Welcome Back, from "the cooler"

Welcome Back, from "the cooler"

Suspended posters are still welcome here

===========================

I just wanted to make that clear.

GEI has been in a period of "zero tolerance", but that does not mean anyone who was suspended is not welcome.

The site was been nice and hassle-free, and we want to keep it that way.

But if you will show due respect to posters and mods here, you are still welcome

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My suggestion:

JUMP RIGHT BACK IN, and start making meaningful postings

I got banned for calling someone a troll.

I was banned for complaining when RH called others a troll.

Problem was I was banned by the person about whom I was complaining!! (this simply cannot be right!!)

If you can get banned for reporting a post then what is the point of having a reporting function?

What is the point in any of the banned posters coming back?

Zero tolerance is not my idea of a robust debate.

This forum is sterile and lacking in any real debate you got what you wanted.

The number of posters left on this site says it all really.

I am off to some other forums for a robust and maybe even heated debate!

Last one out turn off the lights!!

I Like football and rugby.

They have referees who help to make the games run smoothly.

They make a lot of decisions. Mostly they get it right. Sometimes they get it wrong.

When a player suffers a decision, regardles if it was wrong or right, they don't generally quit. If a player gets sent to the sinbin for 5 minutes, they don't usually then refuse ever play again. A red card and a 3 match ban doesn't usually result in a player calling it a day.

Perhaps if they do refuse to ever play again, they weren't really that interested in playing in the first place.

Q

(edit - spelling)

Problem was I was banned by the person about whom I was complaining!! (this simply cannot be right!!)

I agree that there is an issue there.

The other issue is suspension of account versus suspension of posting ability. The latter at least allows complaints by PM about the actual banning.

I got banned for calling someone a troll.

I was banned for complaining when RH called others a troll.

If you can get banned for reporting a post then what is the point of having a reporting function?

What is the point in any of the banned posters coming back?

Zero tolerance is not my idea of a robust debate.

This forum is sterile and lacking in any real debate you got what you wanted.

The number of posters left on this site says it all really.

I am off to some other forums for a robust and maybe even heated debate!

Last one out turn off the lights!!

With a posting like that, I don't see that MIA would be a big loss for the website.

The lights are on and shining

I wasn't suspended, but last posted nearly 2 years ago and thought I would say hello. Good to see the old names still about, Goldfinger a Mod no less!

Hi, Tahoma,

Nice to hear from you.

It would be a real shame if Catflap didn't return. Fascinating poster, enjoyed reading his technical and cyclical perspective.

I do totally agree with that, and he was one of the main posters I had in mind when I started this thread

I was banned for a week for saying that I thought "Short term TA on charts painted by the cartel is pointless" in response to a post my DrB. That was not inflammatory to anyone, yet I then get RH saying;

No, posts such as that are pointless. Also pointless is being so deeply prejudiced about something [the cartel, hyper-inflation etc] that one is unable to see alternative possibilities.

Followed by instantly banning me for a week. I have spent many years posting on GEI and have had lots of PMs thanking me for my posts.

I feel that certain choices of mod on GEI are just plain wrong and won't be coming back here, although I will miss some of the posters I have met on here. Boards are supposed to be about discussion of different issues, to be told that your view point is prejudiced and then instantly banned wreaked of George Orwells thought police to me. A board where there is no discussion isn't really a forum anymore.

I guess this happens to all forums when they get to a certain size and popularity.

For those that would still like to see my posts you are welcome at 24knews. Sorry I have had enough now.

It would be a real shame if Catflap didn't return. Fascinating poster, enjoyed reading his technical and cyclical perspective.

Totally agree, but I also miss GOM if he's gone.

Questiondog mentioned the role of Mods akin to referee's. Bubb and G.F should be grateful at least they don't have 20-70,000 people chanting "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING" in lager fuelled harmony every Saturday afternoon! :lol:

On that sporting analogy, problem is Bubb and G.F are doing the equivalent of appealing to a group of kids plaing in the park? If 7 year old Johnny who owns the ball doesn't like the decision, he sulks off with said ball. :( Eventually the others start playing with a new ball, and make new mates who come along and join the fun.

So little Johnny either watches and joins back in game or he makes new mates and goes to play elsewhere.

Riggers will play on any team, even though i'm not the best on the pitch( heck you can stick me in goal and take shots at me :P ), lifes too short and all that, I just want to enjoy the experience.

Catflap and Bigt are huge losses for this site IMO.

Both top quality posters.

I dont think BigT was suspended, he merely wanted a rest (I believe)

Catflap has many friends and followers here, and I think he will be back (eventually)

Rigger's got it right, I think.

The games afoot here, and it is on reasonable quality. We play on, with or without some old good players.

They are welcome when they are ready to play again

I was banned for a week for saying that I thought "Short term TA on charts painted by the cartel is pointless" in response to a post my DrB. That was not inflammatory to anyone, yet I then get RH saying;

Followed by instantly banning me for a week. I have spent many years posting on GEI and have had lots of PMs thanking me for my posts.

I feel that certain choices of mod on GEI are just plain wrong and won't be coming back here, although I will miss some of the posters I have met on here. Boards are supposed to be about discussion of different issues, to be told that your view point is prejudiced and then instantly banned wreaked of George Orwells thought police to me. A board where there is no discussion isn't really a forum anymore.

I guess this happens to all forums when they get to a certain size and popularity.

For those that would still like to see my posts you are welcome at 24knews. Sorry I have had enough now.

Well if I was a mod which I would not be :lol: , I would probably ban you too.

and not just because of the repetitive & unbridled pitching of your own website...

Well if I was a mod which I would not be :lol: , I would probably ban you too.

and not just because of the repetitive & unbridled pitching of your own website...

Pixel8er is a top quality poster who contributed some great posts and I think you should explain why you think he should be banned.

I agree GEI may have stepped accross from being under moderated to over moderated.

But consider this all you libertarians - if it is this difficult to run a bulletin board with just a few thousand members then how difficult is it to run a country and balance the needs of the population against the needs of the few.

Should you blame the populace or the (un)elected leaders ?

There is a certain irony here somewhere. Especially seeing as from a political stand point the vast majority of GEI seem to prefer one side of the pitch.....

Archived