?

Oddball my view is that gold explorers now look very atttractive give the current gold price (particularly ones such as GBB who operate in countries with low political risk). Timing is always difficult but I'm fairly confident that GBB will be much higher by the end of the year. If the NI 43-101 resource comes out in the next 4-5 months (I know management have said by end of summer) then the shares are surely worth somewhere between $1-2 per share assuming a decent resource of 2m oz+. This imo will be the turning point. The market does not seem that impressed with the low grades at present but surely this is all about drilling for structure and a potentially huge bulk tonnage deposit? Maybe I'm just a stale bull though having bought at $55c last summer and then buying more at 80c!.

Oddball my view is that gold explorers now look very atttractive give the current gold price (particularly ones such as GBB who operate in countries with low political risk). Timing is always difficult but I'm fairly confident that GBB will be much higher by the end of the year. If the NI 43-101 resource comes out in the next 4-5 months (I know management have said by end of summer) then the shares are surely worth somewhere between $1-2 per share assuming a decent resource of 2m oz+. This imo will be the turning point. The market does not seem that impressed with the low grades at present but surely this is all about drilling for structure and a potentially huge bulk tonnage deposit? Maybe I'm just a stale bull though having bought at $55c last summer and then buying more at 80c!.

Couple of good posts on the stockhouse board that highlight how low the GBB market cap is compared to the potential size of the deposit and other gold explorers. Seems crazy to me

http://www.stockhouse.com/Bullboards/MessageDetailThread.aspx?p=0&m=29667038&l=0&r=0&s=GBB&t=LIST

http://www.stockhouse.com/Bullboards/MessageDetailThread.aspx?p=0&m=29677932&l=0&r=0&s=GBB&t=LIST

Hi Jimbo - Frank Basa seemed certain about a June 30th release for the 43-101 but I'm in agreement, late summer would be more likely. Then we'll be able to pin an initial price estimate on the project. The problem we've had is the speculation and the confidence it relies on. As both, we and the management have found this is to be a fragile thing.

I'm sympathetic also with entry points buying at 54c and 80c but then later at 38c and 41c. I'm still substantially down though and only time will tell if it was right to follow a losing trade.

Overall I'm still confident that there is a dam sight more value here than the market is giving credit for! And that it's location, as this crisis evolves, will prove to be highly regarded.

Well Marceau I was sceptical about your comment of a revisit below 40c. Spot on as it turned out. These sell offs really shake confidence but I'll hold firm until the 43-101.

Has anyone a view on wether we are nearing a bottom.

Looking at the wider gold sector HUI CDNX and there ratio to $GOLD we are approaching levels last seen at the end of last summer. Unless we are heading for something very nasty is this not early? Or are we about to begin a summer rally in the gold stocks?

Well look on the bright side, it's created another good place to buy with minimal downside risk. I added more to my (deliberately small) position below 40c on Thursday and will now sit tight to see what the next sustained rally in gold brings.

If the gold market truly sells off then this firm will get cheaper still and I may buy some more, but generally I avoid averaging down into explorers as the results can end up catastrophic. In fact the odds are so stacked against success that my current position in GBB is just one of 17 juniors/explorers.

Anything less than 15 and I start getting nervous about a lack of diversification. When any stock doubles I sell half, 3/4 of which then goes into RGLD or SLW, with the remainder going back into juniors. Using this method I've managed to build up some very substantial positions over the years. I usually only consider selling on downside moves of over 50%, which is why entry points are so important to me. Minimizing the potential for a washout has saved me many times, even in 2008.

The bottom line is that it doesn't matter what this firm says they have, they'll have to deliver something tangible in order to get market interest. If it's a dog it's a dog, no amount of tweaking press release language will change that.

I have started picking at GBB a couple of weeks ago, started very slowly but am already down 23%. Have another buy in which hopefully will get hit tomorrow, it does seem a promising property and the silver spinoff should be good for shareholders.

I have started picking at GBB a couple of weeks ago, started very slowly but am already down 23%. Have another buy in which hopefully will get hit tomorrow, it does seem a promising property and the silver spinoff should be good for shareholders.

Pixel

It's only a paper loss :) Good to see we are both in GBB and MML!

Jim

Roger replies most times if anyone has any questions about GBB, although recently he blanked me completely when I asked him general questions about 43-101(probably not allowed to answer anyway)

> Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 17:17:37 -0400

> Subject: Re: Questions on GBB

>

>

> Drilling at Castle is slower than Granada since the rock is harder.

> Drilling at Aukeko should have started this week so there are no

> results yet.

> The rig at Castle will be moved to Granada when the 6,000 metres are completed.

> I'll check on the deeper holes you asked about,

>

> Regards,

> Roger Thomas

• 3 weeks later...

Nice to see GBB over 50c again. There is a lot of talk over on stockhouse with Osisko taking a stake in THG so things seem to be hotting up.

I'm not too worried whether the NI 43-101 is out by end of June as long as it's not too late. Anyone hazard a guess as to how many oz's it will contain?

Quite a hike straight from the off, looks like a bit more than just bottom fishers around the 40c mark.

Not quite sure what to make of this IKN chap but he takes a dim view of GBB:

And while we're on the subject of Lobito those still left in his other recent underperforming dogpick, Gold Bullion Development Corp (GBB.v), would be wise to exit before the Vancouver junior mining conference and bunfest this weekend. Just sayin'

http://incakolanews.blogspot.com/2011/06/lets-all-laugh-at-poor-people.html

I'm still holding at a loss here....

• 4 weeks later...

FYI

43-101 will include an area of 1.2 KM X 500 Metres X 200 Metres

data from KWG in the 90's the majority(if not all) will be "inferred" category.

There have been more assays coming in and a press release will be prepared shortly

10 holes completed at Aukeko and some core has been sent to the lab

Castle spin out is moving forward, maybe within the next 2 months

We still have the 3 senior companies wanting to visit our property

FYI

43-101 will include an area of 1.2 KM X 500 Metres X 200 Metres

data from KWG in the 90's the majority(if not all) will be "inferred" category.

There have been more assays coming in and a press release will be prepared shortly

10 holes completed at Aukeko and some core has been sent to the lab

Castle spin out is moving forward, maybe within the next 2 months

We still have the 3 senior companies wanting to visit our property

Hi Med

Just wondering where the 200m depth figure came from? Are these answers to questions directly from the company?

I was working on 140m at this point , 200m will make some difference to the total number of oz.

This info is a response from Roger.

Hi Med

Just wondering where the 200m depth figure came from? Are these answers to questions directly from the company?

I was working on 140m at this point , 200m will make some difference to the total number of oz.

Archived