Registering to become a New Member on GEI

Other reasons to join GEI (as if you didnt already know)

Although No6 & DrBubbs diaries are in the public domain it is surprising what you can learn if you ask questions. A chance to join in the conversations.

Chance to contribute to the best of you tube + best of you tube music threads!

Non gold/silver bugs also welcome.

Bubb it might help if you state that all are welcome and one does not necessarily have to have a degree in economics etc. Feel free to delete this last comment if you diasagree etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am from Wonderland and I am here to show how deep the rabbit hole goes.

From Wonderland you may be .............. but you're certainly not holding a torch. It's all very well for, such a learned fellow as yourself, to make the occasional, yet eagerly anticipated post, but to new members it's lost as some kind of anagram. Start posting properly and with conviction otherwise, tbh, you sound like a pretentious arsehole. As a long time reader here I know that not to be the case, and apologise if you think this is an assault on you ................ not true. Just a heads up or reality check on your online personna credibility. :-)

From Wonderland you may be .............. but you're certainly not holding a torch. It's all very well for, such a learned fellow as yourself, to make the occasional, yet eagerly anticipated post, but to new members it's lost as some kind of anagram. Start posting properly and with conviction otherwise, tbh, you sound like a pretentious arsehole. As a long time reader here I know that not to be the case, and apologise if you think this is an assault on you ................ not true. Just a heads up or reality check on your online personna credibility. :-)

I have tried to send a message to Dr Bubb to delete this post but to no avail. May I here, in full sight of the forum apologise personally to cgnao for my comment. In hindsight I could have worded my post far better. It was not meant as a personal attack, if anything it was out of frustration that he/she no longer makes the informative and inspirational posts that he/she once made. I'm embarresed by the above post and hope that a mod may read this and delete as requested. Once again cgnao, please accept my apology if my post caused you any irritation. :)

I have tried to send a message to Dr Bubb to delete this post but to no avail. May I here, in full sight of the forum apologise personally to cgnao for my comment. In hindsight I could have worded my post far better. It was not meant as a personal attack, if anything it was out of frustration that he/she no longer makes the informative and inspirational posts that he/she once made. I'm embarresed by the above post and hope that a mod may read this and delete as requested. Once again cgnao, please accept my apology if my post caused you any irritation. :)

I’m a complete newbie here (maiden post) and was just kinda wandering around the forum to try and get a feeling for the guys here. I’ve been a member of GHPC and latterly CC for the past few years. Recent events at CC have caused me to consider looking elsewhere for a place to lay my hat (not necessarily terminally) but I have to say it’s refreshing to see someone admit an error of judgement in an open and honest way. Jeez, we all make mistakes...

Anyway... I’ll spend a bit of time having a look through the threads and try to get a handle on the persona(s) of the peeps here, and the topics up for discussion.

Thanks. (it's kinda like joining a new school/job - a wee bit intimidating!)

sep

sep

Thanks for you comment, sep.

Keeping posting. It's the best way of getting over a (wee) feeling of being intimidated

I’m a complete newbie here (maiden post) and was just kinda wandering around the forum to try and get a feeling for the guys here. I’ve been a member of GHPC and latterly CC for the past few years. Recent events at CC have caused me to consider looking elsewhere for a place to lay my hat (not necessarily terminally) but I have to say it’s refreshing to see someone admit an error of judgement in an open and honest way. Jeez, we all make mistakes...

Anyway... I’ll spend a bit of time having a look through the threads and try to get a handle on the persona(s) of the peeps here, and the topics up for discussion.

sep

There is no shame in admitting when you are wrong. There is shame, however, in not admitting when you know you are.

Please feel free to contribute Sep. Ask questions, follow all lines of enquiry and most essentially, form your own opinions from your own research. :)

You'll be surprised how often your experience and knowledge in your own field can contribute here to the benefit of all.

• 2 weeks later...

New members are coming across from HPC

nazihamas03.jpg

The Bannings continue at HPC

av-11769.jpg

Is the above a Mod on HPC?

If so, he is well-named.

I have just signed up a new member here, who had the courage to mention "Gold" on HPC, and got banned for it.

Soon those who think the moderation policy on HPC is ridiculous, will "join hands and jump off the cliff together." ... Then they can "walk into heaven" as a team.

Is "Bruce Banner" doing all the banning on HPC ?

New members are coming across from HPC

Is "Bruce Banner" doing all the banning on HPC ?

I didnt think he was a moderator although he really hates those who understand gold. I think the unreasonable banning is due to the fact that most of the moderators hate gold but wish they had bought some when they were busy over moderating discussion of it in the main forum back in 2008. Their cash is king is devaluing with house prices only falling gently, whilst gold is soaring. They must be pretty bitter about it, hence their irrational banning of anyone who reminds them of their mistake! Its quite entertaining really....

Thank you for letting me join. I'm merely learning at the moment therefore very little to contribute. With talk of low growth and another bout of QE, I hope to gain incite into investing my savings away from sterling denominated savings accounts.

Thank you for letting me join. I'm merely learning at the moment therefore very little to contribute. With talk of low growth and another bout of QE, I hope to gain incite into investing my savings away from sterling denominated savings accounts.

Welcome RichyB.

You have come to a good place for learning. Likewise, I arrived here without a massive amount of understanding. I can honestly say, that reading and soaking in information, listening to different peoples views etc. has given me a much better insight into how best to position myself financially.

A big thanks goes out to all who post here.

Good luck with your journey.

You are welcome, Ricky.

Dont be afraid to ask questions, and check out the Investor diaries, including my own.

But for pure UK based investors, some of the others may be better

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, here's my bit:

I'm a fairly heavy lurker on HPC, and have followed DrBubbs posts on there for some time. I also listened with interest to the podcasts on Frisby's Bulls and Bears on iTunes. I stopped reading about house price crashes for a while, and when I returned to HPC for some discussion about investing in general, I discovered that a lot of posts had been removed. I also discovered that the discussions on that site were largely becoming petty arguments between members, rather than informed debate (although that does still exist in parts).

So now I lurk in both GEI and HPC to try and form a balanced opinion on things.

I'm not an expert, nor a heavy poster, and I do not claim to understand everything going on with the economy, but I do hope to ask questions here or there that may help with the general readership of the site.

Largely interested in Gold just now, and hoping to buy in soon to try and spread my savings.

I'm not an expert, nor a heavy poster, and I do not claim to understand everything going on with the economy, but I do hope to ask questions here or there that may help with the general readership of the site.

Largely interested in Gold just now, and hoping to buy in soon to try and spread my savings.

Welcome, B-Real.

It's good to see you posting here.

Watch the ratio between Silver and Gold, there are times that Silver is a better buy.

And eventually you may want to learn more about options

Hi Everyone

First post, first day at school

watching reading and learning, my email below to get me "in the club"

The Fox

Dr Bubb

After locating you on HPC I found your comments and thoughts fascinating on an array of subjects and have enjoyed reading them for sometime

One of my main interests is the UK housing market as I have sat out of this for a long time and some of your views over the years have stopped me from ploughing in

Long term Im working towards trading part/full time and have been practising and losing money for too long.

I would enjoy been part of an interested community that speaks a lot of sense, which of course will help me trade.

Dr Bubb

After locating you on HPC I found your comments and thoughts fascinating on an array of subjects and have enjoyed reading them for sometime

One of my main interests is the UK housing market as I have sat out of this for a long time and some of your views over the years have stopped me from ploughing in

Welcome, TheFox.

I will look forward to reading your postings.

Be sure and check out: http://www.GlobalPropertyCycles.com

...which leads to another part of this website, where you can find:

+ UK Property Price Data : http://www.tinurl.com/HPC-data

+ My UK and US property Diaries

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here, and apparently the protocol is to post on this thread, as my first post, the reason I gave for wanting to be a member. I'm feeling well-behaved today, so here goes:

"I'd like to be a member of GEI because I'm an active investor and I reckon I could both contribute new ideas and learn myself from others. I write on fool.co.uk and stockopedia.co.uk using the name SirLurkalot."

There it is. I'm looking forward to reading all your wise thoughts, and gradually joining in to add a few modest ones of my own. More later!

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here, and apparently the protocol is to post on this thread, as my first post, the reason I gave for wanting to be a member. I'm feeling well-behaved today, so here goes:

"I'd like to be a member of GEI because I'm an active investor and I reckon I could both contribute new ideas and learn myself from others. I write on fool.co.uk and stockopedia.co.uk using the name SirLurkalot."

There it is. I'm looking forward to reading all your wise thoughts, and gradually joining in to add a few modest ones of my own. More later!

Hi SirL and welcome

I lurk a bit on TMF and a couple of the others and recognise your name.

Feel free to make yourself at home.

Hello,

As per the joining rules, this is my first post.

I recently saw someone sitting outside Starbucks in Wimbledon reading the book 'Free Capital' and almost wandered up to ask him what it was about (very unlike me). Having later wandered into the bookshop "Waterstone's" I saw 'Free Capital' in the business section and thought it looked interesting, so I purchased it.

In reading that book, I came across the pseudonym "Nigel", whose concepts of cycles seemed to provide a framework for thinking about change as a series of parallel cycles of different lengths. This seemed intuitively explanatory from an economic and psychological perspective. The book mentioned this website, so I came along for a look and found some very interesting posts on trading silver and a mini-series on market swings. What struck me most was that those posting seemed actively involved with the topic, rather than the kinds of postulating I see on different forums. This somewhat chaotic forum seemed to have some very interesting information.

I'm here because I'm interested in better understanding how the world reacts to the economic events that unfold over time and want to develop my ability to identify the opportunity that the crowds avoid.

My objective is to read and think, and pose the odd question there and there. Perhaps the questions I ask will provide insight for the old hands on what the non-cognizant are thinking!

Hello,

wELCOME

I look forward to reading more of your posts

• 2 weeks later...

I recently saw someone sitting outside Starbucks in Wimbledon reading the book 'Free Capital' and almost wandered up to ask him what it was about (very unlike me). Having later wandered into the bookshop "Waterstone's" I saw 'Free Capital' in the business section and thought it looked interesting, so I purchased it.

Hi and welcome. As it happens I know Wimbledon quIte well but dont frequent Starbucks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I am a new member. I am an investor interested in market always looking for an edge. I believe that hard work and study pays off in investing. But it is important (especially in the current environment) to look at margin of safety / risk vs reward.

Hi I am a new member. I am an investor interested in market always looking for an edge. I believe that hard work and study pays off in investing. But it is important (especially in the current environment) to look at margin of safety / risk vs reward.

Hi Roddy, and welcome.

I hope you can post something here, similar to the two excellent emails that you have sent me.

Hello,

In reading that book, I came across the pseudonym "Nigel", whose concepts of cycles seemed to provide a framework for thinking about change as a series of parallel cycles of different lengths. This seemed intuitively explanatory from an economic and psychological perspective. The book mentioned this website, so I came along for a look and found some very interesting posts on trading silver and a mini-series on market swings. What struck me most was that those posting seemed actively involved with the topic, rather than the kinds of postulating I see on different forums. This somewhat chaotic forum seemed to have some very interesting information.

I'm here because I'm interested in better understanding how the world reacts to the economic events that unfold over time and want to develop my ability to identify the opportunity that the crowds avoid.

My objective is to read and think, and pose the odd question there and there. Perhaps the questions I ask will provide insight for the old hands on what the non-cognizant are thinking!